All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. The thing about him is as much as he was blasted on here (and even though the Devils do little to make life easy for their goalies, he obviously wasn't great by any stretch), he's really only had one bad year, and his record itself this season somehow actually wasn't bad. He could rebound and be the middle-of-the-road guy to slightly above that he was prior. But even though it was a brief stay, it was already time for both parties to move on from each other. The potential for a serious blow-up had Fitz decided to bet on a bounceback was just waaaaaaay too strong. One narrative that needs to be quelled is that somehow a tandem of Allen and Kahkonen would've had the Devils in the playoffs, had they been here longer. These guys are absolutely playing out of their minds right now...and over their heads. It would be nice if the Devils could stop making them work so damned hard, but unless that happens, they're going to start giving up their fair share of goals. The looks that other teams get...
  3. Sometimes you just need a fresh start; hope Vitek does well out there.
  4. Best of luck to him. I am sure he was not having the best time mentally either.
  5. https://newjerseyhockeynow.com/2024/03/28/former-devils-goaltender-ready-to-move-on-vitek-vanecek-tom-fitzgerald-kaapo-kahkonen-mackenzie-blackwood/?fbclid=IwAR1a3GUK-3ue0LCAOEi6rOScG72aBlfhlrSdvosl5WvtSRjffBlBXgIpHsA_aem_AW5IT_fPYeK1PDDmS0LZrYSxFE7tdDiQBiRo-RyCjcSHiR1q4avv2QYZFResf21wowM
  6. More like the funny bone, but only without the funny.
  7. Yeah I'd MUCH rather see what Hatakka's got. I already know what Smith's got, and not much of it is worth watching.
  8. At last, this afternoon’s lineup. 2B - Torres RF - Soto CF - Judge DH - Stanton 1B - Rizzo SS - Volpe LF - Verdugo C - Treviño 3B - Cabrera
  9. This post more or less mirrors my feelings. If the Devils are not going to make the playoffs, they should at least use the remaining time to evaluate young players to figure out if they fit into the team’s plans for next season. Smith isn’t going to be here, but Hatakka might be, so why not pair him with Nemec and send Smith home? The Devils can survive 2 1/2 weeks without his locker room presence.
  10. Just so everyone is aware, Satan was quoting an old topic, nothing has changed!
  11. Thanks for all the hard work and dedication @DevilMinder it's greatly appreciated.
  12. I'm not surprised why Smith is playing ("veteran presence", "locker room guy", blah blah blah) but it's unfortunate Hatakka can't get an extended look in place of him. Smith is gone after this season while Hatakka is still just 23 and a pending RFA. The Devils have outscored teams 11-6 with him on the ice at five-on-five (and are in the plus for other metrics like expected goals and high danger shot attempts).
  13. Thanks for the Effing heart attack SH...lol
  14. Lets be real, Marty had absolutely nothing to do with the 3rd jersey, the team used him as a marketing tool with that nonsense. Business wise those jerseys have sold though so while people may not like them they definitely weren't a failure in terms of selling.
  15. The days of the workhorse #1 might be long gone, but he’s right about how volatile the position is now. You can count on one hand how many guys teams would be comfortable paying big money/term to.
  16. If you look at the postgame performance breakdown that @Nicomo shares, Nemec’s recent struggles started the moment he was paired with Smith. [sarcasm]It’s as if requiring a 20-year-old rookie to do the work of two people is asking too much.[/sarcasm]
  17. Yeah… Marty can stop. Game has changed significantly. Even he couldn’t keep up (yes age was a huge factor). He was also a freak in net so it was a massive help. on the flip side, Marty the executive hasn’t exactly been nailing it. His obsession with Rogalski giving that useless turd what appears to be immunity AND botching the easiest third jersey design ever are two massive fouls against him in my eyes. That’s not even approaching his personal life, which is none of my business.
  18. These big brained coaches who think that they can force things because they “know more than the average person” will cost our team if Fitz doesn’t nail this hire. exhibit a: Timo has been on absolute fire since our coaches took the leash off of him and let him play his game. fitz brought guys in for specific purposes, and it would behove a wise person to use them for their strengths. and as for Smith… just 9 more games, 9. More. Games. Of that a$$hole
  19. Yeah guys like Jack and Nico are not the problem here. Coaches who insist on not only on keeping Smith in the lineup but make sure to stick him with Nemec to boot…THAT’S a fvcking problem.
  20. Jack has 8 points in his last 5 games, 19 points in his last 15 games. Overall, his PPG pace (1.25) is nearly identical to last season (1.27), granted his even strength production has been down. Still, pretty impressive when it's pretty clear he's playing banged up.
  21. I figured it out, the blue button next to start new topic needed to be clicked to the left not the right. I guess I accidentally clicked it at some point and didn't even realize it. That's my bad lol
  22. Try switching to night mode. Mine doesn’t look like that.
  23. I'm on mobile too, this is what I'm seeing...
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.