All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. GDT: Red Wings @ Devils 7:00PM

Johansson is a victim of playing with players that aren't nearly as good as who he was playing with last year. He legitimately has like 10 assists that never happened because of incredible feeds not being finished. Still can't believe Boyle didn't fvcking score there, just unreal.
  3. New York Mets 2017-18 offseason thread

Well Sandy did bring back A former Met today, inking Ty Kelly to a minor league deal. And we thought Lou was bad with bringing players back again and again.
  4. GDT: Red Wings @ Devils 7:00PM

Well since we're talking about Zacha and his draft. So he was picked #6. From that draft he's now 11th in game played. 17th in goals. 11th in assists. 13th in points. So i wouldnt really call him a bust. Also it's important to take a step back and realize that the guy leading the league in points at the moment, at 20 years old played a chunk of the season in the AHL and played his first NHL season. At the same age Zacha already had a full season under his belt. Obviously Kucherov was a 2nd round pick but the fact remains that he developed into quite a player since then.
  5. GDT: Red Wings @ Devils 7:00PM

In two more months I’ll just say “he’s fvcking 21”, because unless I missed something he’s still nearly 2 presidential terms away from entering his prime.
  6. GDT: Red Wings @ Devils 7:00PM

Did you just end a post on a message board with hashtag FU? That’s not even how hashtags work. That’s not how any of this works! Joking. Obviously if I can go back in time I take other players. But if we’re allowed to make moves in hindsight I’m pretty pissed we landed Trevor Kidd after Brodeur was retroactively drafted by the Flames and now our team is located in Nashville. Damn. My point is that Zacha is the forum whipping boy. Night in and night out. Power forwards take longer to develop unless they’re generational (spoiler alert: Zacha is not generational) and of ALL the people to be getting criticism tonight, I think it’s ridiculous that were back to the Pavel discussion. Nobody wants to talk about how terrifying it is that Hall misses a game and it becomes glaringly obvious that Kyle Palmieri is a 3rd line player and Marcus Johansson is now increasingly becoming less relevant to the Devils than he was last year? Or how about how the captain of our team is the 8th best defenseman in the system but can’t be scratched because he’s the captain. Or maybe how Schneider hasn’t stolen a single game for us in forever, and continues a streak of 3+ given up in a game since... before Christmas? But no, let’s all pile on Zacha for not being Barzal and playing on a line with one of the five best players in the world. Because fvck it, 20 years old and he’s probably a bust.
  7. GDT: Red Wings @ Devils 7:00PM

Then we can move to he needs to play on the top line because well, I guess he's earned it??
  8. GDT: Red Wings @ Devils 7:00PM

2 more months until the can’t buy a beer excuse expires...
  9. GDT: Red Wings @ Devils 7:00PM

Funny the guy picked 28th and who I believe is the same age just scored his 20th of the season. His numbers are weak, spin it anyway you want it take a look at that draft in the first round and he's hardly worthy of the 6th pick. Oh and for the most part their all pretty close in age. #FU
  10. GDT: Red Wings @ Devils 7:00PM

Well it's 19 almost everywhere in Canada but Alberta, Manitoba & Quebec it's 18. Was great when we'd go on road trips to Quebec at age 18 and be able to buy booze for the first time haha
  11. GDT: Red Wings @ Devils 7:00PM

Where are those meds of yours? i didn't see anyone in this thread say he's a definite bust btw
  12. GDT: Red Wings @ Devils 7:00PM

Thought it was 19 up there? At least it is in Ontario
  13. GDT: Red Wings @ Devils 7:00PM

Well this is technical cause in Canada you can buy beer at 18 years old.
  14. GDT: Red Wings @ Devils 7:00PM

PAVEL ZACHA ISNT YET OLD ENOUGH TO BUY BEER YOU STUPID FVCKING FVCKS. Will he be a bust? MAYBE. Will you be able to tell that before the legal age to buy bud light? NO. YOU. FVCKING. CANT. SH!T.
  15. GDT: Red Wings @ Devils 7:00PM

I don't think he will ever be a totally fluid player which is why he won't be a top scorer - that and I think he struggles to read the play away from the puck - but the idea that he 'sucked again tonight' is ridiculous.
  16. Almost everyone on this board who ever talks about this stuff knows this, and the ones who don't will not be convinced.
  17. GDT: Red Wings @ Devils 7:00PM

No Bergfors put up some numbers in his limited games.
  18. GDT: Red Wings @ Devils 7:00PM

Zacha sucked again tonight. The problem with him is he doesn't have a high hockey IQ. He's constantly reading plays in slow motion.
  19. GDT: Red Wings @ Devils 7:00PM

I have absolutely no idea what this means. Bergfors played half a season for the Devils when he was 22 and scored a fair number of goals in that time.
  20. GDT: Red Wings @ Devils 7:00PM

Is Zacha reaching Bergfors territory yet?
  21. GDT: Red Wings @ Devils 7:00PM

This. It's no longer his first.rodeo.
  22. GDT: Red Wings @ Devils 7:00PM

I agree with all of this. This would be another story if Zacha was playing poorly and not producing. It would be more of a red flag if he was still playing like he was a few months back. I also think this is where a lot of the frustration comes from. Watching talent that isn't converting draws a lot more attention than watching passengers not produce. I think it's silly that everyone chose tonight to hate on Zacha, since he played well enough to be promoted to the second line. And before tonight's game, Hynes had been putting more and more trust in him. You could argue that every other forward did less than Zacha tonight. Makes no sense for him to be the scapegoat when not a single player stepped up. Where was Palmieri, MoJo, Zajac, Boyle tonight? But here we are, blaming Conte for picking a player who hasn't produced much yet, after a year and a half in the NHL. Anyway, you aren't going to get far trying to convince Daniel that Zacha has some upside, since he believes Pavel to be worse than Lawson "okay AHLer" Crouse.
  23. GDT: Red Wings @ Devils 7:00PM

I don't know why tonight is the night for the Zacha conversation. It's easily one of the best games he's played as a Devil in terms of entering the zone with speed, not being deferential, forcing defenders into tough positions, and being noticed out on the ice. Did he score? No, and he hasn't scored in a while, but he's getting shots, and he has a good shot, so I think that will come soon. But I thought he was probably the best forward for the Devils tonight. Him and Coleman had that great sequence on the PK where they wasted the Wings' time and then Zacha set up Vatanen with a decent opportunity from the point but he thought better of it (perhaps because he knew if he missed the net he would trap everyone but himself). I don't think Zacha is a future star or anything close but he can have a fine career as a top 9 forward. Devils came out flat in the 1st when they shouldn't've and they sagged in the 3rd a bit in a way that resembled some bad Devils teams of recent vintage, but their PP did everything besides score. There's a few too many passengers on the team when someone like Hall is out - Hayes, Stafford, and Boyle all need carrying and Zajac probably does too.
  24. GDT: Red Wings @ Devils 7:00PM

Almost all losses like this had the same scenario - you struggle (often outscoring the other team) and they have no problem putting pucks in your net. No matter what the players say after such games they all know that.
  25. GDT: Red Wings @ Devils 7:00PM

Maybe next year he can play with Boqvist or Zetterlund. Seems he plays well with other Swedes.
  26. GDT: Red Wings @ Devils 7:00PM

Would of been more fun game and a nice marketing gimmick, if Detroit started Chili vs. Devs Appleby. "Appleby's vs. Chili's ...your neighborhood goalie battle" As usual, Zajac and Hayes: hands of bricks or cinderblocks take your pick, guess it goes with the horrendous team passing tonight Hischier looked exhausted/worn-out, time to crack out the 3D/VR setup out and COACH changes appropriately or give the kid a rest. Has Vatanen contacted his stick manufacturer for failure analysis to why all his sticks keep breaking like potato chips? Old guys need their ice time reduced, the Defense or lack of it, not going to be fixed until draft-trade dates, cuz this setup does not work right, Hynes/Shero?
  1. Load more activity