For All of You Beer Lovers on This Forum

GoArmySports

But you're totally paying for the experience of having a beer at the rock. Totally worth the insane markup

The insane price is only worth it if you drank 8+ beers prior to going in. Actually, scratch that. That was the scale for PREVIOUS seasons. This year it isn't worth the price of a beer inside The Rock unless you've had 12 MINIMUM prior to going in.... :cheers:

He didnt mention premium beers went up to $9 this year at the rock.

Thank god for the local bars selling beer at 2 and 3 dollar domestic drafts.

Yeah it looks like they are using old numbers from last season. Didn't even the domestics go up to like $8 or $8.75 or something? I was not able to find any beer at the Rock for under $8. Therefore, we are even higher on the list. Ouch.

The insane price is only worth it if you drank 8+ beers prior to going in. Actually, scratch that. That was the scale for PREVIOUS seasons. This year it isn't worth the price of a beer inside The Rock unless you've had 12 MINIMUM prior to going in.... :cheers:

Yeah I absolutely love holding a cup of beer, especially Molson, during the game.. Watching hockey while drinking a beer just feels right

Last Saturday was my first game of the new season. I was walking around the upper concourse looking for all the premium beers but all I could find was Heineken and Molson. What happened to all the other good beers they used to sell? Are they gone?

two-fold.

1) it's probably one of the more profitable things in the building... other than soda, so why not.

2) if beer was at market price, the place would be a drunken hellhole. it's bad enough as is.

of course, 1) is far more important than 2), but I don't mind it.

and if you really, really want to be floored, go to the new Giants/Jets stadium, and go to the Captain Morgan bar. check the prices for the hard stuff, and watch the pour. :lol: they about a bottle's worth out of one shot.

at least at the Rock, if you know someone, for $10 you get a good pour.

Edited by maxpower

Most of the beer is crap at games anyway. Would it kill them to add nice micro brews on tap. Allagash, Magic Hat, Pelican. Now I would drop $10 fro one of those. I am thirsty already.

I rather drink cat urine than any Miller, Bud, or Coors product.

I think they would only charge $5 for a 16oz draft of cat urine.

I have no pity for any of you. The cheapest 24 in Nova Scotia is roughly 41 dollars. A pint of hard liquor usually goes for 14 or 15 dollars.

I couldn't believe when I was at the store in Ontario and they wanted 36 C$ for a 24 pack of Bud Light lime. :lol: That isn't what we were getting, but it jumped out at me.

Most of the beer is crap at games anyway. Would it kill them to add nice micro brews on tap. Allagash, Magic Hat, Pelican. Now I would drop $10 fro one of those. I am thirsty already.

I think they would only charge $5 for a 16oz draft of cat urine.

For me, micro-brews are a hit or miss. A lot of the micro-brews that sell regionally tend to focus mostly on ales and IPA's due to the limitations of their equipment. I am not a big fan of IPA's and for ales, it depends.

Last year, they had Becks on tap at the arena, but I cannot find it anymore. I guess they got rid of it and it looks like it has been replaced by Coronoa Jr., I mean Landshark. Even thought Becks is far from the best German beer (it is a running joke in Germany that Becks is the beer that the German brewers messed up and send to the Americans and still better than any of our domestics), it was at least decent. I might pay $9 for a cup a game, but that is about it.

I really like Rolling Rock as far as cheaper beers go. Id rather drink that then bud light. They also have Blue Moon there now which I appreciate.

True Rolling Rock is better than bud, but that is like choosing between drinking cat urine or battery acid.

Blue Moon is probably the worst Wheat beer there is. It is made by Coors, so that answers why that is. Plus, any decent bartender will tell you that a wheat beer doesnt need a slice of citrus in it as wheat beers should have a refreshing citrus taste if made right. Unfortunately, Blue Moon is terrible and therefore you need a slice of citrus to make it drinkable. Sam Adams makes a better wheat beer or look for some good Belgian imports as they make fantastic wheat beers.