Larsson sent to Albany

Z-Man

1)They have determined they need offense. So they keep Gelinas up. No one will have issues with that

2)They like Merrill a bit more than Larsson right now. I guess that is fine since Larsson has missed a ton of time and Jon has been good 

3)They can't find a trading partner for Salvador or Volch at the moment

4) Larsson needs to play. Although playing in the AHL is not something he really needs to be doing...it is better than the current alternative

Edited by devilsrule33

1)They have determined they need offense. So they keep Gelinas up. No one will have issues with that

2)They like Merrill a bit more than Larsson right now. I guess that is fine since Larsson has missed a ton of time and Jon has been good 

4) Larsson needs to play. Although playing in the AHL is not something he really needs to be doing...it is better than the current alternative

They definitely won't find any trade partners for either of those two. It's either Fayne or Zid will be likely traded.

Pretty sure teddy was a conditioning stint because it doesn't put him on waivers. We can send larson down without a conditioning stint.

If he is down there for more than a few games, and we are stuck with slow fvck 28 and slow fvck 24 for the rest of the season, I'll be furious.

Edited by Sneax

Again over Merrill because?

Because he's coming off an injury and they want to get him to game speed. He'll probably be back fairly soon.

They didn't specify a conditioning stint the way they did with Tedenby. The hits just keep on coming. We aren't winning OR developing.

Tedenby needed to be specified as a conditioning stint to avoid waivers. Larsson isn't waiver eligible yet.

Does this management team have a business plan for player use or is it fly by the seat of their pants? Seems like it changes daily with lack of any logic. I agree it's better to play in Albany than ride the bench but DeBoer's logic of he hasn't benn playing wasn't that the same with Salvador and A-Train?  I am beginning to hate, strong word, DeBoer and his mouth.

Lou has got to go, retire Lou ASAP, the sooner the better, let Marty retire with Lou and have one big party and fire DeBoer on the way out the door.

whats the heartrate threshold for cardiovascular activity? does larsson ever skate at that rate to need conditioning?

seriously, I hope adam is back up withing the next week or so. we need some strength behind the goal line and he was providing some before he was injuried

sal volch zid gelly are all pretty scary deep in our end

All good points.  And I hope this is PDB's reasoning.

I'm reading Erat is a healthy scratch tonight.

That would be a very...Lou..thing to do.

Maybe a trade there?

I don't know what we're doing with this roster. I assume its for conditioning, but who the hell knows anymore.

Honestly it's such a clusterfvck at this point.

I wish I could sit down with Lou, just for an hour, and really pick his brain as to what the thought processes were behind some of his more recent decisions.  

Carrying 8 NHL defensemen was an absolutely awful game plan the first time he tried it, and now, however many years later, here we are again.