2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

Why are you torturing yourself listening to Francesa? Throw in Rangers fans calling in and fapping to thought of another Matteau, you are really nuts.

Why not?  He gets me the sports any way that he can.

Even if he knows jack sh!t about hockey.

Had a great feeling about the Habs in game 5 but an overwhelming feeling of dread about the Rangers winning it tonight. They will lose in the finals, but tonight will be tough to take so everybody do yourselves a favor and ignore the game.

Why are you torturing yourself listening to Francesa? Throw in Rangers fans calling in and fapping to thought of another Matteau, you are really nuts.

Couldn't agree more.  And just like 7 I'm expecting the worst (probably Tokarski gives up three or four early goals and they lose 5-2 or 6-2) and avoiding the game itself like the plague.

I probably won't be able to flip on those stations fast enough tomorrow if the improbable happens tonight though :lol:  Well mainly the morning shows, you know Benigno will flip his **** if the Rangers ever lost lol

Edited by NJDevs4978

Had a great feeling about the Habs in game 5 but an overwhelming feeling of dread about the Rangers winning it tonight. They will lose in the finals, but tonight will be tough to take so everybody do yourselves a favor and ignore the game.

Felling the same. Habs living on edge all series.

have some faith in the habs here tonight they held it together last game they can do it again!

It's too much of a perfect storm for the rags tonight

I just want to fast forward to game 1 of the finals already. Them celebrating will make me sick

I just want to fast forward to game 1 of the finals already. Them celebrating will make me sick

im already feeling cranky about this game tonight.. i dont want to watch it but am sure i probably will end up watching most of it

It wasn't just Francesa, Boomer, Benigno and WFAN today. Even ESPN Radio New York was talking Rangers hockey a lot this afternoon. The afternoon host had on Linda Cohn from ESPN as a guest. She's a HUGE, ANNOYING Rangers fan. And the host (I wish I could remember his name) even pulled out the old argument that Devils and Islanders fans should be happy the Rangers are doing well because it brings hockey up to the forefront of local sports talk.

It wasn't just Francesa, Boomer, Benigno and WFAN today. Even ESPN Radio New York was talking Rangers hockey a lot this afternoon. The afternoon host had on Linda Cohn from ESPN as a guest. She's a HUGE, ANNOYING Rangers fan. And the host (I wish I could remember his name) even pulled out the old argument that Devils and Islanders fans should be happy the Rangers are doing well because it brings hockey up to the forefront of local sports talk.

I would never ever ever dare tell people here that you should be happy for the Rangers being in the Cup Finals because it be good for the game, BUT it would be huge for the NHL for all the reasons that everyone here would just cringe.

This includes leading SportsCentre, PTI, SI covers, ESPN front pages, Lundqvist, Lundqvist, and more Lundqvist everywhere. People that have no business talking about the NHL in any coherent manner will be talking about hockey in a non-coherent manner.

It's just the fascination of NEW YORK CITY in the sports world. People eat that sh!t up. And it will be good for the NHL, and everyone here will fvcking hate it.

I agree with you guys. The Habs are getting their sh!t pushed in tonight.

I wanna fast forward to the last game of the Finals where they lose and this whole nightmare is over.

Of course that host isn't a Devils or Islanders fan I'm sure...