Ryan Miller Traded to the Blues

Rogan The Goat

ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Blues President of Hockey Operations and General Manager Doug Armstrong announced Friday the Blues have acquired goaltender Ryan Miller and forward Steve Ott from the Buffalo Sabres in exchange for Jaroslav HalakChris StewartWilliam Carrier, a first-round pick in 2015 and a third-round draft pick in 2016.

Per. ST.Louis Blues News

I don't like to hate on other posters ever, but it's annoying when someone who never posts, comes on and starts a thread just because they want to break news. It's like, it's not really a big deal, and we could probably keep it in the trade deadline thread. But it is a big trade. 

On that note: poor Jaroslav Halak, things were so swell...

Edited by Neb00rs

I don't like to hate on other posters ever, but it's annoying when someone who never posts, comes on and starts a thread just because they want to break news. It's like, it's not really a big deal, and we could probably keep it in the trade deadline thread. But it is a big trade. 

On that note: poor Jaroslav Halak, things were so swell...

I come on this site everyday, just don't post a lot. It doesn't matter, it's a blockbuster trade and it deserves its own thread.

Ott may end up being the key player in the deal, seeing as the Blues were good in goal all along.

Blues are my favorite WC team. Would be sweet and a breath of fresh air to see a team not named Chicago, Pittsburgh or Boston win the cup

I love the Blues as well, but that's because they've been so generous to us!  They gave us Stevens, draft picks.... sheesh, they're the gift that keeps on giving.  :thumbsup:

I love the Blues as well, but that's because they've been so generous to us!  They gave us Stevens, draft picks.... sheesh, they're the gift that keeps on giving.  :thumbsup:

And now they're "giving" with Salvador.

Still amazing how the Blues completely screwed up the whole situation with Stevens.  They had to know the league was watching them very closely and wanted any excuse it could find to slap the Blues' hands for helping to drive up salaries.  Their compensation proposals for signing Shanahan were damned near comical at first...the first one was Dan Quinn, straight up, and they didn't get much better until the very end.