GDT: Colorado @ New Jersey - 3/15/2012

NJCroMag

According to the awesome NHL Highlights, Marty made no impressive saves. It was literally a bunch of clips Giguere having pucks hit his giant pads, 2 pedestrian Marty saves and then the shootout goals.

From the comments here, I'm guessing this was a much more exciting game then they made it out to be on the highlights?

In one of the wildest things ever, Marty Brodeur's GAA is now better than Tim Thomas' (currently 2.36 to 2.40). That seemed pretty much impossible two months ago when Brodeur was close to 3 and Thomas was at 1.7. Shows how well Brodeur has played and how poorly Thomas has been.

He should have gone to the White House. :giggle:

Why would they play Marty both ends of a back to back and sit him in a big rival game? Moose is playing Tuesday, Marty will play the next two.

so the next time we play the pens on Mar 25, they face a different keeper in MB....

I'm no coach but its not just that there are back-to-backs but "when" they come.

They've played alot this month so far.

If MB played last night (Thu) then rests Fri/Sat/Sun, plays Mon/Tue, rests Wed/Thu (with their next game on Friday 23)...it all means he's played just 2 games in 7 nights (between Thur-next Fri)

So thats a lot of rest !

Edited by BlueSkirt

I think you'll see Moose more in the last few games if and when our playoff spot is set

It won't be 'that' many. For better or worse, the Devils play to win, even if it's just seeding on the line. And Marty has been much better in the second half with more of a workload. Especially since the D has been doing better at keeping shot totals down.