All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Find the dumb GM - Marc Bergevin edition

He won't. He'll be too broken down to play (supposedly) and will take a medical at camp once a year, sit on IR/LTIR and get paid 1 million for his troubles. If Montreal are truly rebuilding, I'd call about Jeff Petry. He'll be done by the time NJ are a contender, if they can even be one with Weber on the books and not what he currently is/has been (which is a 1D but not an elite 1D).
  3. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

I'd say you've got maybe 3-4 forwards (Boyle included) you can make a case he's been better than. They give up a ton of shots with him and he doesn't shoot a lot, and when he does it's from fairly undangerous areas. I don't agree, really, but I think they see Boyle as a necessary piece because of non-measurable skills (leadership etc) + he's gotten some dangerous looks.
  4. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

He started real huge, which wasn’t expected, but he’s still playing well and creating chances and plays imo.
  5. Find the dumb GM - Marc Bergevin edition

As a Devils fan living in Quebec City, I can tell you that the Habs are litteraly crumbling. The fans are truly starting to let go and go crazy. But honestly, other than Weber and MAYBE Mete, there is no one on the habs roster I would try and get, as most of their players are brutaly overrated.
  6. Find the dumb GM - Marc Bergevin edition

His value has decreased no doubt. But not by much. And if you think giving them the players I mentioned is some lock to get a deal done, you're seeing things through shades of red and black. None of the Devils players I mentioned command that much from the market. Not yet. If Weber comes into NJ, he's our 1D right away.
  7. Find the dumb GM - Marc Bergevin edition

He’s 32 years old now and pretty much everyone recognized that it was an awful deal at the time. That’s Zach Parise’s age and defensemen tend to age worse than forwards. The only thing holding Bergevin back from trading him is that he’ll look even worse even if he’s now getting the best value he can get. That’s kind of why I think Zacha, if he starts putting up some points might be enough as he has that recent top ten pick pedigree.
  8. Find the dumb GM - Marc Bergevin edition

Has his value dropped so significantly since he was traded for PK? On the other side of that, exactly how much do you think those Devils players are worth?
  9. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

Thought he only had 3, my mistake. But you’re right, the JJ comparison was a bit harsh. it was mostly just them both having really nice moves in the shootout that made me think of it.
  10. Find the dumb GM - Marc Bergevin edition

I have to agree with that. And I would add, Butcher is probably our only D that I would consider untouchable. I mean I would take McDavid for him...
  11. Find the dumb GM - Marc Bergevin edition

Jesus Christ your valuation of Shea Weber and his monstrosity of a contract is insanely out of touch.
  12. Find the dumb GM - Marc Bergevin edition

I’d be in favor of almost any deal that ends in “we throw in Lovejoy”.
  13. Find the dumb GM - Marc Bergevin edition

Well, then maybe the first deal, but we throw in Lovejoy?
  14. Find the dumb GM - Marc Bergevin edition

That I would pass on.
  15. Find the dumb GM - Marc Bergevin edition

I'd like to think that Zacha, Henrique, and a first would be enough for Weber but not likely. Think more: Jesper Bratt and Will Butcher leaving along with other top goods. That's what it takes to get an elite 1D.
  16. Find the dumb GM - Marc Bergevin edition

Saw this after I posted and I echo mfitz-I'd probably do it under those circumstances. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. Find the dumb GM - Marc Bergevin edition

Agreed. I'm certainly not against the sheer idea of bringing in Weber, but that contract.... Yeesh. No thanks. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

Sorry, but that’s absurd. 5 goals, 3 assists in 17 games. JJ wishes in his wildest dreams. Oh, and he’s tied for 3rd on our team with his 5 goals. Ahead of Palmieri, Henrique, Hischier, Johansson, etc. 5 goals in 17 games is hardly “once in a blue moon”. That’s like a 25 goal pace for a full season. JJ doesn’t have even close to 25 goals in 282 games!!!! Anyone who thinks Stafford sucks clearly isn’t paying attention and doesn’t realize how well he is performing given how little he is being paid.
  19. Find the dumb GM - Marc Bergevin edition

Rumours that i heard around here is that before the season Shero offered Henrique for Galchenyuk (not sure if it was one for one or other picks/players were involved) and Bergevin turned it down. Then few weeks into the season Bergevin contacted Shero again and offered the same deal, then Shero turned it down. Is it true or not? god knows but that's what i read a few times NBC sports also reported that the Wild and the Devils were in contact with Bergevin for Galchenyuk and that Henrique and Scandella were the players discussed Dregger also confirmed that we were after Galchenyuk at that time
  20. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

I wish Quennville could be called up, Mojo was healthy and Boyle/Stafford sat. Hell, I'd rather see Hayes instead of Stafford. The Wild tying goal was the best goaltender screen I've ever seen in my life. Boyle is not good defensively - his face off ability should not be free license to be on the ice in the final two mins.
  21. Find the dumb GM - Marc Bergevin edition

If that’s true, I’d do it.
  22. Find the dumb GM - Marc Bergevin edition

He’ll probably retire well before that and Nashville is on the hook for his recapture penalty if it’s not done away with in the next CBA.
  23. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

Stafford seems to venturing into JJ territory. Only useful in the shootout, and will score a goal every once in a blue moon.
  24. Find the dumb GM - Marc Bergevin edition

The only asset we should be trading Zacha for is a defenseman, not another struggling forward.
  25. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Or simply obviate the need for signing either Hayes or Stafford.
  26. Find the dumb GM - Marc Bergevin edition

Zacha for Galchenyuk+? Two guys in need of a change of scenery?
  1. Load more activity