WWE/TNA/ROH - Wrestling Thread

Satans Hockey

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If any of you guys watched the 1000th episode of Raw then I'm sure you were just as disappointed and shocked as me that Stone Cold didn't even make an appearance. He could have came down to the ring, said give me a hell yeah, drank some beers and left and that would have been perfect. Anything would have been fine. Stone Cold was so important to Raw for many years and for him to not be on the show was horrible.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

My favorite ppv of the year(not counting mania) is tonight. CM Punk vs The Rock for the WWE title plus a Rumble where I'm not quite sure who is going to win. I think Cena is gonna win though.

Should be a fun one though.

I came into this thread and I read the very first post and got a chuckle out of it. Hindsight is definitely 20/20 lol. And Kennedy didn't screwed out of MITB, he got it taken away because he's an idiot backstage. The Cena rant is still relevant. I desperately do not want to see Cena beat the Rock at Mania.

The Rumble is definitely my 2nd fave PPV. Its usually ALWAYS good.

Edited by ghdi

I came into this thread and I read the very first post and got a chuckle out of it. Hindsight is definitely 20/20 lol. And Kennedy didn't screwed out of MITB, he got it taken away because he's an idiot backstage. The Cena rant is still relevant. I desperately do not want to see Cena beat the Rock at Mania.

The Rumble is definitely my 2nd fave PPV. Its usually ALWAYS good.

haha I didn't realize how long ago I actually made the post, and I don't read the dirt sheets much so at the time I didn't know Kennedys deal and that I think he failed a few drug tests no? I can't remember.

I don't wantt to see Cena vs Rock at Mania either but I'm also not sure if the Rock is going to win tonight. I think Punk is going to get away with the title through some other means.

Edited by Satans Hockey

• 2 months later...

Nope, the idea of seeing wrestling in a 70,000+ seat stadium seems silly to me

I am going to the Thursday PWS show and maybe the Friday one and the Hall of Fame ceremony too, which I'm looking forward to

Mania itself I have limited interest in......

Nope, the idea of seeing wrestling in a 70,000+ seat stadium seems silly to me

I am going to the Thursday PWS show and maybe the Friday one and the Hall of Fame ceremony too, which I'm looking forward to

Mania itself I have limited interest in......

Great to hear that you are coming out to the PWS shows. Im really good friends with one of the owners and ill be there both nights. Im skipping the hall of fame because its too much money if you dont really like the inductees and i hate Mick Foley.

I recommend going to mania. The atmosphere is amazing but you have to make sure that you have good seats.

I'll be there. Although the hype and lead up for the sJerichos been horrid.

I think its been medicore but thats how it's been for years now. Im just happy that the card is actually set.

If Jericho and Fandango get 10 to 15 minutes they could really steal the show.

Cena flirting with turning heel should have the crowd going nuts. It should be fun.

I think its been medicore but thats how it's been for years now. Im just happy that the card is actually set.

If Jericho and Fandango get 10 to 15 minutes they could really steal the show.

Cena flirting with turning heel should have the crowd going nuts. It should be fun.

WWE will never turn Cena heel. I'm convinced of it by now haha. It would be so refreshing for his character as I thought Cena was the best during his rapping days.

Fandango is horrid and is getting the same reactionTensai did when he "debuted". Fandango will be jobbing to the likes of Ryback in a month or so. Raw was amazing though. Punk/Taker is the best feud in WWE at the moment in my opinion (aside from Swagger/ADR)

Edited by TheMazz

Great to hear that you are coming out to the PWS shows. Im really good friends with one of the owners and ill be there both nights. Im skipping the hall of fame because its too much money if you dont really like the inductees and i hate Mick Foley.

I recommend going to mania. The atmosphere is amazing but you have to make sure that you have good seats.

I went to the first one way way way back when, plus (no offense) I'm rooting for snow on Sunday since it would serve Vince's arrogant ass right.....30 should be in MSG next year, NO EXCUSE otherwise, that too annoys me

I used to go to PWS shows back in the day they had the hot 97 idiots with them and tried to turn it into a rock n rap experience....oh boy.... we've seen people like CM Punk, Jay Lethal (and his mama in the last row because he was still under-age then and she needed be there for him to work), Homicide and all the likes before they got on TV, I'm excited for the PWS shows too

I like Foley, he wrestles like I play hockey and I can respect the brutality he put himself through to get there (esp in his old Cactus Jack days...my GOD his feud with Vader....), Bruno intrigues me and Trish is my all time favorite women's wrestler....and no HHH inducting himself....thank God! Plus I've always wanted to see an induction.....

If Cena turned heel he'd get a bigger face pop then if he stayed the same....in essence Cena IS a heel now....it's like a Bret Hart thing but Cena's a face to the kids, but a heel to the adults, this is why they'll never change him.....no matter what, when his music hits....people REACT, and that's the sound of money....

I think Fandango has IT...and unlike the many faces of Albert...he's all in with the character and it shows

Swagger's DUI killed the Del Rio feud and I think it's why the angle cooled too....there's no way Swagger wins Sunday....shame...this is Dutch Mantell's best work......

I went to the first one way way way back when, plus (no offense) I'm rooting for snow on Sunday since it would serve Vince's arrogant ass right.....30 should be in MSG next year, NO EXCUSE otherwise, that too annoys me

I used to go to PWS shows back in the day they had the hot 97 idiots with them and tried to turn it into a rock n rap experience....oh boy.... we've seen people like CM Punk, Jay Lethal (and his mama in the last row because he was still under-age then and she needed be there for him to work), Homicide and all the likes before they got on TV, I'm excited for the PWS shows too

I like Foley, he wrestles like I play hockey and I can respect the brutality he put himself through to get there (esp in his old Cactus Jack days...my GOD his feud with Vader....), Bruno intrigues me and Trish is my all time favorite women's wrestler....and no HHH inducting himself....thank God! Plus I've always wanted to see an induction.....

If Cena turned heel he'd get a bigger face pop then if he stayed the same....in essence Cena IS a heel now....it's like a Bret Hart thing but Cena's a face to the kids, but a heel to the adults, this is why they'll never change him.....no matter what, when his music hits....people REACT, and that's the sound of money....

I think Fandango has IT...and unlike the many faces of Albert...he's all in with the character and it shows

Swagger's DUI killed the Del Rio feud and I think it's why the angle cooled too....there's no way Swagger wins Sunday....shame...this is Dutch Mantell's best work......

If Swagger's DUI killed it they would have canned the angle long ago or make Swagger look weak/job him out in matches throughout. The DUI was swept under the rug. I don't think Swagger is gonna win but I heavily doubt Swags gets squashed. And according to the loud chants of "YOU CAN'T WRESTLE" last night I expect Fandango to get FanCANNNNNNNNNNEDgo pretty soon. It was a lame gimmick to start with. The Fandango thing would have been pretty good back in the mid 90s but you can't be taken seriously with that gimmick nowadays.

I agree on Cena. Even though he's a "money maker" He'll always be the same, stale character. Which is such a shame.

If Swagger's DUI killed it they would have canned the angle long ago or make Swagger look weak/job him out in matches throughout. The DUI was swept under the rug. I don't think Swagger is gonna win but I heavily doubt Swags gets squashed. And according to the loud chants of "YOU CAN'T WRESTLE" last night I expect Fandango to get FanCANNNNNNNNNNEDgo pretty soon. It was a lame gimmick to start with. The Fandango thing would have been pretty good back in the mid 90s but you can't be taken seriously with that gimmick nowadays.

I agree on Cena. Even though he's a "money maker" He'll always be the same, stale character. Which is such a shame.

They are just chanting you cant wrestle at him because he refuses to actually wrestle. The fact that they are booing him is great because hes getting good heat from the fans. Unlike tensai, who got nothing but silience. People seem to forget that we are suppose to boo the bad guy.

Edited by Satans Hockey

Well by "killed" I mean he went from the hottest angle and build to mania and a big WHC win and push to the moon to re-vitalize his career .....to now....a short term angle to put ADR more over and a likely loss at Mania....he has a 2nd hearing coming up too....so WWE can say "innocent till proven guilty" and then hang him out there after they let the Mania angle run its course.....'

As long as WWE has nothing to compete with (which is not true, they compete with the UFC every month for PPV dollars and get their asses kicked almost every time too), they will take the "safe route" every time....and the safe route is the Status Quo Cena..... such a shame.....a heel turn could be Hogan nWo-ish

They are just chanting you cant wrestle at him because he refuses to actually wrestle. The fact that they are booing him is great because hes getting good heat from the fans. Unlike tensai, who got nothing but silience. People seem to forget that we are suppose to boo the bad guy.

While this is true, the slow burn on Fan DANNNNNN go has been a bit too slow and they stretched this out a little too far and they're close to losing him with the crowd, while its a shame Jericho is being fed to him, they need to have an epic 10-15 minutes to show this guy can GO to the world and it will all be ok after that......

What a horrible ending. The problem was Cena needed to turn heel and if he didn't there should have been at least no ass kissing. A better ending would have been with Cena celebrating and Rock being pissed in ring. But hugging? That spits in the face of a two year feud. Hell even the Rock and Austin match at Mania 19 didn't end with hugging or shaking hands! That was a 97-03 feud ending and they STILL didn't hug. Oh my god..imagine the ratings after this? RAW got a 3.1 on Monday with Rock and Brock. Imagine what it'll get with them gone rest of the year. Ratings were down to like 2.7 before rock came back. You watch, they'll go lower than that...WWE just lost a good portion of that casual fanbase tonight. Vince Russo said it best people dont want that respect sh!t.

Not like I'm not saying they'll go out of business but they're not gonna be the superpower they have been. RAW'S ratings will tumble and I'd imagine them being relegated to a WWE Network a few years from now it'll be a slow but steady decline like it was before Rock won the title. Rock was a band-aid basically and the problem is that WWE didn't use him to launch them into something they can carry without him. rock losing to face Cena does nothing for story. I mean i knew in the back of my mind this would happen but they literally went with the absolute worst version of it possible. I thought they'd do a handshake but they HUGGED MULTIPLE TIMES. It was so out of character for the Rock and was basically character assassination. The Rock's character would NEVER congratulate Cena! The only time The Rock ever slightly had a moment like that was with Hogan at Wrestlemania 18 but that was way different...they thought they could repeat that here? LOLWUT?! Awful. Just awful.

Aside from that it was an OK show. Nothing memorable but nothing too offensive. Swagger losing annoyed me (along with the lack of Ziggler cashing in.)

/Rant over. Lol.

Edited by TheMazz

This is the perfect place to say this....that was a "Status Quo PPV"....unacceptable for Wrestlemania....this wasn't even a setup for NEXT year....the least they coulda done was had Brock beat Trips....even if it was HHH holding Brock for the Jesus Kick and Shawn kicking Trips in the face and Brock pinning him....that at least moves you SOMEWHERE.... *sigh*

#underwhelmed

This is the perfect place to say this....that was a "Status Quo PPV"....unacceptable for Wrestlemania....this wasn't even a setup for NEXT year....the least they coulda done was had Brock beat Trips....even if it was HHH holding Brock for the Jesus Kick and Shawn kicking Trips in the face and Brock pinning him....that at least moves you SOMEWHERE.... *sigh*

#underwhelmed

I'm happy I went to Wrestlemania but I can say with confidence that this was the worst mania in quite a while. Not one memorable bit. The definition of mediocre.

Edited by TheMazz

I'm happy I went to Wrestlemania but I can say with confidence that this was the worst mania in quite a while. Not one memorable bit. The definition of mediocre.

I disagree because of one thing: Taker vs Punk from the entrances to the match itself was the definition of Wrestlemania. It completely stole the show and neither of the two that followed got us back as a crowd.

I was also there. I agree with you for the most part though dgmw. Although I found 27 which I only got to watch on TV a lot more lackluster.

WWE do big events like this very well even if the matches stink, although I find that to be more of the fault of the booker than the workers. Everyone worked their ass off, but Cena/Rock was dreadful and IMO embarrassing.

Edited by ghdi

As BAD as Mania was that was simply the most AMAZING Raw I can remember in since forever....the eyesore known as the IZod redeemed itself last night :wub:

I'm still humming the Fan...DAN.....Goooooo song!!!!