2012 Fantasy Football Smack Talk

aylbert

Is Yahoo having technical difficulties? Everyone's score seems to have gone down since last night.

it seems to be....in all 3 leagues (Brian did the math)....touchdowns and yards have been miscalculated, usually they stat correct on Wednesday....the odd thing is stat tracker was exact across the board last night....let them get through tonight and we'll see what's going on with it.....

As cheesy as it is, I love it... it's a nice wrap up.

In my other league I had quite a negative article written up about me even though I lost by 3.5 (but two poor results facing off - would have both lost to almost everyone else)... so I'll take it.

What's missing from this article? Matt Ryan finally delivers for the Sworn D, it likely won't happen again koolaid.gif

I didn't realize Romo was the third highest score of the week lol. Would have had the highest team score with AP, oh well.

My other league is ESPN, I wouldn't even want to read a recap of my 2.8 point loss to the defending champs there. My lead would be 'anyone named Fred (Jackson and Davis) sucked this week' :P I also left Ridley on the bench there because it's a PPR and I only had one other Flex spot I could have put him but now it looks like he's playing there too lol.

Made a mistake in not starting C.J. Spiller, who ranked seventh in the league in scoring and topped his scoring projection by 388.5%, the seventh-highest percentage in the league.

:rofl:

With how he was touting Spiller all off-season, then how he fell off the wagon at the speed of gravity....that's priceless B )

A little help here guys. I'm in a six team league, missed out on one of the three elite guys and drafted big at RB (McCoy, Rice, Charles) even though its a no-flex, two RB league. Rice and McCoy are my starters until one gets hurt or a terrible match up or something.

Not sure who to start at QB this week. I have Peyton, Vick, and Ryan. Leaning to Peyton now cause he's more of a sure thing, seems to have the best match up, and is playing in a dome. Plus, I am going to sit Jennings for Thomas this week at WR with Julio Jones and AJ Green also starting.

I drafted Buffalo SOLELY for the match up with the Jets last week. -2 points. Dropped them, enter New England.

I have absolutely no experience in 6 man leagues... I can't even fathom how match ups look :)

I'm taking you were the last to take a QB? Brees-Rodgers-Brady.... Newton-Stafford... then you have Eli-Ryan-Romo-Peyton-Vick, etc

I like Matt Ryan over Peyton Manning in the head to head... as I think both will be airing it out. So it's really which side of the matchup you want to be on. Vick is so hit and miss, I wouldn't even want him on my team in a league that small.

Edited by aylbert

Thank goodness CRASHER starrted Cutler, canceled out half the good the Green Bay defense did for him :P

You can't blame Cutler, his receivers killed him. It looked like a new offense and WR's seemed to be running the wrong routes all night.

I can also see why Miami and Denver "dropped" Marshall.

You can't blame Cutler, his receivers killed him. It looked like a new offense and WR's seemed to be running the wrong routes all night.

I can also see why Miami and Denver "dropped" Marshall.

At least one future HOF'er disagrees:

Moments after the game, (Charles) Woodson told ESPN’s Rachel Nichols: “Heard some talk out of the Bears: Packers secondary not working coverage, bigger receivers ... we heard about it. We understand that Jay is excited about his new weapons, but it’s the same old Jay. We don’t need luck. Jay will throw us the ball.”

Moments after the game, (Charles) Woodson told ESPN’s Rachel Nichols: “Heard some talk out of the Bears: Packers secondary not working coverage, bigger receivers ... we heard about it. We understand that Jay is excited about his new weapons, but it’s the same old Jay. We don’t need luck. Jay will throw us the ball.”

So it took an actual NFL player to talk smack here?

We're awesome :)

I DID get 28 points from my 3 players....if it had been Cutler getting 20, Forte getting 8, and the D getting none...I'd be happy with it.....so I gotta take the points as I get 'em

ALL HAIL CALVIN-TRON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought it would be more than that actually lol, Cutler with 15-20, Forte with 10-15 and the Packers chipping in with a handful of points from sacks/turnovers. My other league I was also playing against Rodgers so I didn't mind the game was much lower scoring than I feared it would be.

Still gotta do well Sunday though, always some s*it happens when I play you, whether it's my back fumbling at the one-yard line to lose a championship, or losing by like .15 last year :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

Still gotta do well Sunday though, always some s*it happens when I play you, whether it's my back fumbling at the one-yard line to lose a championship, or losing by like .15 last year :P

Vick KEEPS FOR THE WIN!!!! :wub:

Untrue, and why not?? Opportunity comes to those who make it, and why shouldn't the guy on top of his game and knowing what's going on have an edge over the guy who has a random number in a waiver list? (hence my team name :P )

and if it's event driven, the first to witness the event SHOULD have an advantage....knowledge is power....

I find it to be a bummer merely b/c I work a sh!tload of weekends and nights & I rarely get to watch games live. And I never have access to perform a d/a from work as "fantasy" football is blocked, making it impossible to "take the advantage" even if I happen to be the first/only person to witness an "event"

So, I'll just continue to muddle thru and hope the ffb gods smile on me and allow me to make a big d/a with the scraps left by you weekend couch jockeys. smilydev.gif

Rice and McCoy are my starters until one gets hurt or a terrible match up or something.

Not sure who to start at QB this week. I have Peyton, Vick, and Ryan. Leaning to Peyton now cause he's more of a sure thing, seems to have the best match up, and is playing in a dome. Plus, I am going to sit Jennings for Thomas this week at WR with Julio Jones and AJ Green also starting.

A. I would never let a "terrible matchup" bench 1 of your top 2 RB's.

B. I like both Peyton and Matty, but Atlanta has better weapons imo so I'd start Ryan over Manning.

nice try on the bills D move. sad that didn't turn out better for you.

ALL HAIL CALVIN-TRON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May the Madden Curse come to fruition! lockdsmiley.gif

If it isn't too much trouble, would someone (like whoever I'm playing against) please cut and paste the lineups from our matchup on here? I can not even look at the site at work but would like to have some notion of what's going on. moosegrin.gif & didn't have the time to print it up this morning.

....Or email it to me.

Edited by Masked Fan