Immediate rule clarification regarding articles

DevilMinder

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I thought you had mentioned this earlier, when did we go back to posting full articles again?

Yeah, I seem to remember this coming up not that long ago, but it seems to have been easily forgotten.

They want me to delete all the prior postings as well. This wasn't a generic letter, they named specific infractions and consequences.

Well, at least they were specific. Usually nastygrams of this nature simply say "You're screwing us over. We're not going to tell you how you're screwing us over, but knock it off anyway. It's probably easier if you simply cease to exist."

doesnt need to be in caps, there just needs to be a permanent sticky saying how articles should be posted. Yea yea, spare me the "we should all know the rules" routine, clearly some people don't, people forget, and for newer people they might not catch on right away.

Indeed. Some rules are common sense, others need to physically exist in order to be noticed and obeyed.

First off, if I could indulge myself for just an instant,since I now know they are watching this site...STAR LEDGER YOU GUYS SUCK!!! I'm getting god damn tired of picking up your freebie papers that your a$$hole delivery boys leave in my yard and everybody in my neighborhood yards!!! Secondly you should be happy some of your stories are being distributed via the web for free. And lastly, take your paper AND STICK IT!! I mean that in a nice way of course,thank you.

Edited by Guest

Ad-Free without firefox - read the print preview version :)

Also - dearest star ledger people.. please get rid of that stupid interstitial "tell us about you" crap. I'm sure it's useless for you to know that I'm a woman born in 1911..

Edited by Exit56

Can I say here and now i HATE the star ledger site? It SUCKS! You can't just read anythign there you have to wade through their incesant surveys and put in your zip codes and sh!t like that? Guess what jerkoffs -- I never use my real zip code so when you see Long island Connecticut and Dearborn MI zips it's me <_< I HATE HATE HATE the site they SUCK SUCK SUCK and I REFUSE to every visit their sh!tty site again because of this particular incident!

and I DID always go to check for any pictures. I just hate them sooooooo much.

Ad-Free without firefox - read the print preview version :)

Also - dearest star ledger people.. please get rid of that stupid interstitial "tell us about you" crap. I'm sure it's useless for you to know that I'm a woman born in 1911..

:unsure: what are you... me? note year of birth in profile...

I noticed a lot of people have posted the entire article AND posted the link. I think they were trying to comply, but got confused. :lol:

You can borrow mine but you'll have to blow it up.

You have a very loose defenition of yacht don't you? :D

And "girlfriend" :whistling:

Does this rule apply to ALL articles, or just Star-Ledger ones? If I posted something, from say, the annoying Toronto Sun paper, would it have to be in the format stated at the beginning of the thread? Thanks for the clarification.

Does this rule apply to ALL articles, or just Star-Ledger ones? If I posted something, from say, the annoying Toronto Sun paper, would it have to be in the format stated at the beginning of the thread? Thanks for the clarification.

crap DM, i'm sorry! I know i posted something recent about Steven''s being at the rock :/

Will do!

I know I would be extremely angry if NJDevs copied material from my site at njdevils.info and posted content from njdevils.info on a numebr of threads.

Even if it gave njdevils.info credit, I woudl still be annoyed that people weren't actually visiting njdevils.info.

Oh, did I mention njdevils.info?

:evil:

I'll stop now :D

I know I would be extremely angry if NJDevs copied material from my site at njdevils.info and posted content from njdevils.info on a numebr of threads.

Even if it gave njdevils.info credit, I woudl still be annoyed that people weren't actually visiting njdevils.info.

Oh, did I mention njdevils.info?

:evil:

I'll stop now :D

That advertisement will cost one million dollars :burn:

Edited by Devilish34

How would it increase traffic? If you can read the entire article here then why would anyone bother to go to their site?

I doubt this has anything to do with their message board. Since newspapers rely ads for their revenue they have make sure they maintain their readership so that they can charge their advertisers as much as possible. Now the users here at NJDEVS.com alone likely do not cause a dent in their numbers but multiply that by other sites, say for all the other teams then for non-sports message boards, blogs, or whatever. Ultimately they need to enforce their policy on protecting their property.

How would it increase traffic? If you can read the entire article here then why would anyone bother to go to their site?

I doubt this has anything to do with their message board. Since newspapers rely ads for their revenue they have make sure they maintain their readership so that they can charge their advertisers as much as possible. Now the users here at NJDEVS.com alone likely do not cause a dent in their numbers but multiply that by other sites, say for all the other teams then for non-sports message boards, blogs, or whatever. Ultimately they need to enforce their policy on protecting their property.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.