Parise named captain!

SterioDesign

lame

What's so lame about it? If anything, I don't think he'd be named captain if he was as disgruntled as some reported earlier. Still too early to tell if Parise will be re-signing, but this can only be seen as a positive.

We should all be cheering this. I really doubt they would name Parise captain if Lou believed there was a likely chance that he would leave. Obviously nothing is set in stone, but I think this is a pretty good sign that Parise is much closer to staying long term than is publicly known.

We should all be cheering this. I really doubt they would name Parise captain if Lou believed there was a likely chance that he would leave. Obviously nothing is set in stone, but I think this is a pretty good sign that Parise is much closer to staying long term than is publicly known.

Exactly, this was kinda my first thought when I read that Parise had been named captain of the team.

parise hasn't displayed nearly the passion/fire/leadership that kovy has

this is just to appease the guy and get him to sign long term

like i said earlier, lame.

Parise hasn't played much period since last season, but he's still proven why he deserves this from years of being with the team and playing his heart out

Edited by Colin226

I think this is a valid point honestly. The Thrashers tried to do this when they were negotiating with Kovy a couple seasons back and it did not work.

You don't need the "C" on your jersey to LEAD.

For many years Brendan Shanahan was the real leader of the Red Wings in locker room with all due respect to Steve Yzerman. Yzerman was just a quiet leader. Shanahan was the talker.

I think Kovalchuk was a mistake, but hey I thought he was a mistake since day 1. I thought there were a number of better candidates for the "A" than him. Clarkson would've been the best decision they could've made.

I don't think the "C" lends itself to Parise staying put. Money talks and BS walks (just ask Kovalchuk).

• Like 1

Are you fvcking serious with this? What Parise have you been watching the past five years? That guy gives it everything, every shift.

Sounds like you're another in the growing group who is getting suckered into Kovalchuk's wordsmithery in the media about team and winning and loving the fans.

Or maybe Parise didn't show the supporters enough love? Whatever the case, you really are making yourself look unknowledgable by stating Parise lacks "passion/fire/leadership that kovy has". If you know anything about Lamoriello since Day 1, he would never appease giving a player the "C" for a future contract.