All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. All purpose general trade speculation thread

If OEL is available, you have to be at that table. He's insanely talented. But I highly doubt Chayka trades OEL. It's unlikely NJ will be in on any of these players, but interesting to contemplate.
  3. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Kind of funny twitter account @IslesWhiteSuv which is a twitter feed of that hideous SUV you see above the Barclays Center ice.
  4. GDT: Devils @ Islanders 7:00 PM

He has one goal more than McDavid in 5 less games.
  5. GDT: Devils @ Islanders 7:00 PM

It's too bad he isn't a great finisher, Hall can generate chances as well as dam near anybody.
  6. 2017 JETS

And yes Shefter is saying Bates or Haley as his replacement.
  7. Tied for 3rd overall in save percentage for goalies with 200 games played. In the history of hockey. Small sample size, yes. But still, not so average.
  8. GAA is garbage and worth nothing when it comes to evaluating goalies. All it's doing is evaluating the team defense along with the save percentage. Is Schneider top 7? I can't say that he is, but it's also fatuous to think that he should be one of the 7 best goalies in the league because of that - Vasilevsky is not paid what he worth, and neither is Gibson. I think Schneider is still top 10 but there's a lot of hockey left to play this season. And yet Price's career save percentage is lower. Maybe the team a goalie is on has something to do with this kind of thing. I don't think Schneider has had a better career than Price, but I think they're pretty even, and let's see what happens when Montreal is terrible. It's a shame that the Devils and Canucks both wasted Schneider's prime.
  9. 2017 JETS

Very much against Morton getting fired. Thought he did a GREAT job considering the circumstances. And a dolt like Kacy Rodgers is still around. Of course. Also we have the weird situation with Bruce Arians who is rumored to be involved somehow with our 2018 training camp. I figured in some sort of consulting role like Tom Moore was years ago
  10. All purpose general trade speculation thread

And any argument lead by plus-minus is a poor one. Hell Severson nearly toon home Commie’s Green Jacket last year
  11. All purpose general trade speculation thread

One could argue it’s the best time to acquire them. Always buy low.
  12. You just don't like him, it's obvious. You never say a peep about this "average" crap unless he's in a slump.
  13. All purpose general trade speculation thread

I don't have much hunger to acquire any of these cept maybe Galchenyuk. I love who we have now, Love #23, #44, #40 we have a very good bottom 6.
  14. All purpose general trade speculation thread

OEL is a -40! The next minus guy is Petry (Habs) -22. I realize he's on crap team but cheeze, also Max Domi 3 goals in last 40 games. And one of those was an empty netter. I'm a lil scared of acquiring Yotes. They're shell-shocked. W/ D. Strome in the A. Doing Ok but had opportunities to stay. Still aint ready.
  15. 2017 JETS

Jets do wind up firing Morton lol, day after Haley gets canned by the Steelers and he has Bowles ties.
  16. Yesterday
  17. He's an average to slightly above average goalie.. idc what stats say, a post on the 1st page is dead on about shots a goalie face and how They re all counted the same, even though they're easy ones and very hard ones. Stats for a goalie don't tell the whole story. Price is much better then cory will ever be, he's actually clutch, and shows it time and time again (minus his slump he's in). Cory doesn't string enough of those games together to be considered top 7, yet alone elite.
  18. yeah as for stats I'll stick with the standard Sav% and GAA from places like espn and other places like that until one of the resident stat guru finds a way to twist the numbers. Bottom line, happy to have Cory as our goalie and he certainly is handicapped by a relatively weak defense (eye test) not gonna bother looking up numbers to back that up.
  19. I’ll let someone who’s better at stats deal with your first question. For your second question; not that I think this should be an end-all for the discussion but typically EASports will rate the players and the casual-and-above fans tend to agree with their ratings. They have Schneider as the 4th best goalie in this year’s game. https://www.easports.com/nhl/news/2017/nhl-18-player-ratings-top-10-goalies and if you don’t want to use that for any evidence I don’t blame you, but I’m an active poster on reddit r/hockey, which has fans of all teams, and it’s my opinion that the majority of those users (some 100k +) see Cory as a borderline top-5 and bonifide top-10 goalie.
  20. got it other than the part about the numbers not quite lining up. I like Cory but don't think he's a top 7 goalie. I would also highly doubt the majority of NHL fans comment as well, in many cases they will above anything else overate their own guy first before throwing Cory's name out there. He's 23rd in SAV% and 29th in goals allowed. You could probably pull some other guys out based on games played but nowhere near enough to be 7th. He's a solid guy, but I wish I had a dollar every time somebody here said he needs to make that save, especially in games where we struggle.
  21. On the contrary I think the majority of NHL fans - myself included - think he’s without question a top-7 goalie.
  22. not sure anybody around the league would see him as a top 7 goalie. Not sure there's enough numbers out there to manipulate to show he is, is there?
  23. All purpose general trade speculation thread

A deal was apparently pretty close for Galchenyuk in the offseason. But with the emergence of Bratt and Nico being a legit NHLer already, I don’t think we need another forward. Scoring really isn’t the team’s problem, so I’d only go after Kane if the market for him nosedives. I’ll make a special note to say that I will start breaking things if Ray trades for Phaneuf, even if Ottawa gives him to us and pays half his salary. He sucks and is only getting worse. If the rumors about OEL being available are true, that’s what Ray should be looking at.
  24. All purpose general trade speculation thread

Are there any names on the Trade Bait Board which would actually make sense for the Devils to trade for, given that we're not looking to give up picks and are not billed as a Cup Contender? I would think maybe only guys on contracts that are not UFA in case we feel they fit into long term plans... Those guys (on non-UFA contracts are): Hoffman, signed 2 more years - i think he would cost a ton to acquire Pacioretty, signed 1 more year - for being signed only 1 more year, not worth it Galchenyuk, signed 2 more years - interesting case Z. Smith, signed 3 more years - i like Smith personally but probably not needed A. Shaw, signed 4 more years - a more talented Zack Smith... maybe Pageau, signed 2 more years - only if Zajac somehow finds himself elsewhere Phaneuf, signed 3 more years - no, too cap costly Barrie, signed 2 more years - would love it, but probably will cost a fortune
  25. GDT: Devils @ Islanders 7:00 PM

thanks for the recap. I was interested in the tweet but for the most part was unable to figure out what the hell he has writing about.
  26. He is a top 7 goalie in this league. He’s not been good lately. I’m confident he’ll find his form again. He’s a great goaltender who’s having a bad stretch, like Price had in MTL, Rinne in NSH, etc. have had. I agree he has to be better though, no doubt about it, and I think he knows it too.
  27. All purpose general trade speculation thread

I figured that out. Derp
  1. Load more activity