All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. New York Mets 2017 Season Thread

d'Arnaud now suddenly showing signs of a pulse in pure garbage time as well: 5 HR and 13 RBI, 14-for-37 in his last 11 GP. Probably has Sandy all excited, but we know what the drill will be next season: Travis will be hitting somewhere around .200 in mid-May and will then wind up on the DL (assuming he even stays healthy for that long). And will still be a lousy defensive catcher to boot. Syndergaard to start tonight...however many Mets fans are in attendance should boo the sh!t out of him. With the crap he pulled in refusing the take the MRI, he deserves it. And that was awesome the way Sandy just completely chose not to even try to take control of the situation...why is this complacent overrated smug zilch getting to stick around?
  3. Today
  4. Around the League: 2016-17 edition

Santini is going to be special alongside Butcher. Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk
  5. Around the League: 2016-17 edition

I wouldn't even move Santini. Too thin on defense already.
  6. Around the League: 2016-17 edition

I’m sure there is a way to get it done, but I think you’re right, price is too high.
  7. Around the League: 2016-17 edition

Henrique + Santini, sure. That doesn't get Duchene though, and I wouldn't want anything to do with him at a higher cost. No way I include either our 1st or Severson.
  8. 2017 Miami Dolphins thread

https://mobile.twitter.com/MiamiDolphins/status/911379607873503232?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet
  9. Yesterday
  10. 2017 Training Camp thread

No Nico again tmrw?....that blows
  11. Around the League: 2016-17 edition

Agree totally with all of these points.
  12. Around the League: 2016-17 edition

Right, and I'm not necessarily advocating for a deal, but it's not because of our depth at center; it's due to the cost. Zajac is hurt, we don't know what's going to happen with Boyle (although we all wish him the best) and McLoed has been outperformed in the preseason by other youngsters. I think there is more than enough room for a top 2 center on this team right now. I agree though, losing Severson doesn't seem to make sense.
  13. 2017 Training Camp thread

I seen a couple posts that talk about Hall and how he sat down with Shero to discuss his role with the Devils and how he is expected to take more of a leadership on and off the ice. Do you think this, in any way is also to help motivate him to want to re-sign with the Devils when the time comes? What is everyone's thoughts on the leadership role that Shero wants Hall to fill?
  14. 2017 Training Camp thread

This is great [emoji23]: https://www.facebook.com/NJDevils/videos/10155739531549583/ Oops, didn't see it already posted. My bad.
  15. 2017 Training Camp thread

Lmao https://twitter.com/NJDevils/status/911266356502204418
  16. Around the League: 2016-17 edition

I don't know if I'm really interested in Duchene especially if it means Severson is part of the deal. I think it would be an extra trade too far. With Zajac, Henrique (who we know can be moved to wing), Hischier, McCleod, and Boyle to name as natural centers, I don't see where Duchene fits not only on the roster, but under the salary cap if you see Hischier or McCleod as long-term solutions. Now if Henrique is going the other way, COL might have my attention. Henrique, a dman not named Severson and a first round maybe. Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk
  17. GDT: 9/21/17 NJ Devils @ Les Habitants

And we will take it.
  18. GDT: 9/21/17 NJ Devils @ Les Habitants

If we win the cup, Then we will chip in to pay you to stay home.
  19. GDT: 9/21/17 NJ Devils @ Les Habitants

Due to circumstances beyond our control we had to give up our season tickets this year, so I feel relatively confident this will be a Cup season. If so, you guys can thank my wife and me.
  20. GDT: 9/21/17 NJ Devils @ Les Habitants

I think they like Moore a lot more (badumtsh) than that. I think they're looking at Severson/Greene/Lovejoy/Moore being the locks and the rest is up for grabs. Do wonder if one of Santini/Butcher doesn't start in the AHL so they can keep Prout from waivers (however hilarious that may sound).
  21. GDT: 9/21/17 NJ Devils @ Les Habitants

You can’t base anything on pre season. That being said, it’s better to look good than to look like sh!t. Keep it going boys.
  22. Around the League: 2016-17 edition

Speaking of Duchene, one of the Colorado writers mentioned that the Devils were one of several teams who had a scout at the game last night. We are clearly hurting at center but you'd have to imagine that the deal would include Severson (who is now on a friendly long-term deal) or a first rounder next year (which has the potential to be a lottery pick). Doesn't seem likely in either regard, but I'd be interested to see what Shero could do considering TZ's extended absence. Sorry if this has been brought up ad nauseam elsewhere, but I thought it was interesting that a NJ scout was at the game.
  23. GDT: 9/21/17 NJ Devils @ Les Habitants

Devils were at least competitive in just about every season from 2003-04 to 2011-12 (even 2010-11 got to be a little more interesting than it had any right to be)...yeah, those teams tended to come up very short come playoff time (with the exception of 2012 of course), but at least you went into those seasons feeling pretty confident that the Devils would at least nab a playoff berth. It's the last five seasons have been especially rough, not just because of them not making the playoffs, but because they've generally been a very ugly team to watch. You can get away with winning ugly, but losing ugly is something else...and the Devils of the past five years have almost seemed allergic to putting pucks in the net. I'm very hopeful that this season marks the end of THOSE Devils. At the very least, it feels like this team should be a lot more entertaining to watch.
  24. GDT: 9/21/17 NJ Devils @ Les Habitants

I'm a Yankees fan and this is dangerous. The Yankees were supposed to be "bad", but a bunch of young guys are ahead of schedule and now we're in late-September chasing a pennant and it's got me right back in to "the world is literally fvcking ending" every time they lose. I promise you that if the Devils are within striking distance of a playoff spot near Christmas, the pressure (and inevitable suffering) will quickly find its way back into your fanhood.
  25. GDT: 9/21/17 NJ Devils @ Les Habitants

ehhhh?? I've been saying it since the trade: you don't give up a 2nd round pick for a 22-year old RFA if you don't see him in your top-6 next year. I also don't think there's a chance Butcher isn't in the opening day top-6. Greene, Severson, and Lovejoy are 'locks'. That's assumed. Moore will likely play in quite a few games, but I can't consider him a top-6 lock. I think there's a decent chance that the opening day top-6 are Greene, Sevo, Lovejoy, Mueller, Santini, Butcher.
  26. GDT: 9/21/17 NJ Devils @ Les Habitants

It's actually refreshing to be "bad". This is the first time in my life as a Devils fan that I can just watch them play and not worry about playoff runs and wildcard spots and expectations. I get to watch a team full of young talent, and if we do good, hey that's great, but the only thing I'm expecting is to see young guys development, which is comforting. Takes the pressure of suffering through the last 15 years down a little.
  27. GDT: 9/21/17 NJ Devils @ Les Habitants

In general I don't think any Devils fans who's been watching this team through these lean years is re-thinking their expectations too much. The most optimistic fans (like me) are thinking possible wild-card contention if a lot of things break right, but at least this looks like the beginnings of something better than what we've seen for the past several seasons...and it's not like we're not eager for even the slightest signs of that.
  28. GDT: 9/21/17 NJ Devils @ Les Habitants

Not to be a wet blanket or anything.. but didn't the Avs go 6-0 in the preseason last year? And I think we all know how the regular season went for them.. Really can't tell much about anything really from the pre-season. I'm just enjoying watching Hischier and the rest of the kids play.
  1. Load more activity