Sunday NHL Rumor Roundup – January 15, 2012.

Rock

http://spectorshockey.net/wordpress/2012/01/15/sunday-nhl-rumor-roundup-january-15-2012/

OTTAWA SUN: Bruce Garrioch reports New Jersey Devils GM Lou Lamoriello might have to consider trading pending UFA Zach Parise if he’s unsigned by the trade deadline, with league sources claiming Lamoriello is gauging what Parise might fetch in the trade market, though he’s in a difficult spot because the Devils are in the thick of the playoff race. Garrioch believes the Minnesota Wild would be at the top of the list of those trying to land Parise, and believes Lamoriello wants a top young player, a prospect and a first round pick…

SPECTOR’S NOTE: I just can’t bring myself to believe Lamoriello will move Parise if he’s unsigned at the trade deadline. This is a team which reportedly is in financial trouble, and could use the revenue generated from a playoff appearance. They’ll need Parise for that

ESPN.COM: Pierre LeBrun recently reported Devils GM Lou Lamoriello won’t trade Parise, the captain and face of the franchise, with the Devils in a playoff spot, plus they could really use the playoff revenue…

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sun rumor would imply ongoing negotiations which we all know are as likely to be happening right now as Ryan Carter going one game without taking a retarded penalty.

Get used to this type of speculation. The writers who jerk off to the thought of us losing Parise will write whatever they feel like to fit their agenda over the next several months. Its easier if you laugh at it for the horsesh!t it is and move on with your life.

What i can't believe is that there have been no contract talks!!! What could Lou be waiting for? There is zero benefits of waiting and Zach is willing to talk about a long term deal now!! It's crazy there isn't outrage by devils fans. Someone should stop in loft 44 before next home game and give Vanderbeek a piece of their mind on this topic!!

http://spectorshockey.net/wordpress/2012/01/15/sunday-nhl-rumor-roundup-january-15-2012/

OTTAWA SUN: Bruce Garrioch reports New Jersey Devils GM Lou Lamoriello might have to consider trading pending UFA Zach Parise if he’s unsigned by the trade deadline, with league sources claiming Lamoriello is gauging what Parise might fetch in the trade market, though he’s in a difficult spot because the Devils are in the thick of the playoff race. Garrioch believes the Minnesota Wild would be at the top of the list of those trying to land Parise, and believes Lamoriello wants a top young player, a prospect and a first round pick…

SPECTOR’S NOTE: I just can’t bring myself to believe Lamoriello will move Parise if he’s unsigned at the trade deadline. This is a team which reportedly is in financial trouble, and could use the revenue generated from a playoff appearance. They’ll need Parise for that

ESPN.COM: Pierre LeBrun recently reported Devils GM Lou Lamoriello won’t trade Parise, the captain and face of the franchise, with the Devils in a playoff spot, plus they could really use the playoff revenue…

Gee, Lou may be gauging what he might get? Astonishing! why would lou possibly want to know what parise's market value is going into negotiations Crazy I tell you!

Lamoriello wants a top young player, a prospect and a first round pick AND a hummer from brooklyn decker!

There are two factors to this whole Parise thing.

Money and the ability for his new (or old if he stays) team to win.

Why would he go to Minnesota? They made the conference finals ONCE. They have had no winning culture since they have been back in 2002. They don't have a proven coaching staff or goalie. Cullen might be the only guy on that roster that has won a championship.

The Devils have his best friend in Zajac, an elite superstar for the next 14 years in Kovalchuk, a promising future with Henrique, Tedenby, Larsson, Merrill, Josefson, Urbom, and so on...

If the Wild can blow the Devils out of the water in terms of money, he will have to give up his desire to win.

He keeps saying over and over he wants to stay here... and he says one of his biggest , if not biggest, factors is that he wants to win... so the fact that so many people keep saying the Wild are the most likely choice is just mind boggling.

Edited by njdevil26

What i can't believe is that there have been no contract talks!!! What could Lou be waiting for? There is zero benefits of waiting and Zach is willing to talk about a long term deal now!! It's crazy there isn't outrage by devils fans. Someone should stop in loft 44 before next home game and give Vanderbeek a piece of their mind on this topic!!

Contract talks are one thing zach doesn't need to worry about right now. No need to risk throwing him off his game.

As someone else said earlier, I suspect some serious discussions to be had over the Allstar break. Especially with zach not going.

Edited by Devilsfan118

when they say that Lou may trade Parise if he can't sign him... its not a report or rumor or anything... its a guy thinking what most people is thinking... i hate when they make full article about stuff like that.

its like making a full article about if Crosby get another hit to the head when he comes back that he could be done again... we all know that and its a common knowledge

I can't find anything to really disagree with in the Spector's note section.

The Ottawa Sun is definitely pure speculation designed to grab eyeballs with salacious headlines.

By the way, did anyone else notice this from the CBC section:

Francis spoke with Teemu Selanne, who left the door open for a possible trade if the Ducks are eliminated soon from playoff contention

I'd do a deal for Selanne in a heartbeat, if the price was reasonable (something like a mid-round pick), and that would be a good deal for the Ducks as well. Selanne isn't actually moving anywhere, but I was speculating that he'd certainly be willing to finish out this season with a playoff team about a month ago.

Edited by ohms law

I can't find anything to really disagree with in the Spector's note section.

The Ottawa Sun is definitely pure speculation designed to grab eyeballs with salacious headlines.

By the way, did anyone else notice this from the CBC section:

I'd do a deal for Selanne in a heartbeat, if the price was reasonable (something like a mid-round pick), and that would be a good deal for the Ducks as well. Selanne isn't actually moving anywhere, but I was speculating that he'd certainly be willing to finish out this season with a playoff team about a month ago.

He didn't want to come to us in 2003 so why would he want to come now?

Selanne? Because he'd know that he's a rental, and he's coming to a playoff team. He wouldn't be sticking around (and I wouldn't be interested in resigning him anyway).

Betcha he goes somewhere, anywhere that has a playoff team. This is basically it for him, so he's motivated to deal with being away from his wife and his normal life for the next six months.

theres no reason to trade for Selanne or any forwards anyways unless we have some injuries... with everyone healthy who are you scratching?

Parise Henrique Kovalchuk

Sykora Elias Zubrus

Josefson Zajac Clarkson

Tedenby Carter Whatever...

yeah we could get a good forward but you kinda have to put him on the third line or something

if we trade it would be for a goalie or a dman for sure

There's no f'in way I'd ever put Tedenby on the fourth line. Either he plays somewhere in the top 9, or he's in the minors.

Clarkson would be an excellent "4th liner", however.

Regardless, trust me, if Lou was able to grab either a Selanne or Hemsky, DeBoer would be happy to use them. Saying "theres no reason to trade for <good player>" is a tad ridiculous.

Defensemen are way too expensive right now to trade for. I'd probably only trade for one if we weren't going to make the playoffs and could afford to "rebuild". Goalies... I don't know... who's out there that's worth actually trading for (and available)? Signing as a free agent, sure, but you'd trade for a goalie? There are plenty of good forwards available, which makes them cheaper. Everyone's looking for defensemen... get the talent available and let them play to the best of their abilities.

Selanne? Because he'd know that he's a rental, and he's coming to a playoff team. He wouldn't be sticking around (and I wouldn't be interested in resigning him anyway).

Betcha he goes somewhere, anywhere that has a playoff team. This is basically it for him, so he's motivated to deal with being away from his wife and his normal life for the next six months.

Oh selanne is as good as gone from the ducks, but he won't play here.

There are two factors to this whole Parise thing.

Money and the ability for his new (or old if he stays) team to win.

Why would he go to Minnesota? They made the conference finals ONCE. They have had no winning culture since they have been back in 2002. They don't have a proven coaching staff or goalie. Cullen might be the only guy on that roster that has won a championship.

The Devils have his best friend in Zajac, an elite superstar for the next 14 years in Kovalchuk, a promising future with Henrique, Tedenby, Larsson, Merrill, Josefson, Urbom, and so on...

If the Wild can blow the Devils out of the water in terms of money, he will have to give up his desire to win.

He keeps saying over and over he wants to stay here... and he says one of his biggest , if not biggest, factors is that he wants to win... so the fact that so many people keep saying the Wild are the most likely choice is just mind boggling.

I think the fact that Minnesota has a huge fan base and the fact that he's actually from there is attractive to Parise. The team, although they don't have a lot of history, doesn't exactly suck either.