All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Funding

I did about 10 minutes ago. No biggie. I refreshed and no more
  3. Funding

Is anyone still getting the questionable ads? The media group says they took them out.
  4. Funding

Thanks for the donations and I have already seen an increase in the ads served. For those who donated I will move you to the "contributors group" that doesn't see ads.
  5. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

Better a Western Conference team.........
  6. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

Since his draft day I've felt we should have taken Provorov. Oh, well
  7. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

The point was that I dont think he is playing any worse than half the players on the roster, so why is he being singled out.. Id much rather have him on the ice over boyle ... by a mile or do you think boyle is better???
  8. Funding

You're welcome!! (I had a weak month) I've done a ton on Amazon and even have my family making sure they click on the link. Every penny counts and I use it for small and large purchases
  9. Funding

Oh this is great. I never remember to use the amazon link when I shop there. I hate that I don't because I do shop on Amazon a fair bit.
  10. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

That would absolutely help our back end. Butcher, Santini, Severson, Carlson is a pretty good top 4 imo. What kind of contract would you be willing to give? I'd be satisfied with a 6 yr./39-42 mil (6.5 or 7 mil/per), which is what I think we'll have to throw if we want to have him, if not more $. What about Jack Johnson?
  11. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

Don't matter if you got a nice set of tools or an ugly set of tools, it's about what you build with it.
  12. BEER

The latest craft beer trend or craze is heading in that direction (might already be there actually). Wild yeast is big and there is a nano-brewery in NJ (Pennington I believe) that opened or is about to open that specializes in beer made with wild yeast. I really have to be in the mood for them as like you said they all have a pretty sour taste to them and I am not a huge fan of the sours.
  13. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

No doubt he hasn't played up to his potential, but I think it is not so easy to evaluate a player on his first game back on 9 minutes of play. That said I don't think that line in total got a lot of minutes.
  14. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

Yeah, to an extent, they've overachieved...not by a ton (they were really impressive at the beginning of the season...it's become tougher lately), but they have. Though I look at the roster and don't think it was ever supposed to be about 2017-18, I like that the organization is raising expectations of its players...it would've been easy to just say "We gotta keep putting Zacha out there and let him learn through playing." There's increased accountability this season, and that's a good thing that will help everyone going forward...the Devils are clearly not interested in taking too many lumps and punting away this season. I think the "expendability" of younger players will come later...as in next season and beyond. I think the Devils would like McLeod to get another full training camp and some time with the big club for a while. They're clearly not sold on Zacha just yet, but he's only 20 and hasn't had that much NHL experience. If all goes according to plan, I agree, obviously there isn't going to be room for everyone, and the Devils have needs elsewhere for sure, so someone will have to go. For some reason I don't think Q has a much of a future here...just a hunch. And yeah, I think if Carlson ever makes it to UFA, the Devils will absolutely be all-in on him. Just makes too much sense.
  15. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

Love your avatar man
  16. Today
  17. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

I was going to say the same thing. Looking at the standings, even though we're winning at a nice pace, there's still not much of a gap between us and the teams barely out of the wildcard spots. It's going to be a tall order to ask the guys to play like this all season long since they're quite young and haven't played together very long, but I like the way it's started and I think they have it in them. On another note, really happy for Henrique to see him bounce back quickly and have a solid night, and also VERY pleased with the way he handled his scrap with whoever that fool was on Minnesota whacking away at Schneider. You could tell he was taking his frustration out on him, because I don't think the guy on the Wild even connected with Schneider's pads when he was trying to hit the puck lol. I'll take it though. Looks like the attempt to light a fire in Henrique clearly worked. He also showed some amazing patience with the puck on that drive to the net for the OT winner. Great vision to catch a streaking Moore as the 3rd man in -- the Minnesota d-men were focused on whoever the other guy was on the rink for us that was already in the slot. And of course, major kudos to Moore for coming through in the clutch -- great job jumping into the play and committing to the rush, showing no fear of being the last man back and potentially giving up an opportunity the other way.
  18. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

I don't get what people expected with Zacha. He just made it back into the lineup after siting for 4 of 5. Did you think they were going to bring him back into the lineup and give him a ton of minutes? He has to earn his way back to that, as well he should.
  19. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

Big game for him, like he had read this board and he was saying "I'm not invisible, look at this ridiculous fvcking mustache!!"
  20. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

What's very very encouraging to this point (and we ALL know that we could go on a bad streak and still miss the playoffs) is that we've been doing really really really good with a team that technically shouldn't be doing this good at this point PLUS we're doing it through adversity... lots of key injuries on top guys, we're constantly shooting ourselves in the foot with our penalties, very young team with a very average D corp etc etc We certainly won games where we were not the best team but also lost games where we were the best team. always important to realize that results are not always the best indication of success So looking at that and realizing that once we have an healthy lineup and that our rookies get more experience under their belts, we "should" be doing even better. Look at Keller right now, he was not even in the league last year so if it can be any indication of how strong Nico could come out next season, it's very exciting. Plus having so many young guys filling key roles makes a lot of our younger players "expendable" in terms of possibly turning them into assets. At this point Zacha, McLeod, Quenneville could totally be thrown in a package to get a solid D-man that we obviously need. I'd throw any of them in to get Ekman-Larsson (rumours going around right now of the Leafs going after him willing to trade Nylander) On top of that we have the cap space to make a splash signing someone in the summer like Carlson or De Haan. We're in really really good shape going forward, dear god sweet baby jesus it's exciting.
  21. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

zacha doesnt play poorly. he has too good a skill set to do that.. hes being graded on a different scale.. fair or not
  22. NJDevs '17-18 Fantasy Hockey

I’ve had some crazy swings +/-10 or more... hopefully it swings back for you.
  23. NFL Week 11

I was in elementary school in the 80s and we probably had a police officer come in every year to give a presentation on always wearing a seatbelt. My mother, thankfully, was a real nazi when it came to it. And, the news says Glenn was ejected from the car, so it's a certainty he wasn't wearing his seatbelt.
  24. NJDevs '17-18 Fantasy Hockey

I did not even realize there were drat picks attached to the trade, now it makes more sense... it is crazy early to be planning for next year... Anyway the past 3 days have been deadly, I think my team has been -23 combined over those days!!
  25. NFL Week 11

In the 70s (I was born in 1970), there was definitely more of a "optional" vibe to buckling up...it's just the way things were...it was even like that in the 80s and 90s, though less so. Not anymore, and that's a GOOD thing. I can't picture NOT wearing one now.
  26. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

Devils are 12-5-3 at the quarter mark, on pace for about 111 points. No, I don't see them getting there. But at least 90+ feels like it's doable, as long as they don't suffer too many injuries, and can improve in their own end. Devils are 3-3-3 in their last nine...doesn't sound impressive, but they weren't going to keep up the pace they were on earlier, and it's not like they've been playing a lot of slouches lately. It hasn't always been pretty (they've been outshot 357-308 in these nine games), and at times they've looked borderline helpless, but they've found ways to hold their own. Hope they can come up with 5 or 6 points in their next four games...they have a three-game road trip to start December, but from 12/15 - 12/29, they have a six-game homestand, their longest of the season. Would love to see them come away with 13 or 14 points in their next 11 before that stand...after that stand is over, Devils will play 22 out of 37 games on the road. If at all possible, it'd be nice to have banked some points before that stretch.
  27. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

Probably because Zacha had the lowest TOI of the whole team. I didnt think he played poorly with the time given him.
  1. Load more activity