All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. GDT: Devils @ Winnipeg 3:00 PM

I have a feeling Palmeri is going to go on a nice scoring streak, soon....he needs to be the finisher
  3. GDT: Devils @ Winnipeg 3:00 PM

We did between 2005 - 2014 with previous management. No thanks.
  4. Funding

What about donations?
  5. GDT: Devils @ Winnipeg 3:00 PM

Someone actually posted this to Amanda Stein yesterday, and they were 100% serious.
  6. GDT: Devils @ Winnipeg 3:00 PM

We've had issues since Zajac returned. It's his fault
  7. GDT: Devils @ Winnipeg 3:00 PM

It's also that the top line isn't scoring, but I don't think that's because they're not getting enough chances. They're just not capitalizing on the chances they're getting.
  8. GDT: Devils @ Winnipeg 3:00 PM

Maybe we should get rid of all of this youth and get big, slow players that wouldn’t make any other team’s roster!
  9. GDT: Devils @ Winnipeg 3:00 PM

Good point, I know you aren't a +- guy but the fact is that over the last 8 games our top lines are being out scored. By a good margin.. we possess the puck well but the other teams come down on us and score. OK, Yes, its more on the D and strategy..so point taken marcus needs to come back and add a talented forward to those 2 and 3 lines.. Zacha needs to step up..as well
  10. GDT: Devils @ Winnipeg 3:00 PM

We've got a week defense and an average goaltender. We've been giving up a bunch of goals this season and have still, luckily, been able to win. The thing that worries me is that we're likely to see more of the 5-2 games than not. I don't think this team can keep scoring 4, 5, 6 goals per game. The Devils, as usual, will go through a team wide scoring drought as they inevitably do.
  11. Funding

Hi all, I was prompted to look through the financials of NJDevs because JimmyLeeds asked how the amazon funds were after using the referral link. The picture wasn't as rosy as I thought as the last couple of months I got hit for shortfalls for hosting fees. It appears that although traffic is up almost 25% from last year the ad displays are down 35% and the referral bounties have dwindled to a few uses a month ($3 so far this month.) So the short of it, can I ask you all to white-list this site from any ad blockers you have and remember to use the amazon referral link when shopping there? Thanks again everyone as we enjoy the resurgent Devils! Brad "DM" Smith
  12. GDT: Devils @ Winnipeg 3:00 PM

Winnipeg had no answer for them; Hall had 7 shots, Nico 6. They finally got one goal late but they got a ton of chances before that, especially when the game was close. 1st line is the last thing I'm worried about at the moment. It's those middle 2 that are an issue right now.
  13. GDT: Devils @ Winnipeg 3:00 PM

Our top lines are a big negative, hall , nico, stafford have almost no positive nights... the aggressive style has a tendency to catch our forwards too deep.. and transition goals allowed are mounting... we've been carried by the lower lines.. and our speedy dmen are on the tiny side.. so our play in front and behind our net is a disadvantage Our top players need to score more than they give up
  14. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Stop it you're making me cry.
  15. Gibbons emerges as a scoring threat

The fourth line has been great. They're not just riding a crazy shooting percentage without generating good looks. It'll obviously come down a bit in terms of goals scored but they can be the best offensive 4th line this team has had for years.
  16. GDT: Devils @ Winnipeg 3:00 PM

These aren't your older brothers Devils. Missed this one but these 4+ goals against are becoming too normal.
  17. GDT: Devils @ Winnipeg 3:00 PM

And it's why the Bruins have had our number as well.
  18. GDT: Devils @ Winnipeg 3:00 PM

A couple of quick breakdown, boom...game. Let's see the response against the Wild and get 2 points out of it. That will make this road trip a positive one. The NHL seems way more competitive this year across the board, and this was a tough gauntlet of a road trip. Chicago, Toronto, the Peg, and Monday will be a hot goalie in Minny. So let's hope the Devils come with a good response after this one. There were some positives tonight. I just see more structure to the overall game. Last year those blowout games that happened after Thanksgiving were brutal with the Devils being completely dominated in the run of play, and the odd man chances. This wasn't that type of loss. The quickness of those breakdowns really was demoralizing to watch as a fan. I guess it's a good reminder that if they aren't on their game at all times, things can sour in the blink of an eye.
  19. GDT: Devils @ Winnipeg 3:00 PM

Yet again, Henrique is missing for most of a game. Another big fat zero from him.
  20. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

It kind of sucks having to watch Barzal tear it up with the Islanders this season, after the Devils (and about 10 other teams) passed on him in the 2015 draft. I don't think many of us have given up on Zacha, and maybe he just needs more time than we expected, but the idea of having Barzal on this team is really awesome. I know a lot of posters on here were hoping for Barzal in that draft. It was no secret that he was a very talented player at the time. Imagine Barzal, Hischier, Zajac, and Boyle as the Devils' center depth. Hopefully Zacha soon becomes the player we were all hoping for when he was drafted! It really would make such a difference.
  21. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Auston Matthews scored two tonight in his return to the lineup....what were the hockey gods thinking giving him to Toronto?? Ugh.
  22. GDT: Devils @ Winnipeg 3:00 PM

Give me a couple more Santini's, Id be happy
  23. GDT: Devils @ Winnipeg 3:00 PM

Congrats to Butcher. Otherwise that was a giant steaming pile of Canadian moose dung.
  24. Only 6 years between posts lol

This thread feels like being in a coma and somehow being able to attend your highschool reunion party as some kind of... coma ghost. Yeah, that was weird.
  25. GDT: Devils @ Winnipeg 3:00 PM

Agreed. At least Palms and Hall are getting chances. Rico has been invisible.
  26. GDT: Devils @ Winnipeg 3:00 PM

Not sure where Henriques game is at the moment. He doesn't look like a player that could score twenty goals a season let alone thirty.
  1. Load more activity