All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. The Devils Uniforms

Lack of a stripe on the bottom is a complete non-issue for me after seeing them in a game. Not noticeable. The damn stripes are jarring to me though. I was fine until I actually made a conscious effort to notice what the jersey looked like while they are playing. Now I cant unsee how off they look. Kinda like seeing the arrow in the fed ex logo for the first time.
  3. The Devils Uniforms

Seeing them in person, they still look horrible IMO. Just looks like an unfinished jersey to me, like almost all without a bottom hem stripe do.
  4. NJDevs '17-18 Fantasy Hockey

Henriqued has taken over Squirtle Squad, Pacific Devil has taken over Eat Another Donut and an invite was sent to devlman for DirtyMike, with any luck all spots will be filled today or tomorrow.
  5. New York Mets 2017 Season Thread

It's funny, I do think to certain extent, this is a little payback for Harvey's diva crap. And he really is a tough guy to embrace...even yesterday with his quotes, he just came off as so unlikable...basically sounded like "Well, you meanies are just going to keep picking on me anyway, so just keep doing that." deGrom could teach him plenty about what it's like to have REAL balls. Harvey has to be one of the phoniest Alpha Males in MLB.
  6. Today
  7. Squirtle Squad taken, one prior invite for the DirtyMike team still pending
  8. The Devils Uniforms

Looking at the pics and the snippets of videos I have seen online, they look pretty good to me. Definitely a lot better than the concept art and pictures and very "clean" looking.
  9. GDT: 9/18/17 Washington Capitals @ NJ Devils

The Great: – Kyle Palmieri. Guy was flying all night and off the top of my head I can think of 5 scoring chances he created just by using his speed and driving to the front of the net. Feel like at the start of last season he was pressing too much but I think now he understands how he has to play to score, think he's in for a big year. 30 goals again? I think so The Good: – The whole 1st Line. Already mentioned Palmieri but Hallsy and Johansson both has good jump in the skates tonight also. Hallsy looks like he just wants to regular season to start already, thought it took Johansson a little bit to get settled in last night but when he did you saw the skill he has. Looks like a great halfwall player on the PP. – The whole 3rd Line. Bratt-Blandisi-Noesen all had great games last night, particularly Blender I thought had good jump all night and you can see he was competing hard on the puck. Kid does not want to go back to the AHL, he's gunning for a full-time spot this year. – Mirco Mueller. Was a fan of the trade at the time and he showed last night why I've been high on him, steady and reliable in his own end and I honestly can't think of any times last night when he was caught flat footed in his own zone or had a bad turnover on the breakout. Also the bomb for the goal was nice. – Nico. Fvcking NICO. He played with Hallsy and Palms in the 3rd and I thought he looked excellent there, every time he's on the ice you can clearly see those Datsyuk comparables, he's so smart and it just constantly seems like the Devils are driving play when he's out there, and that goal was HNNNNGGGH. – Scott Wedgewood. Kinkaid was solid as well, but I was really impressed with Wedge last night. Thought he had more difficult saves to make than Kinky and he just looked confident despite missing so much time this year. Kinda wish Kinky wasn't here, because we might lose Wedge on waivers. The Bad: – Jimmy Hayes. Just...no. Guy looked like a slug out there with our team speed. If he gets a contract, it needs to be as a 13th or 14th forward, he can't play regularly. – Yaroslav Dyblenko. Thought he had a rough game, and I wasn't impressed with him at the prospect tournament either. I think it shows that he's never played in North America because it seems like he often loses his angles and positioning in his own zone, he'll take some time in the AHL to adjust for sure.
  10. New York Mets 2017 Season Thread

I think they will tender him in the hope that he can get stronger in the offseason and regain the velocity, but I wonder if this is just a way for them to see if he can figure things out and think his way through games rather than just dominate with his best stuff as he used to. So far he can't. And yes perhaps they also see this as a much needed serving of humble pie as well.
  11. GDT: 9/18/17 Washington Capitals @ NJ Devils

DVR'd last night at 1am, but they substituted the Tor./Ott. game. Stupid fvckin blackout rules during pre-season?? Is that really protecting a home team's broadcasting rights? Sched. again on the listings for 10am this morning...
  12. New York Mets 2017 Season Thread

At best they should try Harvey in the pen the last two weeks, otherwise I can't make an argument to even tender him this offseason.
  13. New York Mets 2017 Season Thread

Starting to wonder if the Mets hate Harvey so much that they WANT to see him keep getting shelled. The guy shouldn't throw another pitch in the majors this year.
  14. GDT: 9/18/17 Washington Capitals @ NJ Devils

Nico tearing through 2 defensemen...
  15. NFL Week 2

Giants offensive line looks like the worst in football. It is ruining games for them, they absolutely cannot get into any sort of rhythm. Marshall demonstrated his usual propensity for huge drops today. He's still an ok player but, the quickness isn't there anymore. And he was never a speedy receiver even in his prime. But he had trouble getting separation today. Witness that 4Q heave into the endzone where the CB was right on his tail and swatted it away as soon as the ball got near. Beckham I'm sure is receiving treatment...looked fine with the ball in his hands had a very ordinary game. Probably only at 75% or worse. Wasn't a factor Giants defense is pretty good. Not elite in any way though. And that's what they have to be to cover for this offense. And like the Jets yesterday with Raymond, the Giants can't have these ST mistakes like a guy nearly muffing a punt, then picking up the ball and breaking 3 tackles and scoring. The D overall needs to start forcing turnovers, multiple, per game to give the O short fields. Though it doesn't really strike me as a particularly larcenous defense so I don't know if that will happen. Going to Philly and then to Tampa is going to be hard for them, they could legitimately be 0-4 before seeing the Chargers. But then it's Broncos and Seahawks who can both play defense. They see the Raiders and Cowboys and Chiefs later this year as well. This is a scary 0-2 they're in. Going to be tough to right the ship.
  16. GDT: 9/18/17 Washington Capitals @ NJ Devils

Anyway, I didn't see the whole game - Yankees and Giants being in action limited that - but I liked what I was seeing out of the team in general. Power play was bad but I don't really care about that, it's Preseason game 1. Players I thought looked good - Johansson, Bratt, Coleman, Blandisi. Hischier wasn't overpowering or anything but obviously the goal was good. Butcher looked like he knew what he was doing besides that awful coverage on the goal, but again, it's game 1 of the preseason.
  17. GDT: 9/18/17 Washington Capitals @ NJ Devils

Okay, good logic. Please post any time someone makes fun of the Devils, especially a Rangers fan, it's what I love to read when I come here.
  18. GDT: 9/18/17 Washington Capitals @ NJ Devils

On the contrary, you're so obsessed with them. What compelled you to post that here?
  19. GDT: 9/18/17 Washington Capitals @ NJ Devils

Tri doesnt want to read it, therefore its unworthy to be posted here. Deleted.
  20. NFL Week 2

You got me too since I figured you must have heard this on TV and the Rapoport fake Tweet was the one that popped up when I looked on Twitter to verify (the fake Rapoport Twitter is notorious), scared my poor Giant fan friend when I Tweeted it out till he figured it was a fake And sadly the Harvey line is real if what you saw is a 13.19 ERA, etc.
  21. GDT: 9/18/17 Washington Capitals @ NJ Devils

That Nico goal.... is just.... guys.
  22. GDT: 9/18/17 Washington Capitals @ NJ Devils

Get the Duck boats ready!
  23. NFL Week 2

no no. Looks like I was duped by a fake tweet. darn. I always fall for it with twitter. Somebody also tweeted Matt Harveys line since returning from the DL and the Mets score tonight. Looks like a fake tweet as well but is all too real.
  24. NFL Week 2

Seriously?!
  25. NFL Week 2

edit - was a fake tweet
  1. Load more activity