Edmonton Making Moves

thefiestygoat

I would take Perron, Eberle or Gagne off of EDM's hands. Unfortunately, we don't have what it takes to get these types of players.

Sure we do.  Adam Larsson and some of our other defensive prospects would be highly sought after by them.  The Devils and Oilers make good trading partners.

we would have what it takes this July....but we used our 1st round pick on Matteau...and now we dont have what it takes

Adam Larsson+ would definitely get something from them.

Edited by Mike Brown

But that's the thing.  We have to be willing to part ways with our guys.  I would definitely do something around Larsson for Eberle.

Eberle's not the one you take. He's overpaid for being a 60 point player which is what he's gonna be. You try to get Gagner or Yakupov for cheaper

Trading Larsson at this point is utter lunacy. His value isn't high enough around the league for what he is slowly turning out to be... Which is a clear first pairing d, and probably better than that.

Moving him for Eberle is foolish and long term would be a clear loss for us. I dont want to move him at all unless I'm getting back a clear proven top line center.

But it's all crazy talk anyway cuz Lou will never trade him.

Trading Larsson at this point is utter lunacy. His value isn't high enough around the league for what he is slowly turning out to be... Which is a clear first pairing d, and probably better than that.

Moving him for Eberle is foolish and long term would be a clear loss for us. I dont want to move him at all unless I'm getting back a clear proven top line center.

But it's all crazy talk anyway cuz Lou will never trade him.

Fair enough.  Would you trade him for RNH?

Simmonds is one of the few Flyers I actually kinda worry about.  Not because of his skill, but because he's a dirty fvcking piece of garbage, and I'm always worried he's going to hurt someone.

Ship him up north, please.  Please do that Homer.

Every Devils fan I know would love if Simmonds were a Devil. He's one of those players. I've never seen him play "dirty", just play with complete intensity, which sometimes walks the fine line.

Edited by DJ Eco

Every Devils fan I know would love if Simmonds were a Devil. He's one of those players. I've never seen him play "dirty", just play with complete intensity, which sometimes walks the fine line.

I agree, I'm not sure why everyone always hates on Simmonds. To me, he's just a hard working, tough player. He'd be the perfect tough guy to have on our team. Hartnell, on the other hand, is another story...

My problem with Simmonds is his propensity to start garbage when the Flyers are invariably losing.  He's the one who started that Parise-getting-slewfooted, Schenn-getting-whaled-on thing when the Flyers were down big to NJ - one that somehow ended at even strength.  He also took out Zidlicky with a dirty hit late in that series.

He also started the brawl in Washington.

My problem with Simmonds is his propensity to start garbage when the Flyers are invariably losing.  He's the one who started that Parise-getting-slewfooted, Schenn-getting-whaled-on thing when the Flyers were down big to NJ - one that somehow ended at even strength.  He also took out Zidlicky with a dirty hit late in that series.

These plays are some of the few I had in mind when making my comment earlier.

He's got some skill, sure, but he's a goon.  Don't let the stats fool you - if his team is losing, he'll try and hurt someone.

He also started the brawl in Washington.

Yup - I was just about to mention your first example. I remember Simmonds being the reason for a whole lot of beer league antics and cheap shots. I would guess the poster just made up what they wrote.

These plays are some of the few I had in mind when making my comment earlier.

He's got some skill, sure, but he's a goon. Don't let the stats fool you - if his team is losing, he'll try and hurt someone.

I've watched a lot of Flyers games and this is 100% accurate.. He is a goon with skill, but a goon nonetheless.. And as you said, he especially looks to cause trouble when his team is about to lose