Jagr Signs 1 Year Deal With Devils

Rogan The Goat

Absolute idiocy on the main board at HF

1 year deal for Jagr is an 'epic fail'

Jagr wont do good on our 'defensive' system

Our center depth is 'brutal'

NJD defense is 'mediocre at best'

Sounds like idiocy. 

Jagr will improve our forward depth, which we have again now. 

We have 4-6 capable centers in our lineup, Elias, Henrique, Loktionov, Josefson, Carter, Gionta,

If the defense is 'mediocre', I feel like Lou would make improvements where needed (ILWT) - Also one year removed from a stanley cup run. 

the jagr thread on the HF Board is all over the place. it went to talking about jagr, to how slow our team is, and then to a trade proposal to send larrsson and a 1st round pick to the avs haha

I'm seeing a lot of this. Every writer's somehow a critic of this deal; but if it were any other team but the Devils, it'd be "a great pickup for forward depth".

You've been saying that for a few years now. What's the reason for the hatred?

I think his mullet casts him in a negative light.

Boy is the rest of the league going to be surprised if Andrei Loktionov does what I think he can do.  Unfortunately his profile and abilities are the kind that teams throw away until he ends up on the equivalent of the Islanders and then does really well, so here's hoping New Jersey isn't that stupid.

Boy is the rest of the league going to be surprised if Andrei Loktionov does what I think he can do.  Unfortunately his profile and abilities are the kind that teams throw away until he ends up on the equivalent of the Islanders and then does really well, so here's hoping New Jersey isn't that stupid.

How good we talkin? To bring this in to the thread: Do you see him as a fit with Jagr? IMO an Elias-Loki-Jagr line would seem to work with loki providing the speed/youth those vets would need and Elias being one of the best defensive forward I've ever seen.

I don't see a problem with Jagr on our "1st line", because we won't really have a 1st line that logs 20+ minutes a night.

You've been saying that for a few years now. What's the reason for the hatred?

It goes back to the pittsburgh days, I never liked his stupid goal celebrations and I just always disliked watching him play. The trade to the Rangers made me dislike him even more. I just can't stand him, sometimes people just bother you and Jagr is one of those people for me.

I hope he plays well because I always want this team to do well but I just won't enjoy having to watch him play. I was glad Clarkson was finally gone so I didn't have anyone on the team I didn't like to watch play and then this happened lol

How good we talkin? To bring this in to the thread: Do you see him as a fit with Jagr? IMO an Elias-Loki-Jagr line would seem to work with loki providing the speed/youth those vets would need and Elias being one of the best defensive forward I've ever seen.

I don't see a problem with Jagr on our "1st line", because we won't really have a 1st line that logs 20+ minutes a night.

I'm not sure I see him as a fit with Jagr, both guys like having the puck, but on the other hand, he's got the ability to take the puck into the zone with speed.  As for how good, I see him as a player like Mikhail Grabovski - doesn't put up a ton of goals or assists himself but is on the right side of the +/- ledger typically.  I could see him scoring 15 goals and 30 assists per 82 games this year.

It goes back to the pittsburgh days, I never liked his stupid goal celebrations and I just always disliked watching him play. The trade to the Rangers made me dislike him even more. I just can't stand him, sometimes people just bother you and Jagr is one of those people for me.

I hope he plays well because I always want this team to do well but I just won't enjoy having to watch him play. I was glad Clarkson was finally gone so I didn't have anyone on the team I didn't like to watch play and then this happened lol

As a Devils fan, I can honestly say that no player made me more nervous than Jagr when the puck was on his stick.  Obviously, that's diminished since his true prime years...but even on the rags, he was still extremely dangerous, and that feeling never really went away until he left for the KHL.