All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

Just got back from the game in St. Paul. I had fun seats, row 6 from the ice but near the goal where the Devils shot at during periods one and three. As such, a lot of the action was on the other end of the rink all three periods so I'm pretty sure everyone who saw the game on TV has a better overall analysis than what I have. From my vantage point, however, I did notice a couple of things: For starters, Henrique seemed ready to rumble at any moment from the middle of the second period on. Not really sure what got under his skin (demotion to fourth line?) but he was a hockey player clearly on a mission. Nico looked like a rookie for a good portion of the night; seemed more tentative than I've seen him look in the past. There were at least four good brawls and I honestly can't remember an early regular season game against a non divisional opponent where the Devils seemed so motivated to throw down on a continual basis - especially since the Wild really aren't a goon type of team - so that really surprised me. Butcher played smartly and is a calm, intelligent hockey player but really can get knocked off the puck when he's pressed. Nice goal though by the Butcher, arguably the most important goal of the game. Didn't notice Zacha, Stafford, Palms making too many memorable plays. Severson and Santini were fun to watch, played with a bit of an edge. As for the game flow itself, when the Devils took that crucial penalty in the third (Devs up 3-1 at the time) I turned to my 12-year-old daughter and said, "The Wild are going to score, tie it up in the final minutes and send this game will go into overtime." My daughter looks at me and says, "Dad, you need to stay positive." So, during the break before overtime starts, my daughter turns to me and says, "Dad, how did you know?" You guys all know the answer I gave her.
  3. Today
  4. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

Oh it's just the best, it feels like that show was made for me for my birthday or something, its hitting every notes for me lol Actually turns out i'm born on the same exact day than the Duffer brothers who created the show. Actually met the kids from the show few months ago, Gaten (Dustin) was in NJ the day before watching Green Day and met them backstage lol which is awesome
  5. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

Solid avatar. Great show
  6. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

Not much dude. Just watchin' Suter breaking his stick on the net after Moore's OT goal...... on loop lol
  7. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

Suffice it to say that opposing teams seem to know that the Devils struggle when their opponent pulls its goalie...teams seems to be doing it earlier and earlier, with no apparent fear. One of these days the Devils will figure out how to get through a 6-on-5 without looking like a trainwreck plowing through a dumpster fire. That being said, this team battles and they came away with five points on a tough trip. There's obviously plenty that needs work, but hell of a job. As far as the results go, no complaints.
  8. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

Rico, Coleman, Gibby, Nice combo,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
  9. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

Watched this via the Minnesota feed, man I thought the Devs coverage was bad at times and being hard on; Chico, Dano, Deb, Sherri, Matt, Cang, Johnny MAc, but man the Minnesota Wild have these worse coverage team in the league, esp. the two live play clowns.; Anthony Lapanta and that total loser Greenlay. PS: Hynes needs to turn Rico into Shanahan... he plays much better on the edge.
  10. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

I was so fired up when he went after him after that.
  11. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

Didn’t even notice it was Sterio and not SatansHockey, Two of them have the same damn avatars now!
  12. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

Protecting Cory, and bringing the grit too. Hell of a game for 14.
  13. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

The 5 on 6 strategy at the end there cost them the regulation win. Gotta win those D zone draws
  14. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

Hell yeah. I was on his ass for sure, a three point night will shut me the fvck up real quick. Excellent game by Rico.
  15. Only 6 years between posts lol

u wot m8?
  16. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

Holy sh!t sup
  17. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

Last year, win # 12 didn't come until game 25. Win # 13 game # 33. That 13th win was on December 22nd. So not last year.
  18. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

Well anyway, great win tonight boys. I'm gonna go check out the Minny boards on HFboards before heading to bed, wish me luck.
  19. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

mrw I saw "SterioDesign" Welcome back!
  20. Only 6 years between posts lol

As a matter of fact it's been quite enjoyable haha
  21. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

Loved his game tonight. Played like a 4th liner with grit. Definitely didn’t disappear this game
  22. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

RECAP For the first half of the game, they looked sluggish and out of sync. They definitely picked it up in the 2nd half of the 2nd period. This game should hopefully bring home the point that keeping the puck to the outside does not work. Every shot attempt should be considered dangerous. 5 of the 6 regulation goals were scored simply by throwing the puck on net, and finding its way into the net. The 5 on 6 strategy at the end there cost them the regulation win. POSSESSION ES CF: 40 to 57 ES FF: 30 to 39 ES SF: 19 to 27 ES SCF: 19 to 22 ES HDCF: 12 to 3 All CF: 52 to 73 All FF: 37 to 52 All SF: 25 to 36 All SCF: 23 to 29 All HDCF: 14 to 6
  23. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

Faaawk yeah!
  24. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

Rico was really fired up. tonight
  25. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

Hey whats up dude haha Thanks, good to be back
  26. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

It has that feeling.
  27. GDT: 11/20/17 NJ Devils @ Minnesota

He was in our zone 2 seconds before the goal!!! Wheeeeellllssss
  1. Load more activity