Sharks Hire Larry Robinson

thefiestygoat

Is the same poster who always take shots at this fan base going to try to take a shot again when not a single bad thing was said about Larry in this thread? Oh wait, he already did. :rolleyes:

Based on some of the posts lately this fanbase needs a few more shots at it. Read the threads on this site.

There's a thread with a dude pissing on a Devils jersey - its is a disrespectful, ban-worthy, embarrassment to this site.

I expect that from Rags and Flyers fans - not us. I understand the shock for a few days - but - Have we become a bunch of whiny spoiled children?

Go ahead, trash me because it says "LA" in my profile - but I'm really surprised at a lot of folks here.

A bunch of posters trying to read tea leaves into press quotes by Parise as to whether he was deceiving the fanbase, attempting to rewrite history with even the most eloquent of posts? They did it to Langs and they're going to do it to Parise. Master conspiracy? Bad Captain? This guy worked harder than anyone else on the ice every night - and every player said so! He was what drove this team.

Can't we thank the guy for his contribution? Can't we repsect his hard work?

I don't care what anyone here says - the most important thing at the end of the day is to be able to hug the people you love. That's what life is about - relationships. Zach wanted to be closer to that, for his future kids and family to be able to be together as a unit.

I'll never criticize that. He's earned it - more than many many players. Wish him the best of success in MIN.

Time served.

Edited by DevilinLA
  • Like 2

Based on some of the posts lately this fanbase needs a few more shots at it. Read the threads on this site.

There's a thread with a dude pissing on a Devils jersey - its is a disrespectful, ban-worthy, embarrassment to this site.

I expect that from Rags and Flyers fans - not us. I understand the shock for a few days - but - Have we become a bunch of whiny spoiled children?

Go ahead, trash me because it says "LA" in my profile - but I'm really surprised at a lot of folks here.

A bunch of posters trying to read tea leaves into press quotes by Parise as to whether he was deceiving the fanbase, attempting to rewrite history with even the most eloquent of posts? They did it to Langs and they're going to do it to Parise. Master conspiracy? Bad Captain? This guy worked harder than anyone else on the ice every night - and every player said so! He was what drove this team.

I don't care what anyone here says - the most important thing at the end of the day is to be able to hug the people you love. That's what life is about - relationships. Zach wanted to be closer to that, for his future kids and family to be able to be together as a unit.

I'll never criticize that. He's earned. Wish him the best of success in MIN.

Time served.

I didn't trash you cause you have LA in your thread but you decided to take shots in this thread in which nobody said a bad thing about Larry. I trashed you cause you have taken numerous shots at this fan base over the years and there was no reason to do it in this thread yet again. Take the Parise sh!t to the 8 other threads about the same topic.

Edited by Satans Hockey

I'll never criticize that. He's earned it - more than many many players. Wish him the best of success in MIN.

Time served.

No offense but you've come on late here and are comparing apples and oranges. It was one poster who pissed on a jersey and no one is congratulating him for it.

I didn't trash you cause you have LA in your thread but you decided to take shots in this thread in which nobody said a bad thing about Larry. I trashed you cause you have taken numerous shots at this fan base over the years and there was no reason to do it in this thread yet again. Take the Parise sh!t to the 8 other threads about the same topic.

Fair enough - wrong place.

I was just hoping people weren't going to continue their anger-fest onto Larry.

But still, ease the hell up. Don't come into this place once a month, kick your feet up on our coffee table, and tell us that we're all bad fans because a few of our fellow members are dopes.

I never "Called out the fanbase, or told anyone the were bad fans". Its clearly referring to the extremes here. People see what they want to see. Read the original post:

"He was skating with his grandkids after practice when the team was practicing in LA for the SCF. They seem to be between 5-8 years old.

He's done SO much for us - he's earned the right to be a Grandpapa the way he sees fit.

Is some disrespectful, spiteful, selfish loser here going to piss on his NJ memorabilia now and post pictures?"

If I want to come here and post once a month, or once a year - what difference does it make. I swear some of you hold grudges on and on and on. I don't know what compels people to debate the poster instead of the content of the post.

I usually don't feel the need as of late to join the discussions- but days of reading the Parise-hate, revisionist history, and the absurd pissing thread really compelled me to respond.

But guys, we signed Krys Barch! Who cares if we lost Zach Parise, Adam Oates, Larry Robinson, a potential first rounder next year, Zharkov went back to Siberia and...... Sniff sniff (excuse me.... I need a minute..... I think I am gonna cry.)

Oh, forget it. I am sure Krys Barch can fill ALL those positions. Yea!

Now gimme that damn pipe before my high wears off.

I wonder why Lou let him (Larry) walk? Maybe we need to move on? If you think about, our playoff success wasn't about "old school" devils hockey. Not like boring ass Ranger hockey, which we were always accused of. We were fun/exciting to watch. We need new blood. PDB is taking us in a new direction. Maybe, this is what the last draft was all about? A forechecking machine.

And, I don't think stevens behind the bench is the fix. #99 wasn't a very good coach

If I want to come here and post once a month, or once a year - what difference does it make. I swear some of you hold grudges on and on and on. I don't know what compels people to debate the poster instead of the content of the post.

No offense, but you make it too easy with the fact that like 95% of your posts are either ripping the team, or ripping the fans here, including your 'preemptive strike' in this thread.

I don't care if you post 5 times a year if those posts actually add something to the discussion. You come off as such an asswipe; instead of actually adding to the conversation you tell us why we aren't worthy to be fans of the team, you tell us that we're overreacting, you tell us that we're doing something wrong. Your schtick got so, so goddamn old.

Yeah, maybe I should try blasting everyone with rude expletives and name calling - all under the guise of "emotional".

Read the damn post and the other 2 follow-ups - I'm appalled at these two facts:

1. ) that a kid is pissing on a jersey - and its being tolerated here - I find that disrespectful and tactless

2.) People can't seperate Parise the player from Parise the human being - as if he was some robot put here entirely for the entertainment of others.

That's been the discussion - yet it always comes back to "calling out the fanbase".

You got balls calling this site "our coffee table" - as if we didn't arrive here at the same time years ago and you were entitled to something that others might not be.

Truth is, you are quick to come out and make things personal - and then hide behind "we".

You're a smart kid at a great school with a great future in front of you (Which is as much as I know about you). But you don't know me or my life.

I try to contribute by posting observations when the guys come here to LA and insightful posts - but this year has been tough, losing a parent, paying a mortgage, and getting diagnosed with cancer a week ago. So before you call someone out for "not contributing enough to the message board" realize that many of us are leading adult lives with their own challenges and we are real people behind these avatars.

Smart man... :whistling:

Everything about this hire for the Sharks from the Associate coach title, to the fact that he has no experience with Mclellan indicates if the Sharks struggle out the gate, McLellan will be replaced with Robinson by Christmas I think. I guess Robinson might want that, but his last stint as Head Coach didn't work out so well.

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman

Smart man... :whistling:

Everything about this hire for the Sharks from the Associate coach title, to the fact that he has no experience with Mclellan indicates if the Sharks struggle out the gate, McLellan will be replaced with Robinson by Christmas I think. I guess Robinson might want that, but his last stint as Head Coach didn't work out so well.

From his interview it doesn't look like he is looking for the head coach position at all.

I wonder why Lou let him (Larry) walk? Maybe we need to move on? If you think about, our playoff success wasn't about "old school" devils hockey. Not like boring ass Ranger hockey, which we were always accused of. We were fun/exciting to watch. We need new blood. PDB is taking us in a new direction. Maybe, this is what the last draft was all about? A forechecking machine.

And, I don't think stevens behind the bench is the fix. #99 wasn't a very good coach

Lou let him go because Larry and Lou have that kind of respect for each other. Lou wouldn't want Larry here if he isn't happy here. And from the looks of things, his grandchildren were an important factor.

As for Stevens, yeah, I don't know about that. Your point about Gretzky is perfect. It's hard to teach players something that comes naturally to you.