All trade deadline talks & rumours

SterioDesign

Marty was a no-brainer...even if the second year had the potential to blow up (which we won't know until the '13-'14 season is well underway).  Everyone involved likely knew the Devils would be getting a diminished version of Marty, but one they could live with, especially to see him retire a Devil.  Like I said, a risk, but one I think Lou had to take, especially considering the player, and I think he did so willingly.

I think if Lou felt someone in the system was close, he probably would've let Hedberg walk.  But yeah, between there not being being great options out there and uncertainty about what the Devils had in house, I think Lou probably gritted his teeth a little with the Hedberg re-signing.  He probably didn't love giving him that second year.     

I think you're right.  I don't think he really wanted to give Marty the 2nd year either, which is why Brodeur had to hire the agent.   However, the 2nd year to Hedberg isn't killer by any stretch.  They can easily amnesty him at season's end, buy him out, or send him down (nobody is picking him up off waivers) and eat his cap hit because it's only $1.4 million.  

I think you're right.  I don't think he really wanted to give Marty the 2nd year either, which is why Brodeur had to hire the agent.   However, the 2nd year to Hedberg isn't killer by any stretch.  They can easily amnesty him at season's end, buy him out, or send him down (nobody is picking him up off waivers) and eat his cap hit because it's only $1.4 million.  

The $3M in salary thing was just for the expedited buyouts, right? Or does that rule apply to the other amnesty buyouts too?

Also, I doubt we'd amnesty Moose, too little money, just buy him out. Use the amnesty buyout on Volch.

Hey guys just a quick question..

Why the hell did this team not pick up Jussi Jokinen when he was on wavers?

Salary reasons, nobody wanted to take his $3 million cap next season since the cap is going down. Part of the trade between CAR and PIT was Carolina taking a part of his salary.

Salary reasons, nobody wanted to take his $3 million cap next season since the cap is going down. Part of the trade between CAR and PIT was Carolina taking a part of his salary.

Got it.

Just don't get how the Pens are able to sign EVERYONE.