All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Go Ice Flyers!
  3. GDT: Devils @ Boston 7:00 PM

Drink your coffee or Mosnters, come out pissed off and aggressive, score a fvcking goal or 4, put this losing sh!t in the rear view mirror. And for fvcks sake someone hit Marchand. Zacha scores tonight, cause I know he's on here as a lurker and clearly gives a sh!t what I have to say. Zacha, Vats, Nose and Palms [Maybe, if he does its on the PP, from his new home] are our scorers
  4. GDT: Devils @ Boston 7:00 PM

Play better hockey, get 2 points. They need it. I know the Bruins are hot and on a roll, but streaks end. Why not have the Devils end it..
  5. All purpose general trade speculation thread

Also, I don't think that's a bad deal at all for Ottawa, considering the guy isn't going to sign there anyway. That'd be a pretty good haul for a rental player.
  6. All purpose general trade speculation thread

Take out MoJo and I might do it. Problem is that a deal for EK as a rental is for a team that is in a win-now mode. We are not there yet. I still think that if EK is intent on not re-signing in OTT that the return he will fetch will be somewhat underwhelming.
  7. All purpose general trade speculation thread

I'd rather break out the check book for Carlson
  8. All purpose general trade speculation thread

I accidentally skipped over the 1st round pick line, and even with that not in there, I still thought that was too steep. I know the guy has tremendous skill and is still pretty young, but didn't he just suffer a pretty serious injury, and so far this year, his numbers have declined significantly? To be honest, I'd rather have a stay at home defenseman than someone like Karlsson who joins the rush and puts pucks in the net. The older Cory gets, the more it looks like he needs help clearing pucks from the net. Give me guys like Severson and Butcher to be offensive contributors, maybe even Moore to an extent -- don't need anymore of those. Let's see what Mueller brings when he comes back. Not saying he's anywhere near Karlsson's level, but before doing anything drastic I think it's worth looking at all of our options first. I've been pretty disappointed in Johansson's production thus far, but it's only his first season with us, and packaging him along with Zacha (granted, another mutli-year disappointment up until now), AND Severson, is just way too steep if you ask me. Throwing in a 1st on top of that is ludicrous.
  9. All purpose general trade speculation thread

I think there's one too many pieces in that deal.
  10. Today
  11. All purpose general trade speculation thread

Consensus on HFboards is that this: To Ottawa:Marcus Johansson2019 1st round pick Pavel ZachaDamon SeversonTo New Jersey:Erik Karlsson Is a bad deal for Ottawa. Now granted, HFboards is filled with idiots. That said, the above, to me, is a massive overpayment. If that doesn't get it done, I want nothing to do with EK.
  12. GDT: Red Wings @ Devils 7:00PM

I understand also, but we are still second place in the Metro. 5 points out of first. Are we statistically a ton better? No. Are we more competitive? Fvck yeah. Maybe its because all of the teams are keeping pace with each other and nobody is blowing out the division like the Caps did in 2016, but we are still in things. And another 5-6 game streak and its all turned around again.
  13. GDT: Red Wings @ Devils 7:00PM

I understand what he was trying to say... like, “ohh only two years have passed and we’re going backwards! Look that team had one more win!” The only issue was the minor detail of being entirely incorrect.
  14. GDT: Red Wings @ Devils 7:00PM

Again, I understand that you’re using an actual calendar to tell me where the team stood. I’m just saying that if you want to arbitrarily compare this team to the team 2 years ago, you might want to compare apples to apples. How many points did we have January 23rd, 1995? The lockout year. Seems equally relevant. ”This team is mediocre except for its 3 best players” can probably be said about 90% of the league. Hell, it can probably be said about 90% of every team in every sport. I think you’re doing a disservice to the team who’s 2nd in the Metro (with a game in hand); especially trying to negatively compare them to the 2015 squad (which is - without a doubt - what you were doing).
  15. GDT: Red Wings @ Devils 7:00PM

The whole concept is weird. 2015-16 is irrelevant.
  16. GDT: Red Wings @ Devils 7:00PM

RunninWiththeDevil's post won't quote right for me - a difference between the 2015-16 team and this one is that that team also won a lot of OT games. They were 8-4 in OT/SO at this point that season. This year's team is 7-8. They're not getting OT luck. They may be getting lucky to get there, but they're not unsustainbly good in OT.
  17. GDT: Red Wings @ Devils 7:00PM

They're sending him a check. I suppose I could have phrased that better.
  18. GDT: Red Wings @ Devils 7:00PM

https://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/NJD/2016_games.html Im using the literal schedule and I said as of this point in the season meaning January 23rd 2016, yes. I get 2 games is 2 games and the points are better (esp since we almost ALWAYS lost in regulation and these new devils are finding a way to force points), but this team is still mediocre except for the 3 core guys we actually have.
  19. GDT: Devils @ Boston 7:00 PM

I'd like to see some Noes on Nose action there.
  20. GDT: Red Wings @ Devils 7:00PM

So you're using calendar date rather than games played? That seems... weird.
  21. GDT: Red Wings @ Devils 7:00PM

2015-16 season. January 23rd 2016. Win #25. Came against the Jets
  22. GDT: Red Wings @ Devils 7:00PM

gotta it 2 reg wins and 7 pts. Be interesting to see where they land at the end of the year and if they can put the brakes on this skid sooner rather than later.
  23. 2017-2018 Prospects Thread

Yegor Rykov included in the list of Russian players invited to play in the Olympics http://fhr.ru/en/main/ofnews/card/?id_4=14424
  24. GDT: Red Wings @ Devils 7:00PM

Again, this isn't true. At all. Nothing about it, in fact, is true. That's two more wins and five fewer regular season losses now than we had at this point two years ago. I have no idea where this stat is being pulled from, but I tend to believe it's a dark and sort of stinky place,
  25. GDT: Devils @ Boston 7:00 PM

LGD, someone hit that weasel Marchand
  26. GDT: Red Wings @ Devils 7:00PM

Nice- they didn't hand him $4K in cash though right? I'd tell them to just send me a check, I'd never feel safe carrying that kind of money on me lol. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  27. GDT: Red Wings @ Devils 7:00PM

edit - he's right on the wins but the total points in much better this year. I agree but it's a little sobering when you look at the post above that shows we have one less win today that we had at this point two years ago. I would of thought otherwise. There's a handful of guys that have bright futures but there's still a whole lot of room for improvement overall. I think the early season run is starting to feel more and more like an anomaly as time goes on here. Hopefully they can pick it back up - soon.
  1. Load more activity