All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

I am a shutdown D-man for the Coyotes. In other words I will have a miserable career.
  3. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Luongo lmfao: https://mobile.twitter.com/strombone1/status/953700667625033728?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%23953700667625033728 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Here's something that's fun- I'm a goon for the Habs [emoji23]: https://mobile.twitter.com/hockeycentrai/status/953509842701844480. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. What would you trade for Taylor Hall?

Well the problem was that the media were saying he was the next Lidstrom or that he was that kind of player. That's what was fed to us going into the draft. I remember at the draft every player had a quick write up about potential and all and i remember being incredibly shocked that his comparable was Sami Salo. I remember feeling the let down of expectations right there. and he doesnt even have the canon Salo had And well, THAT was quite accurate to be honest. But I agree that for a 4th overall a Larsson kind of player is not what you want.
  6. What would you trade for Taylor Hall?

That's true. I didn't necessarily just the players needed a change of scenery, but the teams as well. We clearly were starved for offense, so although Larsson was starting to look like he was blossoming, it still made sense for us to do it.
  7. GDT: Caps @ Devils 7:00 PM

After having a sleep on it, man am I still thrilled about the result from last night. Regardless of what lineup they fielded, we beat one of the perennially better teams in the conference. That should be a huge confidence booster. We may have given up 2 straight goals after Greene pulled the rabbit out of his ass but they still didn't quit. I felt after the Connelly equalizer, they actually started to push the flow of play back in the right direction. I'd love for them to not need that kind of kick in the ass to do it, but coming off the rough patch that they had, it was a good response and a much deserved win. Back to Greene: Last night was, in my humble opinion, was his best game of the season. He was skating hard, joining the rush, making the smart passes, and got rewarded for his effort with his 3rd tally of the season. if he keeps that kind of effort up, the defense will pick back up to the quality it was earlier this season, and should help our goalies as well. Onto Philly, the city known for honoring a fictional character more than any other person who actually lived there.
  8. 2017 Miami Dolphins thread

He clarified on twitter that he used those terms in reference to Kenny Stills who's also an OU alumni. That said, I know nothing about evaluating football prospects, and can only go on what those draft experts say. It sounds like though that he's not really a sure thing. We've got a pretty good quarterback as is, and we're seeing that we might be passed the age of needing a star quarterback to win.
  9. What would you trade for Taylor Hall?

I basically see it as taking a slightly better version of Bryce Salvador at number 4. Games played isn't necessarily everything but I get your point. Plenty of other first rounders never made it at all.
  10. What would you trade for Taylor Hall?

I was definitely in the minority "not as lopsided as it looks, but still in favor of it" crowd at the time, but most did not find it equal...I think almost everyone was shocked that Hall was obtained for Larsson only. Larsson didn't need a change of scenery...he was coming off his best full season when he was dealt...if anything, it felt like he was really coming into his own after some starts and stops. But Hall might've needed one. As long as he remains healthy, he should have a long and solid career (probably well over 1000 GP), so I can't call him a borderline bust. But I think people overestimated his upside...some had him possibly going #1 in his draft...I remember many of us being excited that he fell to the Devils at #4.
  11. What would you trade for Taylor Hall?

Wasn't this after the fact to try and justify the trade? I guess they were looking to make McDavid unquestionably the leader of the team but I still don't remember any sour grapes until after the trade. Kinda Tyler Seguin-ish. I think Chia is just a buffoon and gets stuck trying to justify his terrible trades after the fact. Also, wasn't the Hall-Draisatl combo absolutely dominating his last year in Edmonton? It's crazy how badly they've f'ed things up in Edmonton. It reminds me of the 90's Islanders where if they had just picked the highest rated draft prospect on not gotten fancy with Milbury's stupid trades they would have had a core of Chara, Luongo, Spezza, Bertuzzi, Ollie Jokenin, and Dany heatley or something like that. Instead they basically had Rick DiPietro and Alexi Yashin. Edmonton could easily be sitting on McDavid, Hall, Drai, Barzal, RNH and Eberle as a top 6.
  12. What would you trade for Taylor Hall?

c'mon folks let's get back on topic here: what would you trade for Taylor Hall? I would trade my fiancé, my car, my career, my parents, and my dignity for Taylor Hall fortunately it only took a borderline draft bust instead (don't really think Larsson fits the mold of what a #4 OVR should become in today's NHL)
  13. What would you trade for Taylor Hall?

It seems like a lopsided trade now, but to be fair, some people thrive in different settings. At the time, everyone was saying that us and Edmonton both needed a shake up, and those guys Hall and Larsson needed a change of scenery, so that could account for some of it. I don't pay enough attention to Edmonton or Larsson to know how he's been doing lately and if their fans view the trade as lopsided as we do, but it's easy to look back now and see it as such a fleece job. At the time though, the vast majority of us thought it was fairly equal
  14. What would you trade for Taylor Hall?

They badmouthed Hall out the door as well which I thought was kind of low for Edmonton. The relationship with the franchise was poisoned and they absolutely had to move him that summer. I wonder if that's part of why the price was so reasonable for him, maybe around the league he was starting to be known as a malcontent.
  15. Today
  16. What would you trade for Taylor Hall?

Goaltending has also taken a big dip this year for them. They have a team save% of .900 this year. Last season it was .917.
  17. What would you trade for Taylor Hall?

I've heard Jeff Marek say on multiple occasions that when he first heard "Hall for Larsson" that he just assumed that it meant OEL in Arizona.
  18. What would you trade for Taylor Hall?

I did not know that about him, though I do remember some questioning his dedication. Again, one of those situations where if it had been better (maybe having some people willing to kick his ass a bit), it could've turned out a little differently. BUT, plenty of guys who don't ever figure it out at the top level of ALL professional sports. Some guys get drafted by sh!tty franchises and still find a way to be that key first piece to a rebuild, even with everything initially stacked against them. No excuses for Falloon.
  19. What would you trade for Taylor Hall?

Probably because Connor McDavid single-handedly carried them to the playoffs last year. Things aren’t going so well up there this season though...
  20. 2017 Miami Dolphins thread

So Baker Mayfield and "#GetMeToMiami" On the plus side, here's a guy who wants to play in Miami. He's got at least NFL-caliber potential and he's a fiery player who clearly cares about winning football and his team. On the minus side, he's a bit immature and I wonder if he wants Miami for the relaxation factor and not the football factor. The Dolphins have basically said they'll take best player available at #11. Thoughts on potentially drafting Mayfield at #11? Will he fall that far? Will Miami trade up for him?
  21. What would you trade for Taylor Hall?

He also didn't do himself any favors by not being in game shape for a good chunk of that ("Fat Balloon"). Terrible. I threw it into my fireplace:)
  22. GDT: Caps @ Devils 7:00 PM

That's really awesome to hear! Always great to hear a happy ending after a long stretch of going through some really tough times.
  23. What would you trade for Taylor Hall?

I can't believe we only gave up Lars to get Hall. How does Chiarelli still have a job?
  24. What would you trade for Taylor Hall?

It's been discussed, but Toronto made some desperation deals to avoid finishing with the worst record overall, so that they were spared the embarrassment of watching the Devils select Lindros. I remember Falloon being the consensus #2 behind Lindros on just about everyone's board...one of those guys who you wonder about, with regards to what he might have done had he been in a better situation...almost like David Carr with the Houston Texans. Seems like SJ was going to throw him out there no matter what, and when you look at his first five NHL seasons, they really weren't THAT bad, considering the circumstances (even though those numbers were obviously less impressive back then). Just makes me wonder if he could've fared better on a non-expansion team...his second-year Sharks team lost 71 games.
  25. What would you trade for Taylor Hall?

Damn, I had only joined this forum a few months before this discussion got going, so apparently I never weighed in on this topic. I wish I had, because I'm curious what I would've said. At the time, I think I probably would've been intrigued at the idea of getting him, but I probably would have been of the mindset that we didn't have much to offer them - at least nothing that they'd be interested in. I think I would've been open to dealing almost anyone, because at the time, although we all have our own sentimental favorites, we were pretty desperate for talent (and young talent at that), so almost no one was untouchable.
  26. GDT: Caps @ Devils 7:00 PM

Zacha has looked much better the last few weeks but last night I really though he was using his size more and winning board battles much better than we've seen. Hopefully he starts consistently getting on the score sheet soon but regardless, he does seem to be making significant progress. I'm also ready to see him on the PP in place of Zajac now that he's winning faceoffs.
  27. What would you trade for Taylor Hall?

It was a bit of a gamble though at the time as SJ could have taken Niedermayer and we could have picked Pat Falloon, who was coveted by just about every team out there. Glad it worked out for us though:)
  1. Load more activity