All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

yeah none of those guys would make it happen one for one though. I assume the asking price for him is pretty damn high
  3. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

i saw an interview with him where he actually addressed that. That he doesnt want his condition to weight at all in the coaches decisions. If they think he should be in he lineup he'll be there and that if he's not that he'll work harder to be there... or something along those lines... I do really really really like how Hynes has been running the team and it started from training camp. You can be anyone on the roster... you won't get any favour. And it truly looks like there's a very good communication with the players when it's happening. It's a lot better than Deboer strapping a rookie to the bench after a mistake while old over the hill vets would get away with murder 10 times per shifts and being left in the dark. That had to be frustrating
  4. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

None of those guys have 15 points. And three of those five I would trade for him straight up any day of the week.
  5. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

The NHL is a meritocracy. IF Brian Boyle plays like this for a while, his situation should have no bearing on whether or not he sees the ice. They're not just going to stop paying him.
  6. Today
  7. 2017-2018 Prospects Thread

In the regular season + playoffs in the OHL last season, McLeod put up 38 goals and 62 assists for 100 points in 77 GP, and is now the fourth-oldest player on his team...he'll be 20 on 2/3/2018. Sadly we're not going to learn a thing about McLeod this season...he's going to shred it in the O this year.
  8. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Oh I wasn't directing that to you in general, just basically saying a thought out loud and replied to your statement so people knew what I was talking about lol. I just find it interesting whenever I read articles like this that all the focus is the NHL failing its players, but not a single question about the NHLPA and its role in helping these players.
  9. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

I wasn't accusing either the NHL or NHLPA of anything...I was just posting the original article, in case anyone wanted to read that too.
  10. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

So if the NHL is not helping (supposedly), where is the NHLPA in this? Are they even lifting a finger to help out?
  11. Funding

DM - ads are gone for me now. thanks.
  12. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Kerfoot is also feasting off an unsustainable shooting% (33.3). In 16 out of 19 games he's been held to one shot or less. Not to say he won't be a good player for the Avs, but I wouldn't base any projections re: future production off what he's doing right now. His numbers are ripe for regression. But if one wants to take the viewpoint that this worked out like a Kerfoot-for-Butcher trade, then I'd say it was one that worked out for both teams. I think the Devils needed Butcher more than they needed Kerfoot. And Kerfoot is off to a nice start for the Avs, bloated numbers or not.
  13. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Not even trying to be biased, I'm not sure if Kerfoot makes the opening roster if he signed here. Not really bitter at all about him playing so well for Colorado, good on him for finding a place where he had a better opportunity to make an immediate impact, we got Butcher so all is well with the world, I'd rather have Will.
  14. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

When I saw the replay I immediately pulled out my phone and texted my brother "What the fvck was Boyle doing there?" Literally had the exact same reaction.
  15. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Yeah we don't even have room for Zacha**, Quenneville, McLeod, Lappin, Blandisi etc etc with a full lineup ** kind of
  16. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Really had no room for Kerfoot.
  17. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

Very cornerback-like in technique, gotta use the back of the hand to stay in contact..drive the hip with the forearm
  18. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

And 8 feet above him! 1. He never did, honestly. That's been the type of player he has always been, he was just forced into a different role by lack of options. 2. He could be healthy scratched a bit right now for Hayes. When Johansson comes back, he would almost have to be the odd man out. 3. If there is anywhere on the ice a slow behemoth like Boyle should not stand, its that exact spot where he was standing. 4. He is exciting, but he also seems to not understand that he can't just wrap his arm around a guy without being penalized for it. He did that twice in last night's game and I was annoyed both times because I knew he was going to do it, I saw it coming and he did exactly as I thought.
  19. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

I would have liked them both.
  20. 2017-2018 Prospects Thread

He has until his senior year to sign, so we have his right for a minimum of 4 years after this year
  21. WTF does Yahoo have against me?
  22. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

I'm a lawyer that's done personal injury cases on both defendants' and plaintiffs' side. All I'll say is that when things look open and shut in press accounts, they're often incomplete to the point of being misleading. In many recent stories about concussions in the NFL or NHL, the stories in the press quote plaintiffs' experts uncritically and without even addressing whether the expert is being paid.
  23. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

From 6/1/2016...Branch's original story on Peat: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/02/sports/hockey/stephen-peat-nhl-enforcer-concussions-cte-health.html
  24. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

John Branch, a sports reporter at The New York Times, has been in sporadic contact via text messaging and email with Walter Peat since writing about him and his son Stephen, a former N.H.L. player. Sad story. The NHL is not looking good here
  25. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

Agreed. Zajac I'll cut some slack for now - hopefully meshes better into the system once he gets his full game back. Boyle... I just don't know. He looks so.. slow..
  26. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

So people are starting to question whether Patrick was deserving of the #2 overall - it's obviously very, very early but it's nice to see people respecting Nico as the bonafide #1 pick in this past draft. If we had gone Patrick... oh man how miserable would we all be right now?
  27. 2017-2018 Prospects Thread

Aarne Talvitie signed with Penn State. So does he go on the usual college timeline in that he has until after his senior year to sign, or is it all based on age?
  1. Load more activity