Jacques Lemaire Retires

njdevil26

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has "the hand of Lou" written all over it. So begins the long coaching search and the decreasing likelihood that Kovalchuk remains a Devil.

That may not be entirely true. What if a more offensive forechecking coach gets hired?

I would think Lou has a replacement lined up? I mean he really can't go the whole summer looking for a coach now when there are so many player contracts to handle?

Two days after Lou says he is definitely coaching next year haha.

We can't listen to anything Lou says can we?

It's just pure ridiculousness. And two days after Jacques said that he loves coaching and wants to keep coaching.

Maybe they forgot to consult Vanderbeek first and he had the final word? I don't know. What a freakin circus.

Edited by Jerrydevil

That may not be entirely true. What if a more offensive forechecking coach gets hired?

I would think Lou has a replacement lined up? I mean he really can't go the whole summer looking for a coach now when there are so many player contracts to handle?

Lou works on his own timetable, he didn't hire Sutter until after UFA started. I know Zubrus signed here before we had a coach. That said I think if the rumor that was posted about Haviland was true, he'd be next - but that might not be for a while as long as the Hawks' playoff run lasts. Johnny Mac's a more convenient candidate.

Maybe they forgot to consult Vanderbeek first and he had the final word? I don't know. What a freakin circus.

Perhaps your theory has some merit since it is a pretty short timetable if you want to make it look like the guy really retired. Or maybe Jacques himself didn't know Lou wanted to can him and Lou gave him the option to save face.

Edited by NJDevs26

It's just pure ridiculousness. And two days after Jacques said that he loves coaching and wants to keep coaching.

Maybe they forgot to consult Vanderbeek first and he had the final word? I don't know. What a freakin cicus.

Absolutely. Even the group of us who imagined it would go down this way...did not think it would happen a few days after the season, especially after Jacques said he wanted to be back, and Lou said he would be back.

Whatever happened to sleeping on it for a few months before making a retirement decisions. But then again, should we be surprised that Jacques flip-flopped on this faster than any lines he put together this season.

This has "the hand of Lou" written all over it. So begins the long coaching search and the decreasing likelihood that Kovalchuk remains a Devil.

having lemaire return as coach probably hurt our chances of keeping kovulchuk. lou won't be able t sign him anyway, he was rental (the fallen messiah)