Nash or Parise?

caron14

Show me a play where Nash has half the hustle as Parise does at the beginning of this video on the backcheck.

I can't believe Nash vs. Parise is even a question,

Parise is our Captain and there's not a doubt in my mind he'll stay.

Edited by cgb6397

find me a video where parise can dangle like that

While this is one of the nicest goals I've seen in a while, there's a ton of luck here in addition to the skill. Nash will do something like that a couple times a year, but Parise's hard work and effective backchecking happens all game every game. Nash is good, but not someone I'd prefer to Parise. Nor is he someone I'd want to give up some combination of Henrique/Josefson/Merrill for.

I have nothing against Nash, but Zach is a more complete player (backchecking, pk), a better leader, and one of the hardest workers in the league. If they were both UFA, I'd still want Zach. Since getting Nash would require us to give up assets, it's not even close.

• Like 1

find me a video where parise can dangle like that

Okay, Nash has skill I can give him that but no goal or deke can match the heart and hustle Parise has shown us his entire time in New Jersey.

If skill is a concern (which it shouldn't be at all) reeling in Parenteau would make our forward lines unstoppable

I think we have all watched Parise for so long that it is hard to envision this team without him, especially if he is playing for another team. What I do want to point out though is the Kings. Look at that Line-up, you have a bunch of forwards with size and skill with Kopi, Brown, Carter, even Stoll and Penner have some skill. We lack that big man with skill, yeah we have Zubrus and may have Poni again next season, but are they really as game breaking and skilled as Nash can be? How could you bring the same level of play to the table every night, if the organization you play for hasn't done much with the team around you. Losing sucks, try it season after season and you lose that desire. What has Nash really had to play for? If we were sh!tty every season since we've had Zach, I'm sure he wouldn't play with that much hard work on a shift to shift basis, let alone a night to night basis.

For the record, I want Zach back, but if he walks, we should pursue Nash giving as little as possible to keep the team competitive.

Edited by Jerseydevils0324

I think we have all watched Parise for so long that it is hard to envision this team without him, especially if he is playing for another team. What I do want to point out though is the Kings. Look at that Line-up, you have a bunch of forwards with size and skill with Kopi, Brown, Carter, even Stoll and Penner have some skill. We lack that big man with skill, yeah we have Zubrus and may have Poni again next season, but are they really as game breaking and skilled as Nash can be? How could you bring the same level of play to the table every night, if the organization you play for hasn't done much with the team around you. Losing sucks, try it season after season and you lose that desire. What has Nash really had to play for? If we were sh!tty every season since we've had Zach, I'm sure he wouldn't play with that much hard work on a shift to shift basis, let alone a night to night basis.

For the record, I want Zach back, but if he walks, we should pursue Nash giving as little as possible to keep the team competitive.

+1

This is how the question should have been asked. If we lose Zach, would Nash be a good fit/replacement.

Edited by Z-Man

We have Kovy, who is probably more talented than Nash and a game changer. We know the kind of hustle and heart Kovy brings in big games, unfortunately he was badly injured so we didnt get to see his full potential these playoffs.

Exactly. Kovy is the same type of player as Nash. Only difference is Nash is a complete liability on defense. Parise is a complete 2 way forward. I wouldn't be upset with Nash on the Devils. Kovy-Elias-Nash would be an impressive first line but I think the Devils are much, much better off with Parise.

Its hard for me to say how good Nash would be on a team with more talent than Columbus has had but I would prefer Parise no doubt. We'd know what we're getting with him where with Nash its kind of uncertain. Yes Nash is very talented but I don't think of him as a complete player the way Parise is. Plus Columbus apparently wants crazy player packages in return. I am curious to see what Nash eventually goes for after the free agent frenzy dies down a bit.