Signature sizes

DevilMinder

Guys and Gals, can you please keep the signature sizes down to 2-3 inches at the most. Some of you are approaching a full screen of text and images. I find it aggravating having to scrolll down a whole page to see the second post.

Some of you are really bad and I have messaged individuals already.

Thanks.

Also, image file size itself should not exceed 100KB.

Once again. Time to edit those signatures down to 2-3 inches at the most. We will start deleting signatures in their entirety soon. And NO VIDEOS In the signature. They seriously bog down the browsing of the forums.

Sorry, its strict but I come here to read the forums not view "Go Me" walls.

Probably a good guideline to use is this: If your sig takes up more than half your browser window, it's too long. That's just a guess, though.

EDIT: This assumes your monitor's resolution is set to 1024x768, which seems to be the standard these days. If your resolution is higher, take that into account. No matter what, use common sense.

Edited by RowdyFan42

Rowdy has it right. And Brodeurgirl, that image is too big. I only Pmed 3 people. I cant go through the whole memberlist.

I hate to enforce this but when 3-4 people with the offending sigs post in a thread its 90% signature and 10% content.

Ah, finally a ruling on this. I keep sigs turned off so it doesn't bother me but it was really needed.

So does this mean CRASHER will have to turn the novel in his sig into a short story? :evil:

No :P

this was more aimed at the absurdly LARGE pictures that were borderline puckbunnish and downright CREEPY that have overrun certain female posters sig files *coughLANCERcough*

all of my sig file stuff IS NJDevs related :P

• 3 months later...

I didn't want to start a new thread but this is slighty off topic. My work computer has an enormous problem handling some of the animated gifs or videos in people's avatars and signatures. It would be easier for me if the site didn't allow those but I'm not going to be upset if the site allows them. I just figured I'd throw that out there because maybe other people are having that issue.

I didn't want to start a new thread but this is slighty off topic. My work computer has an enormous problem handling some of the animated gifs or videos in people's avatars and signatures. It would be easier for me if the site didn't allow those but I'm not going to be upset if the site allows them. I just figured I'd throw that out there because maybe other people are having that issue.

I think you can turn avatars and signatures off.......

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

the buttmunch you just love to slap!!

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !) http://www.crasherline.net (here's why !!)

THREE TIME (2005, 2006, 2007) NJDevs.com winner of the Ian Moran/Alexander Mogilny Award for the funniest poster in the land (geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)

TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!!

Keeper of the Immortal CRASH Line (funny cause I hate Holik more then a man should be allowed!!)... the Mrs Fields Cappuccino machine (which I don't drink anymore, in a building I will NEVER set foot in again!) and also less THAN official keeper of the Naughty Little Devils thread (which I am no longer the top poster in!)

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.