All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. GDT: Boston @ NJ Devils 7 PM

These are all unblocked shots.
  3. Find the dumb GM - Marc Bergevin edition

In your mind he still is what he was 5 years ago and in my mind he isn't anymore. 2022 it drops to 3 million, from 2023 3 years at 1 million. And maybe they put in a loophole or do something in the next CBA to help teams get out from these contracts somehow, but I don't like to bet on those things. He certainly won't retire - 1m per year won't make a difference at that point to him but why walk away from it if you don't have to? IF he retires teams will be on the hook for cap recapture and if he ever wants to work in the league I can't imagine that'll help his reputation around the league. He might get a Hossa-like injury, but even then he only goes on LTIR, which isn't without its problems. If NJ ever becomes a high payroll team it'll be very difficult with a non-playing Weber on the books. For starters they can't go above the cap in the summer by more than 10%, Weber's deal included and by day 1 of the season they have to be below the cap with his salary included before putting him on LTIR. If this team was where I think it can be in 2020, which is a team capable of winning playoff rounds, then yeah, I could see swinging for the fences and making a trade for Weber. But where they are now, I'm not so sure I like the deal. And that's before even discussing the potential cost of getting him.
  4. Today
  5. NJDevs '17-18 Fantasy Hockey

I just need to let Bob stay in ne and not worry about goalie games played... every time I play someone else it messes it up later (like I inadvertently played Elliott tonight instead of Bob) and lost a vital shutout.
  6. GDT: Boston @ NJ Devils 7 PM

I like your optimism. It's hard not to see good things. And Trust me I do. But if you really believe they'll be able to stay on top of our division with the way they are playing now then you are a super optimist. Speaking of the playoffs, they should be able to make it if...they significantly improve. Don't judge by 20+ games. It's a long season. Let's wait for a first stretch of divisional games.
  7. GDT: Boston @ NJ Devils 7 PM

Crazy game to be at. Bruins fans were only moderately annoying. Definitely got our money's worth out of those free tickets. Lots of extra hockey.
  8. GDT: Boston @ NJ Devils 7 PM

I love how people on here thought that like last season we wouldn’t be good and exciting to watch, and now that we are and are playing well generally and getting points and good offensive production, they say we’ll start falling in the standings. If we end up making the playoffs, they’ll say : “they’ll get killed in the first round”
  9. GDT: Boston @ NJ Devils 7 PM

Good choices
  10. GDT: Boston @ NJ Devils 7 PM

Agree, but Bruins looked much more confident. Our guys except Hall were awful.
  11. GDT: Boston @ NJ Devils 7 PM

Yup, these wristers annoy the hell out of me too. Now slap shots at all. No slap shots
  12. GDT: Boston @ NJ Devils 7 PM

IDK about positives, I love our young guys, but get ready for a nose dive down the standings. GA come from constant defensive breakdowns. Scoring reminds more and more of the past few years when every goalie looked like a hall of famer. I lost count of how many times they failed to score simply because they f...g lost control of the puck. Henrique used to be a clutch scorer. WTF happened to him? I'm not expecting this team to be stellar, but they certainly have the potential to play better and not suck on home ice. And Hynes with his choice of shooters (Boyle, Severson) must be out of his skull.
  13. GDT: Boston @ NJ Devils 7 PM

Yes hope the little one is feeling better !
  14. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Unreal
  15. MLB 2017-8 Offseason

Well ONE of the guys they lost (Maitan) was young but highly regarded, the others were still crapshoots at this point but yeah this is hefty, losing all the future bonus pool money hurts about as much as losing all the prospects they already had - albeit they had them through ill-gotten means. Apparently the Braves were (among other things) cooking the books, signing older IFA's for more money they never got that got funneled under the table to prospects via an agent who represented both trying to get around the bonus caps for prospect IFA signings - it's a bunch of stuff like that. I can't even really explain it that well but certainly it seems like this idiot who lost his job forever had a bad reputation in baseball circles as it was and this clearly wasn't hidden very well for baseball to get such ironclad proof of so much wrongdoing.
  16. GDT: Boston @ NJ Devils 7 PM

I agree - there weren't enough screens on the Henrique breakaway or the Coleman breakaway. So yeah, you've successfully shifted the goalposts. This is where I leave you.
  17. GDT: Boston @ NJ Devils 7 PM

Hope she’s feeling better.
  18. NFL Week 12

Ostensibly they've been trying to sign him for weeks but he only agreed now. Figures he wanted to be sure he'd be able to play the Jets
  19. GDT: Boston @ NJ Devils 7 PM

Well all those little diamonds don't reflect shot blockers and lack of screens. Banging a puck one foot from a goalies pad can't be considered high quality either
  20. GDT: Boston @ NJ Devils 7 PM

I think it was 30 to 20 on scoring chances, For the Dev's..... Gotta convert
  21. GDT: Boston @ NJ Devils 7 PM

Henrique had a breakaway. Coleman had a breakaway. Hischier had an open net that he couldn't convert on. He also had a pretty open chance 1 on the goalie with some backpressure. http://hockeystats.ca/game/2017020322 Huh, look at all those little diamonds clustered around the net.
  22. GDT: Boston @ NJ Devils 7 PM

Haha Bass Ales and Crown is kicking in...........
  23. NFL Week 12

If that doesn't reek of desperation, then I don't know what does. If 2017 Revis seems like an answer in any way, you probably asked the wrong question.
  24. GDT: Boston @ NJ Devils 7 PM

Again, the shot counter was generous and the shots were mostly low quality.
  25. GDT: Boston @ NJ Devils 7 PM

Good one, heh heh
  26. MLB 2017-8 Offseason

Very telling that the Braves accepted the harsh penalty with no attempt to appeal, nothing.
  27. GDT: Boston @ NJ Devils 7 PM

You and I saw different games. The Bruins were good at clearing out rebounds and Khudobin was great. The idea that there were too many one and done chances when the Devils forwards had 30 shots - not buying it.
  1. Load more activity