2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

Dumbest post of the day ^

..oh I don't know, dumber than this;

They never flat out quit blocking like this for Sanchez.

..or this?

Sanchez would have turned it over at least three times today.

You have to realize the level of egg on the face of those that have been calling for Sanchez's head after today. Understanding their recourse shouldn't be difficult given the magnitude of the orgasim that went on over the mighty 28 yrds against Arizona.

Rex finally - FINALLY - tells McElroy to warm up. About fvcking time.

One drive, one TD for McElroy. And the crowd's going as nuts for any Jet QB as they've ever gone since probably the days of Joe Willie coming off the bench and throwing TD's with gimpy knees.

McElroy would have had two TD drives out of four. When's the last time we had two offensive TD's that mattered in a game?

McElroy was the savior that was meant to make Mark look like a mongoloid. The great white knight set to ride in and rescue the Jets, and exonerate Tannenbaum. He's faster than Sanchez, younger than Sanchez. Smarter also, being a Rhode Scholar. Then today came, and 2 early TD's on 3 drives. This was what fans came to see!!!! But we waited for more towards the end of the 1st quarter... and then the 2nd quarter.. and the 3rd quarter...... and the 4th quarter.... and nothing.. happened. New QB, same result.

McElroy completed 14 passes, and threw 10 incompletions.. for 100 and some odd yrds. A solid 65.4 QB rating. No throwing TD's, no rushing TD's. A fumble, an interception, sacked 11 times. Oh but don't get me wrong, he didn't run into Moore's ass in the 2nd quarter.. far from it. He ran into Moore's shoulder in the 1st quarter! -huge difference. And thus we're left with; "it's not Greg's fault" logic. It was the Chargers pass rush.. and a team wide conspiracy to make Sanchez look better. It was Sparano.. and the Jets poor offensive line. It was the moon, and the stars, and the stratosphere. Every mulligan known to man.

For Sanchez there is no other reasoning other than "he's stupid". -that makes for an easier digest. For G-Mac however the excuses are all valid. And yet njdevs isn't even scratching the surface for the amount of excuses given for our poor victim quarterback today. The REAL Jets forums out there literally had me laughing out loud. It's quite a shame how NON Jet fans like Manta and CR actually GET IT over so called Jet fans. The real coopdegrä would\should be if and when Rex names Tebow the starter for the Bills game, and then go out there and watch him make a fool of himself also.

The Jets team, their fans, and the entire organization is in for a rude awakening. They got a taste of it today, but not the full dose.

Let the Jets run with McElroy next season and see what happens. Or better yet, sign the canine slaughter instead. I remember the FOUR CONSECUTIVE SEASONS that Pennington was injured, and this has that written all over it. -which is why the Pennington\McElroy comparisons are so fitting. Say what you want about Sanchez scrambling an getting sacked for a loss. Or the times when he throws it away for an interception. But that's just the thing.. he THROWS IT AWAY! He doesn't stand there and get sacked 11 times, just for the sake of not throwing a pick. -Pennington did! And when when you have a QB that does that, he doesn't stay upright. Jet fans have a short memory, and fail to appreciate that of Sanchez. For 4 seasons he's as healthy as a horse.. the same reason why Eli is always healthy. The slightest bit of pressure on Manning, and he throws is away.. interception be damned!

Say what you want about Sanchez scrambling an getting sacked for a loss. Or the times when he throws it away for an interception. But that's just the thing.. he THROWS IT AWAY

:rofl: I can't remember the last time Sanchez has EVER 'thrown the ball away'...unless you consider overthrowing an open guy by five yards throwing it away lol. He throws it away by throwing it in the middle of three defenders and giving it away. Give me a sack over a turnover any day unless it's fourth down (and most of Sanchez's turnovers seem to come on first down, when he shouldn't be pressing), but of course throwing it away is better than a sack or turnover. TEBOW of all people threw the ball away a couple of times when he was under pressure in the Tennessee game and I only noticed it because of how rare it was.

Oh but don't get me wrong, he didn't run into Moore's ass in the 2nd quarter.. far from it. He ran into Moore's shoulder in the 1st quarter! -huge difference.

Yeah cause Brandon Moore actually got pile driven into McElroy in the pocket as opposed to Sanchez sliding into his rear end after running around like a chicken with his head cut off. And McElroy didn't fumble the ball that time either.

Please, nobody was saying McElroy was a savior, just that he deserved to play when it actually mattered after Sanchez's 'fifty' turnovers over the past two seasons. I didn't accuse them of quitting on McElroy, they just quit in general yesterday. Eleven sacks is a joke, I don't care who the QB is. Sanchez was 'never' under this kind of pressure.

Either way they had to give McElroy these two games to see if he could at least be a backup next year. They couldn't let Sanchez see the field yesterday, not with the crowd in full lynch mode and they obviously weren't going to let Tebow see the field since he's gone this offseason anyway.

I'm not even saying don't give Sanchez one more chance next year with a healthy Holmes, Braylon, Kerley, obviously the cap number will see to that...but he can't be ceded the job, there has to be an ACTUAL COMPETITION. Enough with babying him, blind faith in him, he's got to prove it now. And he shouldn't get to throw next season in the toilet even if he does win the job.

Edited by NJDevs4978

You have to realize the level of egg on the face of those that have been calling for Sanchez's head after today. Understanding their recourse shouldn't be difficult given the magnitude of the orgasim that went on over the mighty 28 yrds against Arizona.

McElroy was the savior that was meant to make Mark look like a mongoloid. The great white knight set to ride in and rescue the Jets, and exonerate Tannenbaum. He's faster than Sanchez, younger than Sanchez. Smarter also, being a Rhode Scholar. Then today came, and 2 early TD's on 3 drives. This was what fans came to see!!!! But we waited for more towards the end of the 1st quarter... and then the 2nd quarter.. and the 3rd quarter...... and the 4th quarter.... and nothing.. happened. New QB, same result.

McElroy completed 14 passes, and threw 10 incompletions.. for 100 and some odd yrds. A solid 65.4 QB rating. No throwing TD's, no rushing TD's. A fumble, an interception, sacked 11 times. Oh but don't get me wrong, he didn't run into Moore's ass in the 2nd quarter.. far from it. He ran into Moore's shoulder in the 1st quarter! -huge difference. And thus we're left with; "it's not Greg's fault" logic. It was the Chargers pass rush.. and a team wide conspiracy to make Sanchez look better. It was Sparano.. and the Jets poor offensive line. It was the moon, and the stars, and the stratosphere. Every mulligan known to man.

For Sanchez there is no other reasoning other than "he's stupid". -that makes for an easier digest. For G-Mac however the excuses are all valid. And yet njdevs isn't even scratching the surface for the amount of excuses given for our poor victim quarterback today. The REAL Jets forums out there literally had me laughing out loud. It's quite a shame how NON Jet fans like Manta and CR actually GET IT over so called Jet fans. The real coopdegrä would\should be if and when Rex names Tebow the starter for the Bills game, and then go out there and watch him make a fool of himself also.

The Jets team, their fans, and the entire organization is in for a rude awakening. They got a taste of it today, but not the full dose.

Let the Jets run with McElroy next season and see what happens. Or better yet, sign the canine slaughter instead. I remember the FOUR CONSECUTIVE SEASONS that Pennington was injured, and this has that written all over it. -which is why the Pennington\McElroy comparisons are so fitting. Say what you want about Sanchez scrambling an getting sacked for a loss. Or the times when he throws it away for an interception. But that's just the thing.. he THROWS IT AWAY! He doesn't stand there and get sacked 11 times, just for the sake of not throwing a pick. -Pennington did! And when when you have a QB that does that, he doesn't stay upright. Jet fans have a short memory, and fail to appreciate that of Sanchez. For 4 seasons he's as healthy as a horse.. the same reason why Eli is always healthy. The slightest bit of pressure on Manning, and he throws is away.. interception be damned!

its ignorant to think that sanchez doesnt hav enough weapons around him. players step up. sanchez didnt. if u have to surround sanchez with probowlers what shiuld that tell u about him?

and allot of those 10 incompletions from mcelroy were drops joe. so dont go bringing that up

Give me a sack over a turnover any day.

..trust me you won't be saying that when you see your teams QB take a ride on the truck and be shut-down for the remainder of the year. When I was referencing Sanchez throwing it away, I was including interceptions. The Jets team allowed 30 sacks all year this season going into the SD game. To say that every one of the dozen sacks McElroy took was the fault of the offensive line is silly. Even Rex threw blame towards McElroy TWICE on two sepperate conference calls.

its ignorant to think that sanchez doesnt hav enough weapons around him. players step up. sanchez didnt. if u have to surround sanchez with probowlers what shiuld that tell u about him?

and allot of those 10 incompletions from mcelroy were drops joe. so dont go bringing that up

HAHAHAHAHA!! You guys crack me up.

..we're gonna have a bleeding heart for McElroy on the few dropped passes from 4 quarters that cost him plays?! Sanchez's drops throughout the season COST HIM GAMES!! The Jets are ranked 6th in the league in dropped passes!

Kerley's DROP on 3rd down in the 4th quarter against Houston, would've not only sustained the drive, it would've set us up for 1st and goal. WE WIN THAT GAME if he makes that catch. -but it's Sanchez's fault.

Hill's DROP in the OT loss @ NE, resulted in us having to give the ball back to the Patriots instead of running out the clock. WE WIN THAT GAME if he makes that catch. -but it's Sanchez's fault.

Cumberland's DROP in the endzone against the Titans gave us a FG instead of a TD, in a game we lost by 4 points. WE WIN THAT GAME if he makes that catch. -but it's Sanchez's fault.

And furthermore, I'm not asking for Sanchez to be surrounded by ProBowl players. -but can he at least have healthy ones? Let the Jets team stay as is for 2013, seriously. Don't draft for the offense, don't trade for the offense. Don't sign anyone or anybody.. just give me Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, Jeremy Kerley, Stephen Hill, Dustin Keller, and a committee of Powell, Greene, and McKnight @ RB. -that's it! Who exactly is a ProBowl player on that list?? I like Braylon Edwards alot, and I think it speaks volumes that he has already had more receiving yrds over these last 2 weeks with the Jets, than his previous 13 games combined with SF & Seattle. The thing is.. he's only been a Jet for 2 games this season. Holmes only played 3 full games this season, and the Jets won 2. Keller only played 7 games, in which the Jets won 4. Hill accounted for all 6 of the Jets victories, in only the 10 games that he played.

You can't turn water into wine, you can't get blood from a turnip, and you can't expect even so-so production coming from Sanchez throwing to players like Clyde Gates, Konrad Reuland, Marty Gilyard, Chaz Schilens, Jordan White, Derrick Epps, and JASON Hill. I actually don't even believe it as I type it. These guys will be washing cars come June. They're so bad the Edmonton Eskimos won't sign them! They can't even keep a job on the Jets, which is why they're constantly being cut and released.

Sanchez had no weapons. Period.

No QB can be successful when he constantly placed in obvious passing downs. The Jets have no WR, no RB' or a dependable O-line. No QB would successful under these circumstances.

The blood that's on Tanny's hands is massacre-esque! He is gone year, it's a foregone conclusion. We can't be the only 2 people in the world who understand this.. and I don't think we are. I feel like Woody & Rex have to see how horrible the offense around Mark is, and will bring him back next season. Especially how the hero scholar went out there against a piss poor team, running against Jet-lag, playing to lose to get Norv fired, with 13 starters not playing.. and completely sh!t the bed. It's one thing to play poorly, but to break a franchise record in one game for sacks, that was previously held by a replacement player? He looked like a statue out there, and I'm sure the haters were thinking out loud; Gee.. when did Sanchez change his number to 14?

It's comical how everyone has just forgotten Sanchez's first 2 years.. and even what he did last year with a very raw untalented team. Put any QB in the league on the Jets this season, other than Brady, Peyton, & Rodgers, and they wouldn't have won more than 8 games. Sanchez has proved what he's capable of with a halfway decent talented team. You don't bluff your way into the NFL when you're a QB. You don't just luck into 2 back-to-back Final Fours, or win 26 games of your first 39 starts by accident. You don't account for 33 touchdowns (passing & rushing) in 1 season off fluke. I'm so serious when I say I want Sanchez off the Jets because this organization isn't GOOD ENOUGH for Sanchez! Let him go to a team that will actually support him. Let him start in Arizona and perform well, so that the idiots here who alienated him can eat crow.

HAHAHAHAHA!! You guys crack me up.

..we're gonna have a bleeding heart for McElroy on the few dropped passes from 4 quarters that cost him plays?! Sanchez's drops throughout the season COST HIM GAMES!! The Jets are ranked 6th in the league in dropped passes!

These guys will be washing cars come June. They're so bad the Edmonton Eskimos won't sign them! They can't even keep a job on the Jets, which is why they're constantly being cut and released.

The blood that's on Tanny's hands is massacre-esque! He is gone year, it's a foregone conclusion. We can't be the only 2 people in the world who understand this.. and I don't think we are. I feel like Woody & Rex have to see how horrible the offense around Mark is, and will bring him back next season. Especially how the hero scholar went out there against a piss poor team, running against Jet-lag, playing to lose to get Norv fired, with 13 starters not playing.. and completely sh!t the bed. It's one thing to play poorly, but to break a franchise record in one game for sacks, that was previously held by a replacement player? He looked like a statue out there, and I'm sure the haters were thinking out loud; Gee.. when did Sanchez change his number to 14?

I'm so serious when I say I want Sanchez off the Jets because this organization isn't GOOD ENOUGH for Sanchez! Let him go to a team that will actually support him. Let him start in Arizona and perform well, so that the idiots here who alienated him can eat crow.

I think most Jets fans are looking at Sanchez as a scapegoat for the parody of an NFL team the JESTS have become.

Tanny is done, no doubt about it. He set up Sanchez for failure the past two seasons, but alot of the blame goes to Woody as well, as he has forced the Jests to make far too many NONE FOOTBALL moves just for headlines, merchandising and general insecurity in relation to the Super bowl champion Giants in the same market.

But, I would disagree about Sanchez going to Arizona, which is nothing more than the Jets West. Their O-Line is even worse than Philly or the Jets. Unfortunately, for Sanchez he is stuck in New York, as no one is going to take his contract, especially since he is damaged goods by playing for the Jets.

The best bet for Sanchez, if the Jets eat some of his contract in a deal, is to take a year as back-up with a team with a good OC and QB coach and work on his fundimentals. In a few years, in a better football environment he could be a pretty good QB.

No shot for McElroy today. I mean could the O-Line at least TRY to block someone. They never flat out quit blocking like this for Sanchez...though they did have some stinkers...but this was like they tried to get him hurt. Just horrific.

Well if that was their game, they succeeded, McElroy is now OUT Sunday with a likely concussion, Sanchez to start. Oh well, at least I don't have to watch.

I'm no Tebow fan but if I'm him I ask for my release NOW.

Again Manta's judgement is clouded by his blind hatred of the Jets (maybe Al Toon took his lunch money) but in a capped league you can't "go for it" every year. The Jets did in 08, 09, and 10. That left them with little flexibility in 11 and 12...and it shows, as their record pretty much matches their talent level...in manta's backwards world however the Jets are still 1-15 and kotite is coaching the club, when in fact they've been one of the better run NFL franchises since 1997

Sanchez's issues go beyond the talent around him. When you don't see Bilal Powell open for an easy 15 yards against the Titans and throw it into triple coverage. When you run into the rear end of Brandon Moore and fumble, when you fire laser beams through the hands of the check-down who has 10 yards of open space in front of him instead of gently lobbing it in their...that's YOU, not the talent around you.

I'm not sure Sanchez is salvageable. He doesn't seem to read defenses. He gets baited by the other teams safety all the time.

They'll likely give him another year, with real competition. Make him win the job

Well if that was their game, they succeeded, McElroy is now OUT Sunday with a likely concussion, Sanchez to start. Oh well, at least I don't have to watch.

I'm no Tebow fan but if I'm him I ask for my release NOW.

he's a goner though, why have a guy start when everybody knows he's not going to be here next year and has no future with the team. Sanchez likely will be here, so he should start.

I would even deactivate Tebow and send him home. Have Kerley serve as the backup QB in an emergency

Edited by '7'

Can't make this stuff up.

Agree with '7', might as well let Tebow go, clearly it's over and there's no reason for him to be there.

And one game isn't going to make much difference, but Sanchez will probably be the starter next season. Even if the game is meaningless, Jet fans can at least hope Sanchez has a strong game going into the offseason. He can't bottom out any further.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Projection much? The only blind individual seems to be you, who just can't see to judge your own team objectively.

Sanchez has been traumaticized and its indemic of the Jets whole offense which can't block, run the ball or defend against the blitz on the standard third and long that the Jets lack of cooridination puts them in.

I don't hate the Jets, but just making observations that the problems with your team run much, much deeper than you care to acknowledge.

Can't make this stuff up.

Agree with '7', might as well let Tebow go, clearly it's over and there's no reason for him to be there.

And one game isn't going to make much difference, but Sanchez will probably be starter next season. Even if the game is meaningless, Jet fans can at least hope Sanchez has a strong game going into the offseason. He can't bottom out any further.

The Jets at least have to save some face and maybe get a 6th or 7th round draft pick in return for the rights to Tebow. Although anyway you slice this Denver looks like a genius organization for getting rid of him at his highest level of return.

It's comical how everyone has just forgotten Sanchez's first 2 years.. and even what he did last year with a very raw untalented team. Put any QB in the league on the Jets this season, other than Brady, Peyton, & Rodgers, and they wouldn't have won more than 8 games. Sanchez has proved what he's capable of with a halfway decent talented team. You don't bluff your way into the NFL when you're a QB. You don't just luck into 2 back-to-back Final Fours, or win 26 games of your first 39 starts by accident. You don't account for 33 touchdowns (passing & rushing) in 1 season off fluke. I'm so serious when I say I want Sanchez off the Jets because this organization isn't GOOD ENOUGH for Sanchez! Let him go to a team that will actually support him. Let him start in Arizona and perform well, so that the idiots here who alienated him can eat crow.

You are really blowing up Sanchez's first two seasons to be much more than they were. The best thing that can be said about him is that he played very well in the playoffs...some of the best and most mistake-free football of his career, really. But his regular season numbers for both of those seasons were pretty dismal. He got off to a great start in season #2 (7 TD, 0 INT through five games), then threw for 10 TD and 13 INT the rest of the way. For his first two seasons, he threw for 29 TD, 33 INT, lousy completion percentages, and pretty low passing yard totals for each season...like I said, he did play much better come playoff time, but it was the Jets' D that carried that team into the playoffs both seasons. You're giving Sanchez more credit than he really deserves.

It's those playoff performances I think help his cause as to his future more than anything else. '7' is right, in that though his franchise did nothing to make his life easier this season, he deserves blame too...he's made his fair share of mistakes on the field.

The Jets at least have to save some face and maybe get a 6th or 7th round draft pick in return for the rights to Tebow. Although anyway you slice this Denver looks like a genius organization for getting rid of him at his highest level of return.

The Broncos are the ones who drafted him in the first round in the first place. Not sure how that makes them look like geniuses.

I think at this point, everyone knows that this didn't work out for a number of reasons, and that it's time to move on. I don't think anyone will care much what the return is, even if it's nothing at all...I think everyone associated with the Jets (especially their fans) will be happy that this will soon be over.

The Broncos are the ones who drafted him in the first round in the first place. Not sure how that makes them look like geniuses.

I think at this point, everyone knows that this didn't work out for a number of reasons, and that it's time to move on. I don't think anyone will care much what the return is, even if it's nothing at all...I think everyone associated with the Jets (especially their fans) will be happy that this will soon be over.

Agree. But was Tebow inherited from a previous regime in Denver? I remember Elway being upset about the pick when came into the picture.

Projection much? The only blind individual seems to be you, who just can't see to judge your own team objectively.

Sanchez has been traumaticized and its indemic of the Jets whole offense which can't block, run the ball or defend against the blitz on the standard third and long that the Jets lack of cooridination puts them in.

I don't hate the Jets, but just making observations that the problems with your team run much, much deeper than you care to acknowledge.

and you're projecting the Jets future to be far gloomier than it really is. The Defense under rex has always been top 10...if not top 5. Even with a crippling injury this year and a QB that has turned it over more than any other Qb in football the past 2 seasons...the D has held up well under more duress than any other D in football. They literally get no breathers during a game. No long drives to refocus.

The running game has somehow gotten up to 12th in the league, it has steadily improved all season.

If the Jets can move from say the 30th ranked passing offense in the league to anywhere between 16-20th...that's already a playoff team. It will get better with Holmes next year, who was playing well when he got hurt.

Again Manta's judgement is clouded by his blind hatred of the Jets (maybe Al Toon took his lunch money) but in a capped league you can't "go for it" every year. The Jets did in 08, 09, and 10. That left them with little flexibility in 11 and 12...and it shows, as their record pretty much matches their talent level...in manta's backwards world however the Jets are still 1-15 and kotite is coaching the club, when in fact they've been one of the better run NFL franchises since 1997

Jets are 134-121 in the regular season since the start of the '97 season, and that includes two 4-12 seasons. In their last 16 seasons (including this one), they've had .500 or better records 12 times, and have made the playoffs 7 times (7-7 record in playoff games over that stretch). They really haven't been nearly as hapless as they are sometimes portrayed.

That being said, they are like the Armando Benitezes of the NFL...when they do blow up, it tends to be spectacular, memorable, and their dark moments have a way of obscuring the better ones. As solid as the above numbers are, they don't seem real in a way, and that's because they are constantly (falsely) perceived as being a laughingstock.

and you're projecting the Jets future to be far gloomier than it really is. The Defense under rex has always been top 10...if not top 5. Even with a crippling injury this year and a QB that has turned it over more than any other Qb in football the past 2 seasons...the D has held up well under more duress than any other D in football. They literally get no breathers during a game. No long drives to refocus.

The running game has somehow gotten up to 12th in the league, it has steadily improved all season.

If the Jets can move from say the 30th ranked passing offense in the league to anywhere between 16-20th...that's already a playoff team. It will get better with Holmes next year, who was playing well when he got hurt.

And again, you seem to be arguing with yourself. I don't think anyone here has said a negative thing about your defense, unless your just looking to change the subject.

You are grasping at straws with the "If we do this, then we will be a playoff team". Every team in the league can say the same. Even with Holmes you do not have a #1 or #2 type of reciever. Holmes is just not an impact player.

The point you seem to be missing is that Tannebaum, basically has destroyed your offense the past few years and this is your reality for 2012.

Jets are 134-121 in the regular season since the start of the '97 season, and that includes two 4-12 seasons. In their last 16 seasons (including this one), they've had .500 or better records 12 times, and have made the playoffs 7 times (7-7 record in playoff games over that stretch). They really haven't been nearly as hapless as they are sometimes portrayed.

That being said, they are like the Armando Benitezes of the NFL...when they do blow up, it tends to be spectacular, memorable, and their dark moments have a way of obscuring the better ones. As solid as the above numbers are, they don't seem real in a way, and that's because they are constantly (falsely) perceived as being a laughingstock.

They are currently perceived as a laughingstock, rightfully so IMHO, is becausee they talk a great game, but can not live up to their own hype.

They are currently perceived as a laughingstock, rightfully so IMHO, is becausee they talk a great game, but can not live up to their own hype.

Ryan's blustering definitely hurt them, and helped to paint the bulls' eye on his teams back. There's no shortage of opposing fans and others who want to see the Rex Ryans of the world fail. And this year blew up spectacularly for them, punctuated by the butt fumble.

Clearly there were a LOT of missteps for the Jets, starting with Tebow, but their D is still competitive and solid...the organization will quickly right the Tebow wrong and get him out of there. Next should be Tannenbaum. Depending on who is brought in, the Jets have a pretty good shot to be competitive again, though I think free agents aren't as intrigued as playing for Ryan as they were a couple of seasons ago. That being said, I don't think this season is the beginning of another period of irrelevance for the Jets.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976