GDT-12/18/10 NJD Vs. Atlanta 7:00 PM

Quinn01

I can't wait for people to come here and pin this game on Marty. You know it's coming lmao.

I blame it on Martys Stick. Im sure Clarkson tripped over it after he lost control during warmups causing it to crack. :rolleyes:

Edited by Quinn01

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And one more clueless gaze into space by Johnny Mac before the intermission. Looks like Adam was telling him "We gotta go in the locker room now Johnny. Period's over."

I never thought I'd say this, because I loved the guy as a player, and I'll never forget and always appreciate that goal in '88- but I wanna punch John MacLean in the fvcking face right now. He probably wouldn't get angry at me, so why even worry about him retaliating?

I just feel bad that Marty is gonna go out like this. Had a good career up until this point. This is a major down fall for him.

HE should feel bad. He is a professional athlete and part of that "power" is knowing when the pull the cord on your career or atleast say something to someone and take a bit of a play cut. Moose would have been more then happy to come in and play tonight.

I would have more respect for a player who does that then a player who had 10 great years and then just downgraded to playing like garbage.

HE should feel bad. He is a professional athlete and part of that "power" is knowing when the pull the cord on your career or atleast say something to someone and take a bit of a play cut. Moose would have been more then happy to come in and play tonight.

I would have more respect for a player who does that then a player who had 10 great years and then just downgraded to playing like garbage.

So you want him to take a pay cut? Lmao. How do you suggest he should go about doing that considering he signed a contract?

Oh man.....

Nah not a pay cut a "play cut". He should just realize and admit that he isnt what he used to be and take a seat once in a while. Id rather him play 20 games less and the games that he does play be ready to rock out.

How about a coach on this team or heaven forbid, the general manager putting THEIR foot down and saying buddy, you're just not going to play as much as you have been in the past. Marty only runs the team as much as J-Mac and Lou let him. He's not their bosses, they're his. Of course J-Mac hasn't shown much of an ability to put his foot down about ANYthing other than Kovy missing meetings and Rip Van Lou's been permanently asleep since the Kovy fiasco this summer.

I hope we lose this game 9-0.

Then there can be no more excuses and Lou's hand is forced.

Make that 4 to go

Should have said 5. This crap makes my head spin!

Edited by njdjlc

I hope we lose this game 9-0.

Then there can be no more excuses and Lou's hand is forced.

srsly these little wins here and there between these 4-6 game skids are just delaying the inevitable. we won 3-0 and everyone thought we were gonna go on a 25 game win streak with Mac and these ragged players?

Make that 4 to go

uh. 4+4=8.

yea he looks like sh!t. Thanks for the memories Marty. You're done. Maybe he'll go to Detroit and win another cup there.

Nah not a pay cut a "play cut". He should just realize and admit that he isnt what he used to be and take a seat once in a while. Id rather him play 20 games less and the games that he does play be ready to rock out.

My apologies. I thought you said pay cut.

Whatever the case, goal tending is the least of my concerns with this team. I personally don't think Marty should play 3 out of 4 this late in his career but it really doesn't matter. Having Hedberg, Marty on full rest or Jesus Christ in the net, it just doesn't matter. No goalie would look good behind this team. They're AWFUL on so many levels. Look at this defense. Look at Rolston lmao. I mean it takes them 5 years to just get out of their own end.

When this team starts scoring on a consistent basis and they're losing games due to bad goals against, then I'll worry about who is between the pipes.

Edited by Sickman

So. Anyone against signing Big Buff in the off-season? He's an RFA, but I'm sure Atlanta would let us talk to him. The way I see it we have some hand in their current success, plus they have to have a bit of pity for us.

This vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Flu3MRl72yg

Pretty much sums up our season

Sickman, is absolutely right. Marty isn't playing stellar, but there's not much he can do behind this lineup. Mind you - IT'S RIDICULOUS - given our record that Moose didn't get the start tonight.

I said it last night, and it's something that's not going to be said publicly by anyone on the team...This team has given up this season. It's over.

The team has no reason, and don't say PROFESSIONALISM, to mentally be in it anymore. I wish it wasn't so, but Lou has put on a sh!t show here - and made it worse without making any sort of trades to boost hope/energy/anything.

I said it last night, we're going to see a lot of these games going forward because we have nothing to play for, and everyone else is fighting for a playoff spot.

The only thing to do is trade as many players as we should/can to get young players in the lineup who still have the youthful energy and want to pay for jobs.

Rolston should've been re-entried this week, Zharkov should be up here too.