All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. What would you trade for Taylor Hall?

You have to consider the return. If we traded Henrique and got back a former #1 overall, who leads the team in scoring, and people are calling for to be the next captain, it would have been easier to tolerate. When the return is not only a defenseman, but one playing out West so the majority of people who don't follow other teams closely aren't even aware of his performance day to day, its a harder sell. There's arguments for/against the Henrique for Vatanen trade. But if you would have argued against trading Henrique for Hall, you probably don't know what you are talking about.
  3. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Is there an example of another expansion team that came out of the gate like this? In any sport? I'm sure there must be, but if so, I don't recall it.
  4. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

I feel bad for any team that has to play Vegas or Tampa. Both of those teams are just ridiculously good.
  5. NFL 2017 Playoffs and news

If the Eagles win the Super Bowl, they'll have to shut the city down and declare martial law. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Today
  7. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

It could just be that they're, ya know, ....good. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

5-7-2 with just two regulation wins in their last 14. Also four straight home losses (now 7-11-2 on the road for the season). They've got their work cut out for them.
  9. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Also, as compared to other years' expansions, you have players knowing exactly how badly a team wanted to keep them or lack thereof. A lot of motivation from resentment plus a good number of their roster is playing on expiring contracts.
  10. What would you trade for Taylor Hall?

I was way more upset with the Henrique trade. The return was way better for Larsson so it’s easy to let that one go but Henrique was a true Devil. Hard to watch him go as he was so loved by fans and teammates. Vatanen is slowly growing on me though.
  11. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

I still wonder how on earth it's happening. It might be that the west is just not very good. It also might be the case that playing in Vegas is the best home ice advantage you could possibly have in that the visiting team does stuff of the ice they wouldn't be compared to other road trips.
  12. NFL 2017 Playoffs and news

I was in college in Philly when there was a mini-riot on South Street. Wasn't because of anything political, might have been mardi gras related if memory serves me correctly. What I do remember was that it was the same night as the State of the Union and the mayor was there (think it was John Street) and the President (I think it was W, pre 9/11) pointed out some positive government program in Philly. The local broadcast showed a split screen with the mayor and the rioting. Was pretty funny.
  13. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

I agree. I like Vegas and all but you should have to suffer some when you are starting out like every other franchise had to. Though also, everything has worked out perfect in a way no one could forsee.
  14. NFL 2017 Playoffs and news

Last night was one of the most insane things I've ever experienced. From the city bus honking in celebration driving through fireworks being set off in the street, the endless roar of car horns, the thousands of people celebrating on Broad Street that was closed from the stadiums passed City Hall (more than 3 miles of the main road through the city). Everyone openely drinking, cops were smoking cigarettes, chanting, giving people high fives. Things were pretty fvcked up when the Phillies won the world series, I can't imagine what'll happen if the eagles pull this off.
  15. What would you trade for Taylor Hall?

I never said anything about people thinking the value was bad, but believe me when I tell you people were very upset Larsson was traded for Hall. We just went through the exact same thing when we traded Henrique for Vatanen! Nobody thought these were bad trades, but don't act as if people weren't upset that the two Adams were traded! Clearly people were upset, and some fans were legit mad even.
  16. Well that's a shot based on results (based on if the puck went in or not) which is not really what we're talking about here. sh!tty shots can go in and precise shots can be stopped, it's kind of like +/-. The number doesnt tell the whole story.
  17. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Well obviously I do. That’s why I made the comment.
  18. Devils select Nico Hischier #1 overall in 2017 Draft

He definitely needs to put on some muscle/weight, but he really is just a kid. He's held his own with the big boys and though he really gets knocked around at times, he's never had me thinking that he's not ready for the NHL. He's played in every game to date and is on pace for respectable numbers, given his age (about 51 points)...he was never expected to come in and just completely dominate the league from Day 1, like some kids do. Looking forward to watching his continued development. I like that he's been able to click with Hall too, and that the Devils have given him some big minutes (he's also 4th overall in minutes per game for Devil forwards currently still with the team)...the Flyers are taking a much more cautious approach with Patrick, though his minutes are starting to increase a little. And I agree, he's just felt like the right choice from Day 1.
  19. Devils select Nico Hischier #1 overall in 2017 Draft

I’m happy with results so far, he has been advertised. Not a generational talent at age 18 but with tremendous upside. I think we chose well.
  20. Devils select Nico Hischier #1 overall in 2017 Draft

Some nice things said about Nico by Josi ahead of the Devils facing the Preds later this week: https://www.nhl.com/news/rookie-watch-nico-hischier-new-jersey-devils-rookie-watch/c-295150896?tid=277548856 "When we first got together, I actually didn't know who [Hischier] was but we were practicing and running drills and I was thinking, 'This kid is unreal', so I found out", Josi said. "The skill set at his age is unbelievable. He's going to grow and get stronger. I remember when I was 18, there was no way I could have played in the NHL. Nico is going to be a superstar in this League for a long time." "He's just a really complete player," Josi said. "He skates really well; is explosive. He makes great passes and has a great shot too, so he's got all the tools. Obviously, his hockey sense is off the charts."
  21. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Who cares? Doesn't effect us at all. Good for them. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  22. What would you trade for Taylor Hall?

I believe the term here was "grand larssony" at the time with lots of happy dancing
  23. NFL 2017 Playoffs and news

Foles was one part doug williams and one part eli manning...he made every throw and wiggled around that pocket against the best D in he league...
  24. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

I can’t help but be resentful. It’s coming too easy for them.
  25. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Vegas first overall in league standings in late January. Unreal. Wonder what the house odds on that would have been.
  26. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Rags lose again, good sh!t Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  1. Load more activity