Sunday NHL Rumor Roundup – January 15, 2012.

Rock

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the fact that Minnesota has a huge fan base and the fact that he's actually from there is attractive to Parise. The team, although they don't have a lot of history, doesn't exactly suck either.

I just don't see too many cases of guys signing for their hometown team anymore...

Sure, the Wild don't suck right now... But remember when they were #1 in the league earlier this year? They now have more losses than wins when you add up losses and shootout losses.

why is everyone saying that he'd go to Minny anyway? seriously? the hometown excuse is stupid to me, its only his hometown, he never cheered for the Wild he was a north stars fan growing up. Such a weak argument

we dont see that often players signing in their hometown when they are UFAs... Hamhuis did it... but he went to a good contending team, other than that i dont know? Modano did it when he was on the verge of retiring...

I just don't see too many cases of guys signing for their hometown team anymore...

Sure, the Wild don't suck right now... But remember when they were #1 in the league earlier this year? They now have more losses than wins when you add up losses and shootout losses.

Yes true they have been on quite the skid.

I think the Parise thing will come down to money here. We either have it or we don't. Things are not good. NHL may take control of the team.

::sigh. Yea probably is as simple as that. The rest of this statement just bums me out because it's true.

Let's not overlook he is getting married. If his girl is from the Midwest, I find it as big a factor as anything.

well if you're a girl... would you rather live in Hoboken, 15 minutes from NEW-YORK or live in St-Paul 15 minutes from Minneapolis?

im pretty sure 100% of the girls i would ask to would pick New-York

Yeah, taking a peek at Minneosta's roster, they are further away from a legit Cup run then we are.

yeah not really attractive for a winger, Zach would be playing with either Koivu (who's always injured), an aging Cullen, or Brodziak... Maybe eventually with Granlund, Philips or but who knows if they will be good NHLers.

i'd rather stick with Zajac, Henrique, Elias and Josefson.

They definitely don't have the horses.

Like I said before, it's pretty much the Devils or Detroit. I think that the Red Wings have more rebuilding to do than we do as well, along with the fact that Zach is familiar with the Devils already. So, he'll get the same offer from both the Devils and Detroit (along with a handful of other offers, mostly for less), and hopefully he'll end up choosing to stay in Jersey.

Or... she's the most likely reason that they'll be leaving...

:rolleyes:

:saddevil: I know how that is -- nothing personal though dude, right? :giggle:

I don't know him personally.... but I feel like he could take a sh!t on anyone and effectively ruin a good day. He could make Mother Theresa sad.

Every single thread... any discussion... every game... you'll get a page of people having good hockey chat... then he comes in with some uninformed, negative drivel and it was almost to the point that I didn't want to post here because of it and then I remembered the ignore feature,.

Manta- Pissing in EVERYONE's Cheerios.

I don't know him personally.... but I feel like he could take a sh!t on anyone and effectively ruin a good day. He could make Mother Theresa sad.

Every single thread... any discussion... every game... you'll get a page of people having good hockey chat... then he comes in with some uninformed, negative drivel and it was almost to the point that I didn't want to post here because of it and then I remembered the ignore feature,.

Manta- Pissing in EVERYONE's Cheerios.

He was never like that before. A lot of guys are normal and then decide they've graduated to the "I only post with Triumph" phase - that was OK when he was there for a season -- but then Kovalchuk arrived and he had a whole new persona to adopt. I think it's just boredom - and seeking an internet voice, you know? just trying to keep it fresh for himself - somethign to post about - something to say...