KOVALCHUK OUT TONIGHT GAME 2

mikepeluso8

Lou confirmed it was a "day-to-day lower-body injury".

This reminds me of earlier this season. DeBo said someone was out with an upper-body injury. Lou said it was lower-body. When asked about the discrepancy, DeBo said it's a middle-body injury.

Not worried about it. Kovy wasnt producing at the level he should b in the playoffs while being hurt anyway. Id much rather have a healthy body in there. Also to be quite honest, Larsson being in makes me a little nervous. I dont know if he is really up for the challenge just yet. I guess we will see.

Did anyone see what washington did with Ovechkin last night? 13 minutes of ice time, but for those 13 minutes he skated like a bat outta hell. If kovy's injured but can find it in him to go balls to the walls for 10 minutes a game, that's astronomically more valuable than having Harrold dress as a forward in the future.

If there is a game 7 or, god forbid, an elimination game before that, I think that's exactly what we're going to see.

If there is a game 7 or, god forbid, an elimination game before that, I think that's exactly what we're going to see.

i like that idea but id rather him get his one timer going and park him on point the entire game.

i would have never guessed kovy being out would mean larsson gets in.

i think zharkovs reputation preceeds him but would have been the right choice to give kovy a boost too, dont they train together.

or tao, oh well LGD!

Did anyone see what washington did with Ovechkin last night? 13 minutes of ice time, but for those 13 minutes he skated like a bat outta hell. If kovy's injured but can find it in him to go balls to the walls for 10 minutes a game, that's astronomically more valuable than having Harrold dress as a forward in the future.

That's a good idea in theory... but Ovechkin isn't injured. Dale Hunter has just been limiting his ice time because the Capitals are playing a game committed to defense right now, and it's just not going very well for Ovi... having said all that, how awesome was his goal and celebration?

I like the idea but wonder if Kovalchuk could still be as effective. The OT GWG in Game 6 points to yes, but his play in Game 1 vs PHI points to no...

Get well soon Kovy...

For the sake of comparison, I looked up what the Devils did in the five games Kovalchuk missed in the regular season. They went 3-2 in his absense:

- 3-2 OT win vs Winnipeg

- 3-2 win vs Carolina

- 3-1 loss vs Washington

- 3-2 SO win at Washington

- 4-3 loss at Boston).

But this was all back in November when the Devils were a completely different team, completely inept on the PP, surrendering shorties left and right, relying on the SO for wins, getting shaky goaltending, struggling to score, blowing leads like crazy, so on and so forth. So, in short, this post reveals nothing and was a waste of time for you to read.

For the sake of comparison, I looked up what the Devils did in the five games Kovalchuk missed in the regular season. They went 3-2 in his absense:

- 3-2 OT win vs Winnipeg

- 3-2 win vs Carolina

- 3-1 loss vs Washington

- 4-3 loss at Boston).

But this was all back in November when the Devils were a completely different team, completely inept on the PP, surrendering shorties left and right, relying on the SO for wins, getting shaky goaltending, struggling to score, blowing leads like crazy, so on and so forth. So, in short, this post reveals nothing and was a waste of time for you to read.

Shaky goaltending, struggling to score, blowing leads like crazy... Not really THAT much of a different team than they are now. :P

Good, he looked like our worst foward out there in game one. Is it too late to switch contracts between kovi and parise?

Stupid post....

Kovalchuk is hurt so what...

Parise has been hurt all last year long...

This team is hurt by not having a 100% Kovalchuk but hey they still have a good team...

Larsson in is a good news... Harrold was playing poorly in game one... It could be interesting to see what he can bring as a fourth liner...

- 3-2 OT win vs Winnipeg

- 3-2 win vs Carolina

- 3-1 loss vs Washington

- 4-3 loss at Boston).

We discover a guy who is name adam henrique in those game i will remember forever his 2 goal game against winnipeg

Good, he looked like our worst foward out there in game one. Is it too late to switch contracts between kovi and parise?

You realize he was playing hurt, right? And you realize he's been playing hurt since the middle of the FLA series, right?

I mean, some of you people are acting like he just lolly-gagged his way through game 1 when anyone with 1/2 a brain could tell something was seriously wrong with him physically the past 2 weeks.

lets hope thats not what happens tonight

swarm it up kovy, get well.

Edited by lazer

I can only sigh in relief that Kovy is getting some rest, finally. I know he's our top player, and I know he can also contribute to the team even if not on 100%, but let's be honest, it must be incredibly frustrating for him, and if he kept playing and even get double-shifted, a more serious injury was up ahead.

On the other hand, I'm surprised with the choices DeBoer made. I think Larsson will be good tonight and in future games, as much as he was when we first drafted him and he was eager to prove himself. However, Harrold on the 4th line is odd. I have seen that he loves to play that puck, but I'm not too sure how comfortable he'll be playing that particular position. Oh well, we'll see.

LGD!