Photo

Lockout 2012-2013 (Hockey's back!)

• Please log in to reply
1718 replies to this topic

Poll: Lockout 2012-2013 (Hockey's back!) (130 member(s) have cast votes)

When will we see hockey?

1. Oct 12 (10 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

2. Nov 12 (19 votes [14.62%])

Percentage of vote: 14.62%

3. Dec 12 (26 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

4. Jan 13 (33 votes [25.38%])

Percentage of vote: 25.38%

5. Feb 13 (1 votes [0.77%])

Percentage of vote: 0.77%

6. Mar 13 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Apr 13 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. Oct 13 (14 votes [10.77%])

Percentage of vote: 10.77%

9. Never (27 votes [20.77%])

Percentage of vote: 20.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1601 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,994 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

I don't honestly care if the last few years of Kovy's contract are miserable.

The team's already gotten to the finals once during the tenure, I'd be pretty satisfied with the contract if the team sees the SCF at least once or twice more during its length.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#1602 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

I'm still really hoping against hope that Lou brings another forward over via trade or UFA before the season begins. I think he was totally caught off guard with Zach high-tailing it to Minnesota.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#1603 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,907 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

I'm still really hoping against hope that Lou brings another forward over via trade or UFA before the season begins. I think he was totally caught off guard with Zach high-tailing it to Minnesota.

well its like waiting last minute for your xmas shopping... you can be surprised and in deep sh!t lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#1604 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

If would be cool if the Devils hosted a BBQ for STH so they could pick up their tickets instead of mailing them!

#1605 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,156 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

If would be cool if the Devils hosted a BBQ for STH so they could pick up their tickets instead of mailing them!

Would be even cooler if they gave us refunds for the first 2 home games in case people can't make it cause of prior commitments or work due to all this nonsense.

#1606 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

Would be even cooler if they gave us refunds for the first 2 home games in case people can't make it cause of prior commitments or work due to all this nonsense.

Dude, do we really have to go back to the infinite amount of posts saying you were boycotting regardless if there was a season, once they started canceling games? We all love the sport, we all love the Devils, we ALL want to be in Prudential Center doing what we enjoy most...that's Devils hockey and rooting for a win with our team and fellow fans.

Enjoy it, go to the games. I'm pretty sure you have a pretty good idea of which dates the games are going to be played. They've already said they are going as close to original schedule as possible. Figure 22nd is first home game, 15th IF they push a 50 game season. No need for dramatics, time to celebrate!

1dun.jpg

#1607 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

Nephew told me about season starting soon. He can't wait to see the games being played... Guess I will be going to a few games with him... Well until my little guy can go in a few years :)

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#1608 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

I can't believe some of you didn't find out from facebook, NJDevs.com posted early this AM the season was saved. You should be friends with us!

We only post important stuff, promise! :)

https://www.facebook.com/NJDevs

#1609 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

I don't buy that he got caught off guard. There wasn't much he could have done without keeping Zach. He tried, he got beat, and thankfully he didn't make any bad signings to fill a spot like Rolston after Gomez. We may suffer briefly do to losing Zach, but IMO we'll be able to fill out a good roster long term with the pieces we have and the cap space we have with Zach gone (small consolation, but still).

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#1610 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,156 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

Dude, do we really have to go back to the infinite amount of posts saying you were boycotting regardless if there was a season, once they started canceling games? We all love the sport, we all love the Devils, we ALL want to be in Prudential Center doing what we enjoy most...that's Devils hockey and rooting for a win with our team and fellow fans.

Enjoy it, go to the games. I'm pretty sure you have a pretty good idea of which dates the games are going to be played. They've already said they are going as close to original schedule as possible. Figure 22nd is first home game, 15th IF they push a 50 game season. No need for dramatics, time to celebrate!

Yeah feel free to go ahead cause that wasn't me. I said a few times that if the entire season and playoffs was canceled then I wouldn't have been back.

#1611 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

I don't buy that he got caught off guard. There wasn't much he could have done without keeping Zach. He tried, he got beat, and thankfully he didn't make any bad signings to fill a spot like Rolston after Gomez. We may suffer briefly do to losing Zach, but IMO we'll be able to fill out a good roster long term with the pieces we have and the cap space we have with Zach gone (small consolation, but still).

I think at least it was a mix of getting caught of guard and being cautious due to the new CBA and ownership situation.
I just hope the CBA and ownership truly was holding Lou back from bringing in more talent so now he has a clear opening and cap space to bring someone over. What we have now on offense is not enough to make us competitive.

Edited by CarpathianForest, 06 January 2013 - 09:05 PM.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#1612 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,986 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

While I can appreciate Devils fans' excitement about the end of the lockout, I myself am not ready to forgive and forget so easily.

I'm sticking with Just Drop It. I'll see where my head's at after 10 games minimum.

#1613 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

Yeah feel free to go ahead cause that wasn't me. I said a few times that if the entire season and playoffs was canceled then I wouldn't have been back.

And you're still saying and ho and humming you won't come back all along..dude give it up. You said from the start if 1 game was cancelled you'd be out and that changed.

While I can appreciate Devils fans' excitement about the end of the lockout, I myself am not ready to forgive and forget so easily.

I'm sticking with Just Drop It. I'll see where my head's at after 10 games minimum.

I get it, but realistically...the Devils were NOT involved in any way shape or form in this...let it go. Support your team. Period, The End.

1dun.jpg

#1614 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,758 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

I get it, but realistically...the Devils were NOT involved in any way shape or form in this...let it go. Support your team. Period, The End.

The Devils, along with every other NHL team, voted in favor of the lockout. If they wanted to express token support for not locking out, they could have done so.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#1615 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,271 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

And you're still saying and ho and humming you won't come back all along..dude give it up. You said from the start if 1 game was cancelled you'd be out and that changed.

I don't remember who said what or when since this has been a wild ride but I don't think its right to harp on Satans Hockey. This guy has supported the Devils for a long time, been a season ticket holder, and even organized a group where fans could go be in a section together with other fans to be loud and cheer on the team. He has every right to be pissed and make whatever decision he feels is right.

We're all Devils fans here so I'm not trying to start a fight (especially with you because I like you as a poster) but I think everyone should be able to have whatever reaction they want. I don't think any poster on here wants to knock on the Devils but its the only way a lot of people can express themselves.

I have to admit, I liked the whole Just Drop It idea but now that hockey is back, I am considering being a hypocrit and going back on my pledge. No matter how hurt and pissed I am over this and know we will be back here in 8 years, I just don't know if I can stay away from the game on tv. For that, I hate myself a little bit.

Edited by thefiestygoat, 06 January 2013 - 11:58 PM.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#1616 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

I guess I am just a bit more forgiving about labor disputes than others. Overall both the NHL players and owners lost out as they lost money this year and hurt some fans that will not spend money the might have otherwise on NHL related items.

This all being said will not stop me from watching the devils as it can't be worse than being a Met fan where I hate my owners and wish they would just sell out....

#1617 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

I can't believe some of you didn't find out from facebook, NJDevs.com posted early this AM the season was saved. You should be friends with us!

We only post important stuff, promise! :)

https://www.facebook.com/NJDevs

well I found on facetube, because you guys.

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#1618 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

I guess I am just a bit more forgiving about labor disputes than others. Overall both the NHL players and owners lost out as they lost money this year and hurt some fans that will not spend money the might have otherwise on NHL related items.

This all being said will not stop me from watching the devils as it can't be worse than being a Met fan where I hate my owners and wish they would just sell out....

I'm pretty sure the Devils fan in me just feels sorry for the Mets fan in me.
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#1619 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,758 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

I have to admit, I liked the whole Just Drop It idea but now that hockey is back, I am considering being a hypocrit and going back on my pledge. No matter how hurt and pissed I am over this and know we will be back here in 8 years, I just don't know if I can stay away from the game on tv. For that, I hate myself a little bit.

If one of these boycotts somehow works and people stay away, *maybe* in eight years you get hockey back that you wouldn't have. In return, you drop hockey now. I don't really get it - I get being upset and finding no pleasure in watching, but if you're denying yourself pleasure in watching, you're only hurting yourself.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#1620 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,271 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

If one of these boycotts somehow works and people stay away, *maybe* in eight years you get hockey back that you wouldn't have. In return, you drop hockey now. I don't really get it - I get being upset and finding no pleasure in watching, but if you're denying yourself pleasure in watching, you're only hurting yourself.

I definitely see what you are saying. I feel like whatever decision I make is the wrong decision so I might as well choose the wrong decision that allows me to watch the Devils. Essentially I'm just going to accept the fact that I am the NHL's bitch and will be for the rest of my life.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users