All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Find the dumb GM - Marc Bergevin edition

I’d be in favor of almost any deal that ends in “we throw in Lovejoy”.
  3. Find the dumb GM - Marc Bergevin edition

Well, then maybe the first deal, but we throw in Lovejoy?
  4. Find the dumb GM - Marc Bergevin edition

That I would pass on.
  5. Find the dumb GM - Marc Bergevin edition

I'd like to think that Zacha, Henrique, and a first would be enough for Weber but not likely. Think more: Jesper Bratt and Will Butcher leaving along with other top goods. That's what it takes to get an elite 1D.
  6. Find the dumb GM - Marc Bergevin edition

Saw this after I posted and I echo mfitz-I'd probably do it under those circumstances. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Find the dumb GM - Marc Bergevin edition

Agreed. I'm certainly not against the sheer idea of bringing in Weber, but that contract.... Yeesh. No thanks. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

Sorry, but that’s absurd. 5 goals, 3 assists in 17 games. JJ wishes in his wildest dreams. Oh, and he’s tied for 3rd on our team with his 5 goals. Ahead of Palmieri, Henrique, Hischier, Johansson, etc. 5 goals in 17 games is hardly “once in a blue moon”. That’s like a 25 goal pace for a full season. JJ doesn’t have even close to 25 goals in 282 games!!!! Anyone who thinks Stafford sucks clearly isn’t paying attention and doesn’t realize how well he is performing given how little he is being paid.
  9. Find the dumb GM - Marc Bergevin edition

Rumours that i heard around here is that before the season Shero offered Henrique for Galchenyuk (not sure if it was one for one or other picks/players were involved) and Bergevin turned it down. Then few weeks into the season Bergevin contacted Shero again and offered the same deal, then Shero turned it down. Is it true or not? god knows but that's what i read a few times NBC sports also reported that the Wild and the Devils were in contact with Bergevin for Galchenyuk and that Henrique and Scandella were the players discussed Dregger also confirmed that we were after Galchenyuk at that time
  10. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

I wish Quennville could be called up, Mojo was healthy and Boyle/Stafford sat. Hell, I'd rather see Hayes instead of Stafford. The Wild tying goal was the best goaltender screen I've ever seen in my life. Boyle is not good defensively - his face off ability should not be free license to be on the ice in the final two mins.
  11. Find the dumb GM - Marc Bergevin edition

If that’s true, I’d do it.
  12. Today
  13. Find the dumb GM - Marc Bergevin edition

He’ll probably retire well before that and Nashville is on the hook for his recapture penalty if it’s not done away with in the next CBA.
  14. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

Stafford seems to venturing into JJ territory. Only useful in the shootout, and will score a goal every once in a blue moon.
  15. Find the dumb GM - Marc Bergevin edition

The only asset we should be trading Zacha for is a defenseman, not another struggling forward.
  16. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Or simply obviate the need for signing either Hayes or Stafford.
  17. Find the dumb GM - Marc Bergevin edition

Zacha for Galchenyuk+? Two guys in need of a change of scenery?
  18. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Same.. hate losing an asset for free. Getting Kerfoot in here would've made Zacha / McLeod (more) expendable for a defenseman.
  19. Find the dumb GM - Marc Bergevin edition

I'd be intrigued by that deal if Montreal retains a significant portion of his salary. Weber would be a great tutor to our young D and would instantly address a huge hole.
  20. Find the dumb GM - Marc Bergevin edition

I don’t want Weber for the next 9 years or so through 2025/26... too much term given he’s 32
  21. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

Zajac is absolutely a top 6 center and probably a better player than Nico now, if healthy. There is no other center on this team who can handle the Matthews', Crosby's, etc without getting crushed. Nico has not played well against a certain type of center this year because he is still physically immature. Koivu handed him his lunch and I'll bet Bergeron will tomorrow night if they see a lot of each other. Zajac and Hall were quietly one of the more effective duos in the league last year. I'd put them together when Zajac gets up to speed to let Nico destroy softer matchups. I agree with those who say Noesen needs to be back in. I know we've talked about it a lot in chat during games, but other than a few goals, Stafford has been a complete negative. No wheels, no creativity, effort seems inconsistent. Noesen back in means he can play net front on the PP and get Boyle the f off of there. Anyway, really hope NJ can take advantage of no Marchand and Krug tomorrow
  22. So there has been chatter in the past day or so about Montreal going into rebuild mode at the suggestion of Bergevin. If it’s true, it’s amazing that he wasn’t fired immediately after broaching the subject since it’s 100 percent his fault that they’re in that situation. So while he’s still there, how could we fleece him? I imagine the player to offer would be Zacha, but I think Shero would almost have to tell Hynes to put him on the PP so he can up his point totals to increase his trade value. Is Shea Weber still good that you can trade a player you can live without just to take on his salary?
  23. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

You notice that the players who are really having problems are ex-fighters. For all those years, if the PA wanted to get rid of fighting, it could have forced the issue, but never did. I imagine that this was precisely because you had fighters arguing that they’d be out of job if fighting were ever banned. While maybe they could argue that the league hid medical data about the severity of repeated concussions, it’s sort of hard to claim that you didn’t know that getting repeatedly punched in the head wouldn’t cause you any long term damage. I mean, Peluso’s case of being forced back on the ice after a seizure seems pretty egregious, but it doesn’t look like he’s going to come away with any major settlement.
  24. Yesterday
  25. MLB 2017-8 Offseason

Just wanted a place to stick the news about the punishment handed down on the Braves. More like a hammer. Since I don’t know the amateur rules all that well, I have trouble following what the scheme was. But still, imagine the Devils before the season started losing Nico and McCleod and having a Shero banned for life. Holy moly that commissioner does not mess around.
  26. Only 6 years between posts lol

Haha good to know!!!
  27. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

yeah none of those guys would make it happen one for one though. I assume the asking price for him is pretty damn high
  28. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

i saw an interview with him where he actually addressed that. That he doesnt want his condition to weight at all in the coaches decisions. If they think he should be in he lineup he'll be there and that if he's not that he'll work harder to be there... or something along those lines... I do really really really like how Hynes has been running the team and it started from training camp. You can be anyone on the roster... you won't get any favour. And it truly looks like there's a very good communication with the players when it's happening. It's a lot better than Deboer strapping a rookie to the bench after a mistake while old over the hill vets would get away with murder 10 times per shifts and being left in the dark. That had to be frustrating
  1. Load more activity