Doc Emrick joins NBC, has left MSG.

ZeroGravityFat

Ok i have come up with a solution (pattent pending)

You know you get those sound boards, like the Arnie one(http://www.crocopuffs.com/soundboard/arnold.html)where it has all his famous movie quotes on it, And when you press the button it says the quote (my favourite Arnie one is "Who said you could eat my cookies!!!"?

Well we make one of Doc's comentary, then game time comes, turn off the sound and prss the appropriate button for what you see on the screen.

We can start of with the a few sound clips of the fundimental calls:

"Save, Broduer"

"and another save"

"all alone, walks in"

"with the drive"

"long pass up to"

"motors ahead"

And then just have him saying all the players names.

You get the idea.

Does anyone here have the technical competancy to pull this off???

As you can tell i don't like change.

that would be an amazing app. i already have an archer one that amuses me to no end.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget 'Tussling in the corner'

'Knifed up the boards'

Oh man there are so many of these

that would be an amazing app. i already have an archer one that amuses me to no end.

Anddddd downloaded

Edited by Devilsfan118

I find that hard to believe, not saying your lying. I basically mean how is a Devils announcer team our biggest rival? Seems suspicious

I met his cousin who is a cop down in Rumson/Fair Haven who told me Steve is a big Rangers fan.

Not saying its the worst thing ever, and of course you're gonna work where you can get a job, but I'd much rather not have a Rangers fan calling every game.

such a sad moment for the organization... seriously... its not gonna be the same... will be weird in a few years... no Brodeur and No Doc... :(

Probably no Lou sooner than later. He was mulling retirement years ago according to Marty's book. The day will come one day. It's gonna be strange times with a new voice talking about a team put together by some new GM backstopped by some stranger in net haha.

I'm a Devils fan, but if the Flyers hire me to do play-by-play, I'd be there in a heart beat and I'd be hoping the Flyers do well. I'm sure Steve, or any other announcer would feel the same. After the Flyers were eliminated, which they usually are, I'd root for the Devils again.

Bottom line, the team that helps me feed my family, gets loyalty over anything else.

I met his cousin who is a cop down in Rumson/Fair Haven who told me Steve is a big Rangers fan.

Not saying its the worst thing ever, and of course you're gonna work where you can get a job, but I'd much rather not have a Rangers fan calling every game.

Edited by twillms73

I can tell you for a fact that Steve Goldstein the TV PBP guy for the Panthers has been offered the job to replace Doc. Steve is a great guy and I know him personally. He grew up in the NY/NJ area. He got the call about the offer on Thursday night, and is currently mulling his options as he still has a contract with the Panthers and has a family down here in Miami and is not sure he wants to move them up to NJ.

I can tell you for a fact that Steve Goldstein the TV PBP guy for the Panthers has been offered the job to replace Doc. Steve is a great guy and I know him personally. He grew up in the NY/NJ area. He got the call about the offer on Thursday night, and is currently mulling his options as he still has a contract with the Panthers and has a family down here in Miami and is not sure he wants to move them up to NJ.

Well we have their coach so why not? He isn't "THE BOOTH, THE BOOTH, THE BOOTH IS ON FIRE!" guy is he?

might not have a choice in a few years, since the panthers seem pretty likely to move.

Being a die-hard Dolphins fan, I'm very familiar with Goldy. He's a good talk show host, and I've been listening to him for years on WQAM. Good PBP guy too. He grew up a Ranger fan, which I know for a fact, but whatever- I like Goldy. I wouldn't mind this.

Well we have their coach so why not? He isn't "THE BOOTH, THE BOOTH, THE BOOTH IS ON FIRE!" guy is he?

No, that's Randy Moller, their radio PBP guy.

Edited by MadDog2020

The Panthers PBP guy? I knew it would be a downgrade regardless, but that would be a huge downgrade.

Why? I'll admit I'm not familiar with him, but I'm hoping the opinion is based on the quality of his work and not because he's employed by the Panthers.

Guys, we have to remember that Doc is one of the best out there, if not the best. Just about anyone who would replace him isn't going to be as good as he is, and it wouldn't be fair to bash the new guy because of that.

Why? I'll admit I'm not familiar with him, but I'm hoping the opinion is based on the quality of his work and not because he's employed by the Panthers.

Guys, we have to remember that Doc is one of the best out there, if not the best. Just about anyone who would replace him isn't going to be as good as he is, and it wouldn't be fair to bash the new guy because of that.

my standard will not be on the emrick scale, but rather on the cangelosi scale.

Going to really miss Doc as he had a great 21-year run here with the Devils. I do hope the Devils get some games on Versus and NBC this season and seasons to come. Doc is the best in the business and will be sorely missed.

I would like to see Gary Thorne comeback to the Devils and replace Doc. Thorne is somewhat like Doc as they both leave you on the edge of your seat watching games. LaGrecca wouldn't be a bad choice either.