GDT NJ Devils vs Carolina canes

caron14

By reading TG twits... you can see that he had lot of fun... and Kovy comment is funny

Kovalchuk: “I should have got an assist because I turned the puck over and I let the guy beat me one on one and then Zid tripped him. "

lol thanks for sharing   kovy got owned right between the legs

Gotta admit, I was worried about Marty's chances to get into the Hall of Fame until last night.  Sure, more wins than anyone else, more games played than anyone else, more shutouts, four Vezinas, three Cups, second all-time in playoff wins, so good with the puck in his own end that rules were added to combat that ability...but would that all be enough?  Now that he's also the leading goal-scoring goaltender of all time, no more worries.  Into the Hall he shall go!

And yes, the above was sarcastic, because someone was bound to miss that. 

Gotta admit, I was worried about Marty's chances to get into the Hall of Fame until last night.  Sure, more wins than anyone else, more games played than anyone else, more shutouts, four Vezinas, three Cups, second all-time in playoff wins, so good with the puck in his own end that rules were added to combat that ability...but would that all be enough?  Now that he's also the leading goal-scoring goaltender of all time, no more worries.  Into the Hall he shall go!

And yes, the above was sarcastic, because someone was bound to miss that. 

Hextall still has more real goals! This is just like the fake shootout wins Brodeur has.

Glad to see our Capt step up, looked years younger last night (silly stick tip excluded)

Harison is officially travis's bitch lol

kovy on D is so funny to watch

marty's a pretty good butterfly goalie when he wants to(show moose how a five hole is covered)

was anyone else relieved every time Semin came in with speed only to peel off

linesmen not only are bad, but they seem to get caught in the puck a lot too. they kept it in our zone 3 or 4 times

i was really satisfied with the guys lately, they didnt always got the win but they we're a lot more fun to watch, not playing the same repetitive play on every chances. They are breaking out of their zone with control and get in the offensive zone with control too most of the time its creating a lot more good chances

Pete's tie -- was last night "Determination" - it looked that way to me but it was hard to tell.  It may have been "Shaft"  I'm waiting fro the page's update with baited breath.  I'm on tinter hooks!

in case you don;t knwo what I'm writing about:  http://devilstiewatch.tumblr.com/

Stevens was status quo -- there's a shocker.  Dave Barr seems to be the only guy enjoying his hockey out there. He's a spaz - is he on uppers or something?  Or does the low key bench just make him seem that way?  I think I'd be like him all cheery and animated chitter chattering all happy like.  I have to admit sometimes I think it's Will Farrell behind the bench.

Edited by Pepperkorn

Time for me to eat some crow regarding Salvador. The last few games he has been extremely solid.  He has cut down on the turnovers, played better defense on 1v1 situations and has done a good job getting in the way of passes and shots. Still hate the contract and am not his biggest fan, but perhaps some of his bad play can be attributed to the lockout

I still have no idea how he got that laceration. 

NHL Network had the Carolina feed for the game, and their TV tandem were sure Clarkson did it.  Then they watched the replay and were as perplexed as the rest of us.

It didn't look like anybody hit him.

Time for me to eat some crow regarding Salvador. The last few games he has been extremely solid.  He has cut down on the turnovers, played better defense on 1v1 situations and has done a good job getting in the way of passes and shots. Still hate the contract and am not his biggest fan, but perhaps some of his bad play can be attributed to the lockout

a213.gif

Edited by Pepperkorn

NHL Network had the Carolina feed for the game, and their TV tandem were sure Clarkson did it.  Then they watched the replay and were as perplexed as the rest of us.

It didn't look like anybody hit him.

Maybe it was on a previous play (which seems even weirder).