GDT ECF GAME 6: NEW JERSEY DEVILS VS. RANGERS

ZeroGravityFat

Has Pierre wiped the sand out of his pants yet, with his constant complaining about Bernier's "embellishment" on a stick that actually did hit him in the face? How about Prust's slash that was missed Pierre? Or how about the phantom penalty call on Poni to start the second you f'n twit?

Anyone notice how sad Pierre looked when Torts shook Debo's hand? Priceless.

In a twisted way, it almost feels better that we beat them after giving up the 2-0 lead!

I don't know about better...but it feels like it HAD to happen that way. If we were going to get rid of '94 and the stigma of that series and all the other series against the Rangers since then we were going to have to face down that ghost, and blowing another two-goal lead in Game 6 basically gave us no choice but to either relive history or break the '94 nonsense once and for all.

It almost feels like someone's watching this team from above. Whatever happens in the Finals, this has already been an EPIC run. Beating the Panthers in double OT in Game 7 after blowing nine million leads and staring down the Game 7 ghost from 2009. Beating the Flyers and gaining revenge for '10, and finally the Rangers and putting the Henry owns Marty thing to bed once and for all. Forty years old, and Marty had his two best games of the playoffs when he absolutely needed them...tonight, and Game 7 against Florida. What a thing of beauty.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I just got back from the game. What an amazing night!! I was very worried when the rags tied it but once again the Devils pulled through. I can't wait for Wednesday. We Want The Cup!!

Edited by zachattack9
  • Like 1

this is the biggest thing in my life right now. fvck work, fvck bills, fvck everything else. this is the happiest i've been in about 10 years (go figure).. i love this team, and i love this board. on to the cup finals, man.. it feels like its been so much longer since we've been here. i really don't know what else to say.. im just gonna keep celebrating this tonight and hopefully have something more meaningful to say tomorrow.

I think its about time I post in here. I have stayed away because it seemed to be working out for the team. Eastern Conference Champs!

Devils in 6 to win the c word.

You too man?? I have been avoiding to post on GDT all-season because it seems that when i do post the Devils lose :cheers:

Thank you Coach Burns. :koolaid::cheers:

I had the same thought walking out of the arena, to be honest...that was kind of my vague reference - with the way things have been going around here since last January. Some of these things are just unexplainable...the fourth line being our best line the last two games, blowing five multi-goal leads and STILL winning four of those games, Marty at 40 coming up with his two best playoff games since '03 when we needed them the most - tonight and Game 7 in Florida.

Anyone notice how sad Pierre looked when Torts shook Debo's hand? Priceless.

I think he may have had a tear in his eye . . . . but then again WHO CARES about pierre the one trick one way pony

GREAT DEVILS WIN, an honor to be in the bldg and celebrate with all the fans :)

Also don't know if this was said in here but this was actually the first time we won a series at the Rock and what a way to do it! Especially with the ways we have had series end in the Rock since it's been open. We finally got to truly break in the building tonight.

I almost forgot about that cause we've had so many good moments in this building during this playoff run already. 6-2 record at home so far, the OT wins in Game 6 against Florida and Game 3 against Philly...but yeah, tonight showed how much of a home-ice advantage Newark's really become now.

Even when the game got tied, fans were still encouraging each other in the hallways during the second intermission and the buzz was still there even as the Devils made bizarre play after bizarre play that drove me up a wall (Zidlicky almost drove me to the loony bin for good during the third period giving up that breakway). There really never has been a singular moment like that at home, at least not one that I've been to. 2003 Game 7 was a party throughout but it was just sorta something that builded and builded over time. This exploded all at once.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I think he may have had a tear in his eye . . . . but then again WHO CARES about pierre the one trick one way pony

GREAT DEVILS WIN, an honor to be in the bldg and celebrate with all the fans :)

Overall, I'm exhausted. However, if you'd asked me whether the Devils would be in the Stanley Cup playoffs at the beginning of this playoff ordeal I'm not sure I'd be able to say "yes," with a straight face. Yes, we're playing with house money at this point. And, we beat the Flyers and the Rangers to advance - and I'm not sure it gets any better than that. And to hear Barry Melrose tell us that the "Flyers should be licking their chops" heading into the Devils series and further, to have Melrose enlighten us with the wisdom that the "King" is just too good and that he'll be the primary difference in the EC finals series was icing on the cake for me. And, lo' and behold, Melrose is picking the Kings in 6. Awesome. The Devils may not win the Stanley Cup but I'm not sure I've ever been this proud of a Devils team before.

And how about the irony of Kovy and the Kings/Devils Stanley Cup finals ... you almost can't make that up.