The New NJ Devils Lines

ScoreMoreThan3

Just wondering why Zubrus is on the 1st line?

He's a solid player but I see him more as a 2nd, 3rd line player.

I think I'd rather Kovalchuk move back up to the 1st line if that's the case and drop Zubrus down to the 2nd line.

Eventually drop Elias there too and move Zajac to the first.

I know people want Parise and Kovalchuk separated, as do I, but it's impossible to say that Parise-Zajac-Kovalchuk wouldn't be dangerous.

I dunno..just something I was thinking. Why can't it all be just simple.

I think this will be game #4 with these new lines. I think we're all going to be very disappointed if they don't play better and score some goal(s) tonight.

Zach Parise

Patrik Elias

Dainius Zubrus

Adam Henrique

Travis Zajac

Ilya Kovalchuk

Alexei Ponikarovsky

Jacob Josefson

David Clarkson

Petr Sykora

Ryan Carter

Steve Bernier

I would keep Kovy and Zach seperate, but I don't like Zubrus and Parise on the same line. They get too many of their goals the same way, though obviously Zach's better at it. I would switch Zubs and Henrique and move Kovy back to the left. Zubs is like a much better, tougher version of Palmieri, and Palmieri looked pretty good playing with Kovy and Zajac.

While I agree that Parise-Zajac-Kovalchuk would be our best line, I actually really like the lines that have since been constructed. Each line has a good amount of creativity, speed, and scoring capability. Also, each line has some good size from at least 1 or 2 of the players.

Think about it, that first line is very solid and can probably match well with any other team's first line. If the second line builds some chemistry, that can dominate. And now that Josefson has begun to show some life and confidence, the third line might finally become a threat as well. If anything, Zajac and Elias may need to be switched if chemistry becomes a problem between Elias and Parise, which hasn't really been. The fourth line probably remains a problem, but we may even see a goal from it before the end of the year!

Just wondering why Zubrus is on the 1st line?

He's a solid player but I see him more as a 2nd, 3rd line player.

I think I'd rather Kovalchuk move back up to the 1st line if that's the case and drop Zubrus down to the 2nd line.

Eventually drop Elias there too and move Zajac to the first.

I know people want Parise and Kovalchuk separated, as do I, but it's impossible to say that Parise-Zajac-Kovalchuk wouldn't be dangerous.

I dunno..just something I was thinking. Why can't it all be just simple.

I think this will be game #4 with these new lines. I think we're all going to be very disappointed if they don't play better and score some goal(s) tonight.

Zach Parise

Patrik Elias

Dainius Zubrus

Adam Henrique

Travis Zajac

Ilya Kovalchuk

Alexei Ponikarovsky

Jacob Josefson

David Clarkson

Petr Sykora

Ryan Carter

Steve Bernier

There was new lines as of this morning per TG

9-19-17

15-26-8

12-14-23

20-16-18

I actually really liked Henrique on Zajac's wing with Kovalchuk on the other side. They had some great chances in the Chicago game. Unfortunately, Parise and Elias have never had much chemistry together.

I don't think the lines are bad, but I'd prefer to see Kovy and Parise on different lines.

Something like this maybe:

Parise-Zajac-Henrique

Kovy-Elias-Zubrus

Poni-JJ-Clarkson

Sykora-Carter-Bernier

I also wouldn't be averse to moving Zubs to the 3rd center position if Sykora suddenly looks good and deserves time with Patty on the 2nd line. I'd then put JJ in Sykora's place on the 4th line.

I just think that Elias' trickiness and good ability to carry the puck and make great east-west passes will give Kovy great opportunities to fire away, while Zajac and Henrique as well play more of a straight line game that is conducive to the way Parise gets things done, so I believe lines set up like this would be best for the team.

But what do I know, I'm just a back seat driver I guess.

Edited by ATLL765

ATLL, those are the same lines I would like the Devils to try. The first line all like to take pucks to the net and work the corners. The second line compliments each other. The third line is already shown to be effective. The 4th line can't be worse than the 4th line has been most of the season.

Kovy and Zajac have sick chemistry. No matter what you do with everyone else, I want those 2 together if Zajac can handle the minutes.

Whatever the lines are, I'm sure Pete knows what he's doing. He's the coach.

Coaches make mistakes. I believe he's made a few this year.

Nobody is perfect but I'm sure people on the site know I don't like his style.

He waits too long to make things happen IMO.

Granted the Devils are a top 10 team somehow, but they could and should be better.

The Poni-Henrique-Clarkson line worked out great this game. 2 goals, and 4 assists. Hope they can keep it up!

I like Poni and Clarkson together. Those boys know how to raise some hell.

Josefson also played like an animal last night.. last nights game really generated offense from everybody that i wanted to see it from lol. if we keep the lines how they are, then i'd like to think that everyone is getting the most out of their respective line-mates.. because it definitely seemed like it