Your thought on today / about the team so far ?

SterioDesign

Remy Giftopolous invited to camp. Anyone know anything? Prob 0% chance he makes anymore than that, just thought I'd mention it.

I wonder if this kid knows someone or something? Nothing about his OHL stats suggest even an AHL deal for him. Nice size at 6'2, 204 but only 73 points, 131 PIM in 169 OHL games and last year as a 19/20 yr old he only had 48 points in 71 games with 61 PIM - so it's not like he is the enforcer type.

I don't know, if this isn't a favor or something than maybe he's some kind of late bloomer that has some attractive qualities in his game. He will be Devils prospect, Ben Johnson's teammate this year so the Devils will be able to keep tabs on him.

I wonder if this kid knows someone or something? Nothing about his OHL stats suggest even an AHL deal for him. Nice size at 6'2, 204 but only 73 points, 131 PIM in 169 OHL games and last year as a 19/20 yr old he only had 48 points in 71 games with 61 PIM - so it's not like he is the enforcer type.

I don't know, if this isn't a favor or something than maybe he's some kind of late bloomer that has some attractive qualities in his game. He will be Devils prospect, Ben Johnson's teammate this year so the Devils will be able to keep tabs on him.

The Devils usually invite someone like this to camp.  Remember they took J.T. Barnett to camp to multiple development camps and at least one regular training camp.  We probably would've said the same thing about Clarkson in 2005.  Obviously not saying that Giftopoulos is another Clarkson but that junior hockey doesn't necessarily get the best out of everyone (and Windsor was awful last year)

Per TG:

Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello said the team has a good relationship with Windsor and was asked to take a look at Giftopoulos in camp. Lamoriello said Giftopoulos will “go back to junior” after camp.

I guess a good way to put my thoughts is.... knowing the organization you cant count them out and with a good system they could be competitive.But lots of guys are gonna have to step up.

That been said, if i really want to win a game on NHL14... i won't pick the devils lol cause on paper we're really not that great

but paper doesnt win games we know that but you also can't ignore that teams winning championship have at least 2 stars on the team or a lot of over average players

Edited by SterioDesign

That been said, if i really want to win a game on NHL14... i won't pick the devils lol cause on paper we're really not that great

z

Olesz got a KILLING shot on NHL14... just sayin'... ; ) 

(so is Zajac.. and Ryder isn't that bad) 

(Larsson is so good compare to NHL13)

(so even on this game... we can't be count out ! )