Would you trade Adam Larsson...

Beetlebum

We heard all the inside stuff about Kovalchuk from a poster here, about how he would never change - watch the end of the Islanders game, he has without question changed.

it's not even insides its RIGHT THERE, you see it on the ice that the team can't stand him. For an example Habs would be losing a game and Subban grabs the puck in his zone and decide to carry it for way too long and both wingers had their speed at the blueline and he didnt make the pass right away instead he went on to do a useless spining thing or wtv and made the pass super late but the winger was passed the blueline by then and they got an offside or the puck simply ended up in the back of the offensive zone... nothing incredible but the winger literally yelled at Subban and broke his stick against the board.

i hate them but im watching all MTL's games and i can assure you that im seeing LOTS of stuff like this showing that the management and players cant stand him anymore. Michel Therrien was saying that one of his biggest task this year will be to get Subban to be " a better player and also a better person" i mean... it's not a kindergarden, he's such a distraction for the team

i mean i heard bunch of stories about players with bad attitudes... but Subban is miles away from all of them

Edited by SterioDesign

As long as the signed contract was within reason, the question becomes, how do you not trade Adam for PK? I don't see the skating skills in Adam for his style of game, his speed and strength are major concerns. I also feel he is disinterested in playing, could be his shyness or maybe that is just the youth today.

Bottom line, the Montreal stuff that leaks out is all garbage. Funny thing is that their current coach was one of the guys doing that sh!t on the radio. My favorite is still Demers literally crying on TV because Carey Price and the Kostitsyns were going to get arrested in a drug bust on a plane.

Remember Darche's comments about taking the Devils tryout? The guy that directed him to NJ was the *captain of the team*. And if you read through the lines, it doesn't seem like he likes his own organization very much.

As long as the signed contract was within reason, the question becomes, how do you not trade Adam for PK? I don't see the skating skills in Adam for his style of game, his speed and strength are major concerns. I also feel he is disinterested in playing, could be his shyness or maybe that is just the youth today.

The reason he's not signed is precisely because he wants something beyond reason. He's not signing a below-market deal to get traded somewhere else.

The reason he's not signed is precisely because he wants something beyond reason. He's not signing a below-market deal to get traded somewhere else.

One of the main reasons he's not signed is that they are already at $53M posting for next season. If he opened himself to offer sheets, he'd probably be signed pretty quickly.

It would depend on the contract and I'd want a little something else from the Habs or maybe make the deal bigger, but yeah. Subban is an incredible player already.

Finally someone with sense. I think a large portion of the Montreal media takes issue with him is because he is black.

Finally someone with sense. I think a large portion of the Montreal media takes issue with him is because he is black.

It sounds like it's the players and coaches that take more of an issue with him than the media or the fans and I don't think the players and the coaches are calling him out because of race.

cant remember who it was... but it was a young dman who played for philly and Mtl who said that he saw some stuff from rookies in MTL that he simply couldnt believe was happening and that for sure it would have never happened in the Flyers locker room... cant put my finger on who it was.

One of the main reasons he's not signed is that they are already at $53M posting for next season. If he opened himself to offer sheets, he'd probably be signed pretty quickly.

Well that kook Holmgren would be the first one in line to offer something even more insane than what Subban's asking for. But I don't think their cap number for next year is going to change all that much whether he signs a two-year or six-year deal, maybe 2-3 million max.

Bottom line is they don't want to give him a long-term deal because Price and Pacioretty had to take two years on their second contract before they hit paydirt, giving Subban massive money now would go against it. Exactly why Lou didn't want to give Larsson a huge rookie contract, it would have gone against established precedent.

Edited by NJDevs26

Well that kook Holmgren would be the first one in line to offer something even more insane than what Subban's asking for. But I don't think their cap number for next year is going to change all that much whether he signs a two-year or six-year deal, maybe 2-3 million max.

Bottom line is they don't want to give him a long-term deal because Price and Pacioretty had to take two years on their second contract before they hit paydirt, giving Subban massive money now would go against it. Exactly why Lou didn't want to give Larsson a huge rookie contract, it would have gone against established precedent.

If they signed him to a $5M per year they'd have I think 17 players under contract, and around $6M to give out. Depending on whose contract is up next year, that could be a minor problem.

He's open to be poached and that he's still negotiating with the Habs, instead of doing that, well, he must not be as bad a guy as he's getting credit for.

If they signed him to a $5M per year they'd have I think 17 players under contract, and around $6M to give out. Depending on whose contract is up next year, that could be a minor problem.

He's open to be poached and that he's still negotiating with the Habs, instead of doing that, well, he must not be as bad a guy as he's getting credit for.

Well he's not signing for $1.5 million on a short-term deal either.

If you're him, would you want to stay in Montreal where you have a big market, get a lot of attention and the fans are generally on your side as opposed to going to Philly where the fans'll turn at the drop of a hat once you're not earning your money?

Has there even been an offer sheet tendered during the season?

Edited by NJDevs26

I mean, Hamilton is playing with Chara lol

It's a serious question. It seems like they have the same skill set except that Hamilton is a lot tougher.

"Who's better, Larsson or Hamilton?"

Listening to Pierre tonight you'd think Hamilton is the greatest defensive prospect ever.

During the draft, and in the Flyers series, Pierre was talking about how great Larsson was.

It's a serious question. It seems like they have the same skill set except that Hamilton is a lot tougher.

During the draft, and in the Flyers series, Pierre was talking about how great Larsson was.

Pierre likes boys under the age of 21.

To answer your question, it's obviously too early to tell. I think Hamilton has better offensive upside, but Larsson will be the better defender

To answer your question, it's obviously too early to tell. I think Hamilton has better offensive upside, but Larsson will be the better defender

Larsson just seems to get pushed around a lot, which I don't see that being the case with Hamilton. Yeah, guys like Lidstrom or Borque didn't have to rely on toughness, but Larsson isn't Lidstrom or Borque.

Well he's not signing for $1.5 million on a short-term deal either.

If you're him, would you want to stay in Montreal where you have a big market, get a lot of attention and the fans are generally on your side as opposed to going to Philly where the fans'll turn at the drop of a hat once you're not earning your money?

Has there even been an offer sheet tendered during the season?

I don't think so, if you consider the season starting day 1 of training camp. Kessel could have been, but they traded him instead.

This is just an odd situation where there's almost a second opening day of FA

Larsson just seems to get pushed around a lot, which I don't see that being the case with Hamilton. Yeah, guys like Lidstrom or Borque didn't have to rely on toughness, but Larsson isn't Lidstrom or Borque.

We'll see. People were projecting Larsson as another Lidstrom when we drafted him. I haven't seen it, but he also did a fairly good job as a 19 year old. If he puts it all together and gets a little heavier, he could be special. Then again, he could be another Paul Martin.