It's time for Kovalchuk to step up and play hurt

'7'

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know guys, he has the time to do his dry cleaning so why not jump back onto this sinking ship faster ya know?

Not to get off topic but is it safer to dry clean jersey or wash them? I've just put off doing anything with mine for about 5 years but I have 8 jerseys so I wear each about 5 times a season

Not to get off topic but is it safer to dry clean jersey or wash them? I've just put off doing anything with mine for about 5 years but I have 8 jerseys so I wear each about 5 times a season

I wash mine by themselves inside out and let them air dry. Never had a problem.

I wash mine by themselves inside out and let them air dry. Never had a problem.

+1, works great.  And some of my jerseys are getting up there in years.

stick with predictions ^7^ - you're not so good with the whole coaching thing

you forgot the S

{EDIT:  oh say, and can you post a picture with that - maybe one sans the uniform?}

See, I'm so bad at trolling that I can't even spell when I try to troll.

Rich Chere

‏@Ledger_NJDevils1h

DeBoer said that means he think Kovalchuk will be back from right shoulder injury for "more than just the last couple of games."

Pete DeBoer says Ilya Kovalchuk is making "great strides" and he is optimistic Kovy will "help us down the stretch."

The statements today are a real about face from Pete's 'he's a long way away' just a few days ago. The cynic in me just thinks they want to make Kovy sound closer to returning than he is so they sell more tickets down the stretch. Or worse, rushing him back because time is running out. The optomist in me wants to believe the Devils' timetable was actually correct this time, and/or Kovy has tremendous healing power.

The statements today are a real about face from Pete's 'he's a long way away' just a few days ago. The cynic in me just thinks they want to make Kovy sound closer to returning than he is so they sell more tickets down the stretch. Or worse, rushing him back because time is running out. The optomist in me wants to believe the Devils' timetable was actually correct this time, and/or Kovy has tremendous healing power.

The one thing that has me thinking the Devils are being honest this time is I have seen Kovy getting bumped and bruised many games before but always seems to make it through.  He seems to be a pretty durable guy.

The one thing that has me thinking the Devils are being honest this time is I have seen Kovy getting bumped and bruised many games before but always seems to make it through.  He seems to be a pretty durable guy.

From what I can tell the man is an very fit guy. To play all those minutes, he must be one of the best conditioned players in the game. He did, however, hit the boards pretty hard and did not look pleased when he got up.

You mean that statistically speaking & not based on performance, right?

All I'm saying is his inconsistent play as of late wouldn't have netted much. He is not playing well by anyone's standards.

He's getting pucks on net.  Some of them will go in.  You don't improve the team by getting rid of the guy who's actually shooting the puck.  I don't think he's playing that great, but he's playing better than people around here make it sound.

He's getting pucks on net.  Some of them will go in.  You don't improve the team by getting rid of the guy who's actually shooting the puck.  I don't think he's playing that great, but he's playing better than people around here make it sound.

From listening to most Devils' fans talk about Kovy, you'd think he was an absolute bum. It reminds me so much of how Yankees fans used to talk about A-Rod. Dude was winning MVPs and he still wasn't living up to his contract in the eyes of most fans.

Lol

Fire and Ice

The booming voice coming from the players’ lounge this afternoon belonged to Ilya Kovalchuk, who was at Prudential Center to do rehab work on his injured right shoulder and was calling out to defenseman Anton Volchenkov, “Volchie!”

If anyone doesnt think he has at least a TYPE II acromioclavicular separation or better known as a separated shoulder, then you are sadly mistaken.

Kovalchuk should be out the entire season in order to heal if that's the case.

It's a complicated injury and playing hockey is probably one of the worse things you can do, besides swing a bat, when having this type of injury.

The fact that he is still in a sling and that there was a recent tweet stating he's "not coming back in the near future", seriously leads me to believe I'm 100% correct with my assumptions.

If anything we should trade him.

Just sayin..

I got a SLAP tear (Superior Labrum Anterior to Posterior) in my left shoulder, from a check in the corner boards and hitting the ice. Most painful injury, worse than broken bones. Every time I see these players hit their shoulders and holding them crouched over leaving the ice, I cringe & also relive that injury. Man it's painful, with long rehab down the road too.

Edited by HOLLYWOOD