matteau signed to 3 year ELC

sundstrom

I agree that if they think he's ready, then so be it. However, I just hope they don't rush the kid and stunt/destroy his long term development. I/M/O, the worst thing for a 18-19 year old would be to play 4-6 minutes per game in a 3rd or 4th line role, when he could be getting major minutes in Juniors or the AHL like Henrique did.

I agree that if they think he's ready, then so be it. However, I just hope they don't rush the kid and stunt/destroy his long term development. I/M/O, the worst thing for a 18-19 year old would be to play 4-6 minutes per game in a 3rd or 4th line role, when he could be getting major minutes in Juniors or the AHL like Henrique did.

I'm hoping they don't rush him either. I'm looking at this as more that they feel he could compete for a spot and that they will give him a shot.

Edited by Devil Dan 56

Now that we have to deal with that punk Wayne Simmonds for the next 6 years hopefully Matteau will be his nemesis! Someone will have to deal with him eventually, they can't skate away from everything he pulls during the regular season. It would be awesome if Matteau can be that type of player for us (sit right in front of the net, tough, physical, can fight).