2013 NHL Draft

Derlique

this is one of the main reason why i want a season, just so we can have a higher pick this year. to me its a lost season anyway and we lost way too much during the summer. Zach + coaching staff + Pony, so might as well get a better pick out of this sh!tty situation.

To me its gonna be a transition year and its kinda perfect that it would only be a few months IF there's indeed a season

Edited by SterioDesign

I always figure this time of year is fun as we move closer to the 2nd half of the season and the upcoming WJHC which could make or break a lot of prospects status. Here are a few rankings that came out this month, it should be interesting to see how different (if different) they look in January.

Craig Button's Top 75 (thru 12/4/12, next list 1/7/13)

International Scouting Services December Ranking (uploaded 12/15/12)

Hockey Prospect December Rankings (uploaded 12/14/12)

Future Considerations Rankings (think these are still November's)

Or Brad Richards with LeCavalier. Otherwise, I agree with Tri. Prospects have or don't have success in the NHL in their own right, not because of who they played with in junior.

Agreed. Sometimes it's difficult to differentiate whether the prospect creates their own offense or leaches off another. I guess that's why we have scouts

Anyone have input on Frederik Gauthier, his 6-5 frame stands out. Ranked in the late 1st round, could be a potential pick for us, considering we will probably be drafting later. Or Curtis Lazar. His stock seems to be dropping, but from what I've heard he's a great player. Then again, centre may be the least of our needs on offense, even though centres can be interchangeable on the wing.

Gotta admit having at least one tough, grind-it-out line would make us a tougher team to play against. Matteau - Gauthier (if developed right like I said) - Clarkson is a line that sounds very hard to play against, they could all hit and score.

You have to assume that getting either of those two onto the ice and perform at a level warranting a full time spot, even assuming we'd draft Gauthier, is going to take a good 3-5 years, so who knows what would be going on then. Almost always the better bet to take the more skilled player. You can teach hockey, can't teach natural talent.

You have to assume that getting either of those two onto the ice and perform at a level warranting a full time spot, even assuming we'd draft Gauthier, is going to take a good 3-5 years, so who knows what would be going on then. Almost always the better bet to take the more skilled player. You can teach hockey, can't teach natural talent.

This, but also the Devils have somewhere in the system, Henrique, Josefson, Matteau, Black, Coleman, and Pietila. I won't say that their bottom lines are covered 3-5 years down the road, but it certainly looks like some of these guys will be productive NHLers. Tedenby is in the process of being a bust and there isn't much else in the way of skilled forwards - Gavrus, Kerfoot, I guess - they desperately need them.