1043 replies to this topic

#1 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:34 AM

Ok the Prudential Center being whored out to the likes of Budweiser has inspired me to start a thread discussing your favorite beers. Yes, I suppose I am a beer snob....I dont think there is anything wrong with liking beer that does not taste like goat urine.

Here are some of my favorites:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

AND MANY MORE
"If you don't think drugs have done good things for us, then take all of your records, tapes and CD's and burn them" - Bill Hicks
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out."
-Bill Hicks

"Facts are stupid things" - President Ronald Reagan

Posted Image

#2 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:41 AM

I guess I'm wondering if the beer discussion can be held without the picfest. This is NJDevs, not the menu board at McDonald's.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#3 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:52 AM

I guess I'm wondering if the beer discussion can be held without the picfest. This is NJDevs, not the menu board at McDonald's.

They dont sell beer at McDonalds sillypants
"If you don't think drugs have done good things for us, then take all of your records, tapes and CD's and burn them" - Bill Hicks
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out."
-Bill Hicks

Posted Image

#4 bostondevil11

bostondevil11

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:53 AM

Good beer is for the rich. I am cheap so at teh bar Miller High LIfe. At home mostly Black Label. When I come back from PA I get teh Yuengling Lord Chesterfield. During hockey season I will get Labat's.
I also like getting the Ballentines Bottles because they have the fancy puzzles under the cap.
Posted Image

#5 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:55 AM

Good beer is for the rich. I am cheap so at teh bar Miller High LIfe. At home mostly Black Label. When I come back from PA I get teh Yuengling Lord Chesterfield. During hockey season I will get Labat's.
I also like getting the Ballentines Bottles because they have the fancy puzzles under the cap.

Its more about what you like to spend your money on..Id rather pay an extra 3 dollars for a six pack of good beer than drink 'fast brewed' garbage that isnt even really beer
-Bill Hicks

Posted Image

#6 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:06 AM

Life is too short

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#7 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:10 AM

Life is too short

If thats your house I hope you invite me over
-Bill Hicks

Posted Image

#8 bostondevil11

bostondevil11

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:10 AM

Its more about what you like to spend your money on..Id rather pay an extra 3 dollars for a six pack of good beer than drink 'fast brewed' garbage that isnt even really beer

Quantity over quality is my theory. I used to be a beer snob. Every so often I treat myself to a good beer. ONe of my favorites that will be coming out soon again is teh Dogfish Head Punkin Ale. I am also a big fan of Christmas beers SAmuel Smith's being my favorite.

#9 GA Devil

GA Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:19 AM

That Rogue is good stuff, TD. Reno has a couple of beer-centric events every year, and the crew from Newport almost always makes the trip. Like I said, good stuff, although I much prefer the ale on tap than in a bottle.

Barring that, give me a Stella Artois or a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.
Let the celebration begin in the Daneyko household!!!!

#10 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,961 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:20 AM

Life is too short

Nice tap bro!!
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#11 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:22 AM

Quantity over quality is my theory. I used to be a beer snob. Every so often I treat myself to a good beer. ONe of my favorites that will be coming out soon again is teh Dogfish Head Punkin Ale. I am also a big fan of Christmas beers SAmuel Smith's being my favorite.

Dont worry, you werent a beer snob....christmas beers hahahah :puke: :puke: :puke:
-Bill Hicks

Posted Image

#12 bostondevil11

bostondevil11

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:36 AM

Dont worry, you werent a beer snob....christmas beers hahahah :puke: :puke: :puke:

Have you ever had teh Samuel Smiths? It isn't like the crap ones the Sam Adams makes. Sierra Nevada's Celebration Ale used to be fantastic but they have changed it recently and it isn't nearly as high in alcohol content. Glad to see you are the judge of who is a beer snob or not but in my days I pretty much only drank Belgium and English beers. Eh, I am happy with my Black Label these days.

#13 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:10 AM

Lindros Drunk..:P

Attached Files

Posted Image

#14 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:17 AM

Have you ever had teh Samuel Smiths? It isn't like the crap ones the Sam Adams makes. Sierra Nevada's Celebration Ale used to be fantastic but they have changed it recently and it isn't nearly as high in alcohol content. Glad to see you are the judge of who is a beer snob or not but in my days I pretty much only drank Belgium and English beers. Eh, I am happy with my Black Label these days.

Nah I never tried their Christmas beer....But the Sameul Smith Nut Brown is really tasty

Well I was just poking fun at my own beer snobbery.
But I just dont like beers that have cinnamon and spice and everything nice and all that in them.
I prefer just hoppy normal beers, or really good stouts.

That Weyerbacher stout is really good, but the Brooklyn Black Chocolate stout is my favorite, plus its 9.8% I believe, so you drink 4 of them and your pretty drunk

And that said, I still will drink Miller lite when a) im golfing and its hot out or b) I am really broke

Edited by TrentonDevils, 07 August 2007 - 11:19 AM.

-Bill Hicks

Posted Image

#15 bostondevil11

bostondevil11

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:22 AM

Well I was just poking fun at my own beer snobbery.
But I just dont like beers that have cinnamon and spice and everything nice and all that in them.
I prefer just hoppy normal beers, or really good stouts.

That Weyerbacher stout is really good, but the Brooklyn Black Chocolate stout is my favorite

And that said, I still will drink Miller lite when a) im golfing and its hot out or b) I am really broke

Yeah the Samuel Smiths doesn't have all that spice you find in a lot of US micro brew christmas ales.

Yeah that Brooklyn black stout is pretty awesome.

I like to drink too much to be able to afford to always drink good beer.

#16 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:26 AM

Yeah the Samuel Smiths doesn't have all that spice you find in a lot of US micro brew christmas ales.

Yeah that Brooklyn black stout is pretty awesome.

I like to drink too much to be able to afford to always drink good beer.

Beer accounts for a large part of my budget hahaha
But Ive also been on a wine kick lately...Big Pinot Noir fan.

Also the bar I go to is sweet, been going there forever, and I know all the bartenders..Ill rack up a 40 or 50 dollar tab and the bartender will be like...."ehhhh 12 bucks" so then I give him 25 and its a beautiful symbiotic relationship
-Bill Hicks

Posted Image

#17 South Jersey Devs Fan

South Jersey Devs Fan

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:37 AM

With ya on the Bass and Boddingtons (didn't know anybody else liked Boddingtons--it is a real sleeper). Haven't tried some of the others you pictured so....Project!
Posted Image
"Martin Brodeur is the gold standard of goaltending -- the model of character, consistency and commitment to the craft. A champion. A winner above all.

"It is difficult to imagine any player who is more universally, and deservedly, respected. The National Hockey League is extremely proud of Martin, his historic achievement and his enduring contribution to our game."

#18 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:42 AM

Give me a Yuengling and I'm set.

I do like Miller in terms of cheap beer.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#19 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:48 AM

With ya on the Bass and Boddingtons (didn't know anybody else liked Boddingtons--it is a real sleeper). Haven't tried some of the others you pictured so....Project!

The two I would say you must try are :

Arrogant Bastard - this beer is just amazingly good.

Rogue Juniper Ale - Its got a faint junipe berry taste that makes it extremely refreshing, while getting you extremely drunk

If you like Stouts....Do the Brooklyn Black Chocolate, but its seasonal so youll have to wait til fall
-Bill Hicks

Posted Image

#20 bostondevil11

bostondevil11

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:53 AM

Give me a Yuengling and I'm set.

I do like Miller in terms of cheap beer.

I love me some Yuengling but I can't get it up here. :(

2 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users