Formal Ticket Policy Re: 1/8 vs. Lightning

bdubdevs

I thought we were supposed to find out today what the official policy is going to be in regards to tickets for a future game for those of us who had to experience the lighting failure game. Anybody know or hear anything yet? My best guess is that we can get tickets of equal or lesser value to a non-division game or something to that effect.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought we were supposed to find out today what the official policy is going to be in regards to tickets for a future game for those of us who had to experience the lighting failure game. Anybody know or hear anything yet? My best guess is that we can get tickets of equal or lesser value to a non-division game or something to that effect.

Nothing on this yet. I would have thought they would have made the announcement already....

Let's make some speculations lol.

I'm betting: NO Ranger games. NO Flyer games. NO Penguins games. NO St Pattys Day (understandable)

I think they'll make a list of games that they will make available (probably mid week crappy opponents.)

My guess is you'll either have to take your tickets from Friday to the box office and exchange it, or mail it and it'll be at will-call. We'll see.

Let's make some speculations lol.

I'm betting: NO Ranger games. NO Flyer games. NO Penguins games. NO St Pattys Day (understandable)

I think they'll make a list of games that they will make available (probably mid week crappy opponents.)

My guess is you'll either have to take your tickets from Friday to the box office and exchange it, or mail it and it'll be at will-call. We'll see.

I think they will provide a list of about 5 or so games you can choose from. I am predicting a combination of the following: 1/20 vs Florida, 1/31 vs LA, 2/12 vs Nashville, 3/20 vs St Louis, 3/23 vs Columbus, and possibly 4/11 vs Buffalo. We shall find out soon....

Edited by ThreeCups

Today is not over yet

I think they will provide a list of about 5 or so games you can choose from. I am predicting a combination of the following: 1/20 vs Florida, 1/31 vs LA, 2/12 vs Nashville, 3/20 vs St Louis, 3/23 vs Columbus, and possibly 4/11 vs Buffalo. We shall find out soon....

That's what TG said as well, that we'd have our choice from "a few games" most likely. We'll see. Considering the game was on a Friday night, I'd hope they'd have at least 2 weekend games to choose from.

That's what TG said as well, that we'd have our choice from "a few games" most likely. We'll see. Considering the game was on a Friday night, I'd hope they'd have at least 2 weekend games to choose from.

They really are draggin their feet on this one. They have had over 72 hours to sort it out. Just make the announcement already!

I would have said 1/20 against Florida and 3/15 against Boston would be slam dunks until I realized sth's already got that game as part of the free tickets to three games part of the early bird promo so maybe they have to be a little less picky.

Fan Appreciation weekend would be nice, but I think really they should allow you to do it for any game you can get a comparable ticket for - which would still leave out the big-selling games for most people since usually only the expensive tickets are available.

I would have said 1/20 against Florida and 3/15 against Boston would be slam dunks until I realized sth's already got that game as part of the free tickets to three games part of the early bird promo so maybe they have to be a little less picky.

Fan Appreciation weekend would be nice, but I think really they should allow you to do it for any game you can get a comparable ticket for - which would still leave out the big-selling games for most people since usually only the expensive tickets are available.

The fairest way would be to give a dollar for dollar credit that you can use on Devils tickets however you would like. So if you had 2 $79 tickets for the TB game, you would get $158 "Devils Ticket Dollars" to spend on whatever game you wanted...

The fairest way would be to give a dollar for dollar credit that you can use on Devils tickets however you would like. So if you had 2 $79 tickets for the TB game, you would get $158 "Devils Ticket Dollars" to spend on whatever game you wanted...

Fairest to us, yes. But the Devils want control of what games we spend those dollars on, so that won't happen.

The policy is going to have to be somewhat complex. Offering free tickets for the same value seats to a season ticket holder does nothing for them and would really be a slap in the face to continue how this whole thing has been handled.

STHs should really get a credit towards playoff tickets. My only concern is: What if you have a season ticket that you got on the secondary market? They should not automatically credit all season ticket holders, but make them produce the stubs beforehand.

STHs should really get a credit towards playoff tickets. My only concern is: What if you have a season ticket that you got on the secondary market? They should not automatically credit all season ticket holders, but make them produce the stubs beforehand.

Well I have to disagree with you on that. The STH had to lay out an entire season's worth of cash upfront....so they should get first shot at free tix.

Well I have to disagree with you on that. The STH had to lay out an entire season's worth of cash upfront....so they should get first shot at free tix.

Has nothing to do with "first shot". If you were a STH and sold your tickets to someone else who went to that TB game....Is it fair that they automatically credit you and the person who bought them is screwed?

Has nothing to do with "first shot". If you were a STH and sold your tickets to someone else who went to that TB game....Is it fair that they automatically credit you and the person who bought them is screwed?

excuse me but you were'nt screwed. You had admission to the make-up portion of the game.

Just my opinion.

excuse me but you were'nt screwed. You had admission to the make-up portion of the game.

Just my opinion.

So because one person buys the tickets from an sth and was there for that nonsense they shouldn't get the same compensation for that game? Both the sth and individual ticket buyer were inconvenienced the same. You'd also be screwing the people who bought their tickets on Ticketmaster or the box office and were there Friday.

I'm a sth, I sold my tickets for this game and don't think it would be fair if I got anything since I wasn't inconvenienced at the arena last Friday. Season ticket holders already get a fair amount of perks and discounted prices.

And admission to the make-up portion is hardly fair compensation for anyone considering 80% of the crowd either wouldn't or couldn't change their plans over a weekend less than two days later to go to the last part of the game.

Edited by NJDevs26

Ok there seems to be a lot of angry sth, sth who sold there seats & regular fans who bought tickets about how this should work. It is pretty simple, I am also a sth and I did go to the game, I was also smart enough to keep the tickets from the game as should have everyone else.

The best way for this to work is on every ticket they issue there is a barcode with numbers, make it where only those tickets that were scanned be used to gain tickets for another game. The computer system that they use to scan keep track of all tickets & barcodes that were used for that game. That way any sth who sold there tickets via ticket exchange can not use there orginal ticket that came in the mail and it would be very fair to the person who bought them.

Seems to be the smart way.

the website is updated. the policy is there. seems to me they dropped the ball as far as handling second hand sales. i personally bought tickets from someone on the board who happens to be a sth and according to the policy i get nothing for that whole joke of game. not too pleased.

I was at this game and they removed the barcode from my ticket when I went in on Friday. When I returned for the game on Sunday I was told I must get a new ticket at the box office. They took my old ticket and issued me a new ticket. I am concerned they will not honor the new ticket for the free game because it looks like it was purchased Sunday. I am really hoping the Devils get this one right and do not screw fans that had the barcode removed from there original ticket.

So when I mail in my ticket, do I ask for a certain game or will they just send me a random game? I can't tell from the website. It says at the end:

All requests for free tickets will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. The New Jersey Devils will solely determine the games that will be available for redemption.

Sounds like I should tell them what game I want and hope its one of the games that are available