‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

I believe in my heart he played hard while he wore our jersey. It was the reason he was the class of the free agent pool, after all. Doesn't mean i won't boo him in the future, but that's sports after all. I won't hate him, but honestly i never loved him like Elias, or even Kovy really. Will be fun booing him, and he can cry in his diamond encrusted gold rimmed tear bowl for all I care :)

And that is the problem. It gets worse by the day as more and more comes out. The constant spinning of information (what I really meant was) is like a 5 year-old trying to cover up for doing something bad. The smartest thing he could have done from the beginning was shut his mouth and say nothing. But that was not about to happen. He wants to go home and play with his little friend fine. Keep them all happy because I really don't care.

As my old friend the Penguin said in Batman returns, "You gotta admit I played this stinkin' city like a harp from hell." It was more than one city he did that to.

Alright alright yo I'm tired of people sayIng how Zach played us and how they think they've figured it all out.

Quotes like, "dont worry," or, "im loyal," are so blown out of proportion and are completely legit. The bottom line is he wanted to go home. We didn't short him with a weak contract and he didn't stiff us with selling out for money.

He wanted to play for Minnesota- what do you exoect him to do-force himself to play for us? All we can ask for is someone who isn't a dickhead about it.

The guy worked his ass off for us every night. He played his heart out for us and we have to respect that he truly wanted to play for minn- its his fvckin choice

He did not play us. If anything he just bought himself some time by not admitting he'd rather play for minn. but what'd you want him to do? This decision would determine his future for the next 13 years, I'm pretty sure that matters more than out feelings for like 2 days

• Like 2

As much as it hurts to lose my favourite player of the Devils, the fact i invested so heavily in him as a PLAYER, it will continue to hurt, but i will also continue to support Zach Parise as a PLAYER, and i will always support my TEAM, the New Jersey Devils.

I'm even considering getting a Zach Wild Jersey, on top of several other Devils jerseys to add to my collection. The fact that i got Parise's autographed college Sioux jersey reminds me it isn't just about me loving the Devils, it's admiring him for his playing style. And I wish him all the best with the Wild, although I do have my own opinions on the matter.

• Like 1

Alright alright yo I'm tired of people sayIng how Zach played us and how they think they've figured it all out.

Quotes like, "dont worry," or, "im loyal," are so blown out of proportion and are completely legit. The bottom line is he wanted to go home. We didn't short him with a weak contract and he didn't stiff us with selling out for money.

He wanted to play for Minnesota- what do you exoect him to do-force himself to play for us? All we can ask for is someone who isn't a dickhead about it.

The guy worked his ass off for us every night. He played his heart out for us and we have to respect that he truly wanted to play for minn- its his fvckin choice

He did not play us. If anything he just bought himself some time by not admitting he'd rather play for minn. but what'd you want him to do? This decision would determine his future for the next 13 years, I'm pretty sure that matters more than out feelings for like 2 days

While I'm not as okay with Parise considering he was pretty determined with Minnesota you gotta give him the benefit of the doubt. Even if he knew at the beginning of the season that he was gone, he didn't coast through the season.

He wants to go home and play with his little friend fine. Keep them all happy because I really don't care.

I keep thinking... this has got to be really insulting if you were one of his Devils teammates who thought you were his friend.

I keep thinking... this has got to be really insulting if you were one of his Devils teammates who thought you were his friend.

I'd like to hear what Zajac has to say about this for sure.

Edited by ben00rs

While I'm not as okay with Parise considering he was pretty determined with Minnesota you gotta give him the benefit of the doubt. Even if he knew at the beginning of the season that he was gone, he didn't coast through the season.

exxaftly. if he wanted to go, he wanted to go. what else do you expect him to do?

+1

He is digging his hole with Devils fans deeper with each interview.

But, at the same time, making himself extremely popular with the minnie fan base, I imagine.

actually Bobby Ryan is....+ he was a flyers fan

Cherry Hill boy, right across the river, no chance for him from the get-go.

Now I understand burning your Devils Parise jersey but today I witnessed someone burning their USA Parise jersey....really?

wow. wrong.

Every stupid breakup song I hear, I think of Parise leaving us.

rofl.gif

That's the thing that kind of irks me. I said I don't hate Zach for leaving and I still have respect for him, but that boggles me. He goes all the way to Minnesota just to play with this one guy who he's now BFF with (he said he would've returned to Jersey had Suter signed somewhere else :blink: ) and somehow Suter is now more of his friend than all the players on the Devils he's played with for years.

That's the thing that kind of irks me. I said I don't hate Zach for leaving and I still have respect for him, but that boggles me. He goes all the way to Minnesota just to play with this one guy who he's now BFF with (he said he would've returned to Jersey had Suter signed somewhere else :blink: ) and somehow Suter is now more of his friend than all the players on the Devils he's played with for years.

The most perfect moment of this whole fiasco for me was Zach on NHL live the other day talking about his decision to go to Minny, he goes something like, "NJ is a great organization, Lou taught me that there's a right and wrong way to do things..."

Edited by ben00rs

The most perfect moment of this whole fiasco for me was Zach on NHL live the other day talking about his decision to go to Minny, he goes something like, "NJ is a great organization, Lou taught me that there's a right and wrong way to do things..."

Looks like he decided to do things the wrong way

apparently zach and ryan are both the alternate captains already according to the press conference that is being shown live now

Yea, I saw about 8 tweets in a row from various hockey media saying they have A's on their shirt.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.