KR-AV Jersey Auction anyone get one?

Dead

Dude, do me a favor and yourself a favor before you get more collectors here down your throat.

Quit while your ahead (or behind).

What before you start the childish name calling again.

I don't know the collectors on here, i do know some and i understand whats involved.

The fact is that some people on here jump on anyone who comments on things that is going on in the collectors world, and come off with the high and mighty attitude.

Its happened before, and no doubt it will happen again.

What before you start the childish name calling again.

I don't know the collectors on here, i do know some and i understand whats involved.

The fact is that some people on here jump on anyone who comments on things that is going on in the collectors world, and come off with the high and mighty attitude.

Its happened before, and no doubt it will happen again.

First, you don't know the collectors on here or the hobby, but you still feel qualified to inquisition. Knowing "some" collectors isn't knowing the hobby or enough to throw generalizations out.

I'll say it again. Collectors that often take offense are taking offense to the small minority of those who do not know what they are talking about. Those people feel the need to talk without dealing in FACTS, assume and point fingers especailly in something they are not involved in or have no interest in. Then those same people do not care to listen to FACT or learn anything.

The collectors here have helped many people on this board and done deals with many people on this board. Our reps as sellers/buyers/collectors are about as good as you can get. But, i am sure you already knew that.

Edited by SJP20

Ill venture into one of these dangerous collector's threads just to re-ask a previous question..

Why do the team signatures lessen the value of the jersey?

Even though I am not much of a collector, I will venture a guess.

I think it has to do with the signatures taking away from the game-worn uniqueness of the jersey. What I mean is that with the signatures the jersey looks less like it did when it came right off the player's back than some jersey you could get anywhere and have the team sign it over the years.

I guess it is kinda like what they say about antiques and that you should never ever get them cleaned unless you have spoken to a professional about what it will do to the value. A lot of times if you clean something that is really old, it will lessen the value because it doesn't have the natural age that comes with the item that makes it unique and valuable.

Ill venture into one of these dangerous collector's threads just to re-ask a previous question..

Why do the team signatures lessen the value of the jersey?

Serious collectors like the jersey to come to them like it came off the ice. (washed, too, for health reasons although the Devils didn't wash the Retro jerseys in 2010 and 2011).

Adding a signature changes the jersey from the way it left the ice. It's adding something that wasn't there or should be a part of the jersey on the ice. Why spend hundreds and thousands of dollars on a game worn jersey to autograph it when you can buy a non-gamer for way way less and sign it?

As far as value goes, a signature can and will devalue the jersey. Same thing holds true in sports cards when a player has a rookie card auto'd. You're taking an item thats held to a different standard and modifying it, wether it's a rookie card or game worn jersey. That's the hobby. That's the way it's been before and will be after we're all gone. It's a practice that's been followed. Don't shoot the messengers!

IMO, it begins and ends with preference. It's just something that should be thought through first. Unless you're buried with the jersey, you're going to take a bath on it resale wise should you need to ever sell. Since life is unpredictable at best, it is a smart thing to keep in mind. If you feel the need to sign a gamer, most serious collectors will accept a jersey signed on the fight strap or behind the crest.

I've bought signed gamers for well below market values and had the auto's removed safely and without damage. You just can't do that with these types.

• Like 1

I'll say it again. Collectors that often take offense are taking offense to the small minority of those who do not know what they are talking about. Those people feel the need to talk without dealing in FACTS, assume and point fingers especailly in something they are not involved in or have no interest in. Then those same people do not care to listen to FACT or learn anything.

Paying 1000 beans for a sweaty jersey off Fayne's back...nice.

Exibit A.

Because these people are psychopaths.

Exibit B.

Edited by SJP20
  • Like 1

First, you don't know the collectors on here or the hobby, but you still feel qualified to inquisition. Knowing "some" collectors isn't knowing the hobby or enough to throw generalizations out.

The collectors here have helped many people on this board and done deals with many people on this board. Our reps as sellers/buyers/collectors are about as good as you can get. But, i am sure you already knew that.

No i don't really know them, just lead by your shining example of being totally offended by everything.There really isn't anything here other than my oppinion.

I will keep this simple, the post that i initially responded to came across as pathetic, for the reasosn that i mentioned,i get the general feeling from reading around these forums there is a certain elitist attituded that hangs over your particular hobby. Anoyne who is not a collector can't say anything. If you do, you are wither accused of not understanding or you get called an a$$hole.

Basically you have completely lived up to expectation in this thread.

And thats the end of it.

No i don't really know them, just lead by your shining example of being totally offended by everything.There really isn't anything here other than my oppinion.

I will keep this simple, the post that i initially responded to came across as pathetic, for the reasosn that i mentioned,i get the general feeling from reading around these forums there is a certain elitist attituded that hangs over your particular hobby. Anoyne who is not a collector can't say anything. If you do, you are wither accused of not understanding or you get called an a$$hole.

Basically you have completely lived up to expectation in this thread.

That's great. Instead, you decided that whatever has been said, for better or worse, wasn't good enough and continued on to the point of now calling others "elitist".

You already assumed wrongly Chorske was talking about something else which he had to correct you on. So right off the bat, you came out strike one. On top of the finger pointing and assumptions also comes along a pre-concieved notion of collectors on your end. Why? Most likely because we have to constantly argue and battle with people who would rather clown then learn/understand which is more often then not a losing proposition.

And thats the end of it.

Are you sure? I would hate for you to call us/me more judgmental things based on what we do with our money.

Edited by SJP20
  • Like 1

Here is what people need to understand.

-Those of us who collect hockey jerseys are no different than those who collect Star Wars stuff, coins, stamps, Barbie Dolls, or anything else. We choose how we spend our disposable income. Some collectors are more into it than others based upon income, families, and what else they like and do.

-As for autographs on jerseys... You can do whatever you want to do. There is a substantial amount of collectors who frown upon it. WHY? Because they want the jersey to be exactly the way it was when it came off the ice. Getting an autograph means nothing to me on the back other than I don't want the shirt. Also take into account that if an autograph made it more valuable, wouldn't a LOT more fake autographs wind up on jerseys? Granted with the Devils auctions the autographs come from the players themselves, but what about Joe Schmo selling a David Clarkson rookie jersey with an autograph on it. IS it real? Maybe. Why would you fake a Clarkson autograph, why not who is going to question it? It is just an issue I'd rather not get involved with, but do what you want it is your jersey. Just know, I'll never want one in my collection.