All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Oh No! We Suck Again!

The Devils get an Islanders team on a back to back tonight that had to play an OT game and had to travel back to NYC. Plus, the Islanders got THOROUGHLY dominated by Montreal, yet still won. Can't make this sh!t up.
  3. Today
  4. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

I thought it was going to be a two man race between him and Boeser for the Calder, but it looks like Barzal could pull away. If the Islanders had even decent goaltending they’d be scary.
  5. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Isles beat Montreal 5-4 in OT. Hopefully they are fat and happy after a few wins headed into a back to back. Glanced at the box score and see the Isles gave up 56 shots, another goal and two assists for Barzal dam that kid can play.
  6. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

I doubt it’ll be gone unfortunately
  7. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Nah, it’ll be eight tickets for Spiderman Turn Off the Dark, a la Jonah Ryan.
  8. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

It needs to go. Now. Hockey was played for 125 years without this stupid sh!t. This stupid need to review every fvcking little thing in all sports has actually turned me against replay. If they ditched all replay tomorrow I wouldn't even care. It's at the point of absurdity. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Just brutal if they don't change it in March they're all fvcking tone deaf.
  10. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Another 25 minute offsides review to see if a skate was a fraction of a fraction of an inch off the ice 10 minutes before the goal was scored. GET THIS fvckING GARBAGE OUT OF THE SPORT. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Oh No! We Suck Again!

Nope. I’m good.
  12. Yesterday
  13. NFL 2017 Playoffs and news

I would have only had hope of him leaving if he wasn't under contract...Kraft would have wanted like three first rounders (at minimum) to trade Billy Boy even if he did want out. Fvck, Gruden got two 1's and two 2's way back when and he didn't have ONE SB win then.
  14. All purpose general trade speculation thread

It’s not so much that they didn’t make the trade because of Conte, but Ray’s comments about how high on Zacha Conte was. But in any event, there were rumblings that Philly wanted to take Zacha, and they were drafting at 7, so there might be something to Conte advising against making a deal. I will cut him some slack though in that I’m pretty sure the selection would’ve been Hannifin if Carolina passed on him. That’s based on Conte’s comments before the draft comparing him to Drew Doughty.
  15. All purpose general trade speculation thread

Some things - I don't know why you would draft a player with 'consistency issues' 6th overall. There's two types of consistency to me - consistent scoring, which absolutely no one besides the very best players in the league do (and even then, sometimes they may not) and consistency of effort/competition level. The 2nd thing I don't think is something that can really be taught - some guys do eventually figure it out and some guys never do. My thing with Zacha is that we're on Year 4 of his North American career and he's disappointed in terms of results every single year so far. In no year has he exceeded expectations - at best, he's met them. I'm not expecting miracles, he's a 20 year old player and they're not usually that great, but the results are so much more underwhelming than the on-ice play suggests. Zacha also got injured in his junior season and as a result of that and some suspensions ended up playing fewer games than Barzal. I'm not going to make this a Zacha vs Barzal thing or a Conte thing, but I don't think you can say 'oh yeah if he wasn't hurt they would've taken Barzal' - I'm not convinced. Strome may not have gotten a permanent spot in the NHL yet but he is crushing the AHL so far this season. In a year you might be second guessing the 'at least he's not Dylan Strome' angle. I don't believe that the Devils did not trade down because of Conte - they didn't trade down because the Canes took Hanifin and the Jackets were willing to take the chance that Werenski would fall to them, as he was their guy. I believe if the Canes had taken Zacha, the Devils might've traded back to 8 and taken some other forward there. I'm not going to speculate on who that could've been.
  16. All purpose general trade speculation thread

Unfortunately, TG’s posts from then aren’t archived. But he wrote about the discussion Shero had with Columbus about possibly moving down a spot (it was very clear they were talking on the draft floor around the time the Devils were set to pick). Afterwards, Shero said something to the effect that Conte told him that he would kill him if Zacha wasn’t available if they ended up trading down. So that’s why I say Zacha was the guy Conte had to have. You better be right in that case, and it really looks like he wasn’t. The points per game thing may not be the end all be all, but it’s very hard to find players that have really good NHL careers that don’t really put up really good numbers in junior, at least if we’re talking about forwards, and forwards that are drafted in the top fifteen. There are exceptions, but it’s a risky proposition.
  17. All purpose general trade speculation thread

Lou would have had him here in an instant.
  18. All purpose general trade speculation thread

FWIW: Paul Martin has been placed on waivers and Montreal claims Logan Shaw from Anaheim on waivers — Pierre LeBrun (@PierreVLeBrun) January 15, 2018
  19. Oh No! We Suck Again!

I think that will happen.
  20. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Can’t wait until Ottawa bails them out and gives them Brassard for four tickets to Book of Mormon
  21. All purpose general trade speculation thread

What are you referring to here? To those that say Zacha never dominated at the junior level, have you watched any games of him at that level? Or is it just a matter of looking up some stats to see that his p/g number was not very high. I agree that the numbers should have been better, but he was really good in juniors, both offensively and defensively. And I don't mean good in a Reid Boucher kind of way. He was the type of player to take control of play. I think the low points totals is more a matter of consistency issues, which I think he is working on. Just look up some highlights and you'll get an idea. He was scoring all different kinds of goals, using speed, physicality, and that powerful shot he has. He's got this excellent skill set that really isn't coming together at the NHL level yet, but you really do not want to give up so quickly. Also, his line was awesome in the Flyers game, creating a bunch of chances. They didn't get the bounces, but to say that he has been unimpressive or not shown much isn't fair with how he has played recently. Also, I think Barzal would be a Devil if it weren't for the injury that shortened his draft season. He was not as dominant as he could have been as a result of the injury. A lot of people wanted the Devils to select him, it was not just a few. I think the Devils took the cautious route by taking Zacha, given that he has all the tools to be a great player despite a slightly underwhelming first season in North America. It seems that Barzal's injury may have raised some red flags. I remember hoping for Barzal up until the time of the draft, when I also felt like Zacha was the better choice. I guess it's good that I'm not the one who replaced Conte. In any case, it's not like we took Dylan Strome in that draft.
  22. NFL 2017 Playoffs and news

Yeah I legit thought he could leave for the Giants. But alas, the nightmare that never ends will march on, with no end in sight. God do I hope Jacksonville beats them by 70. And since there's no chance of that, hopefully they get punked in the Super Bowl. But we all know that isn't happening either. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  23. GDT - Devils vs Flyers 1/13/18

That's exactly how I feel.
  24. NFL 2017 Playoffs and news

Did you honestly believe that he was ever going anywhere except possibly retiring?
  25. NFL 2017 Playoffs and news

Which means fvcko douchebag hoodie and his boy wonder will both be back in NE next year. Great. The fvcking disease that never goes the fvck away. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  26. NFL 2017 Playoffs and news

Shurmer to the Giants and McDaniels to the Colts.
  27. Oh No! We Suck Again!

I think you simply have to have faith that Schneider will play better. At this point, if he doesn’t, were fvcked for a whole lot of reasons.
  28. Oh No! We Suck Again!

I agree 95%, with the additional 5% being we have to stop giving up 4+ goals per game.
  1. Load more activity